Native Completed Kitten's Badly Organized Outdoor Brawl (K-BOOB)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, you really made me do this.

BkS vs. NCN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bUlqnUUv8E - First map
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbC9DYQ0C3g - cont.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CZNHuvB0DU - Second map, part one of three

The rest of the videos still need to be encoded, takes forever for some reason.

I know this is a little late, but it's better that than not at all. Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone who helped me put together this successful event. The clans in NA have been most helpful in letting teams use their server and the captains have been responsible enough to give me a smooth ride. Several server admins like JaXm and Catholic have saved my hash when feces hit the fan and these rare wrinkles were handled excellently. More than anything else, I'm grateful for the opportunity to help the community. I'll make no pretenses; this isn't an effort I can take credit for. I put out the framework, you guys put in the work. For that, I'm happy.

The tournament was an eventful one. Shakespeare's Silly Swordsmen actually made it into the best four, improving their game considerably from the first tournament. No Catchy Name had a rough trip through the tournament but pulled it together to make it to the grand finals. Krummy's Mom is Hot also made a return trip and defied expectations by scraping into the top four after a tough initial portion. Zerg/ISRYOM proved they weren't just all talk by making the semifinals. Atop all of this was Black Shields, retaining their usual standard of excellence with an undefeated match record - those teams that took a map off of them should hold their heads high.

A special mention goes out to KAL, lead by the lovable Blixn. They were only European team in the tournament and particularly efficient with their scheduling despite the time zone differences. Despite the disadvantage of ping, they almost made it to the top four and made an excellent showing against the best teams in North America! Their captain is one of the most pleasant people I've had the honor of working with and the results of his team are nothing short of impressive.

When I think of the goals I wanted to accomplish, I feel satisfied. I'm not going to stroke my ego thinking I saved the community or anything self-saving. Plenty of people have contributed more and still will - Marnid's ladder is in far more detail and capacity to sustain the community and has some of the most accomplished people in the community at its helm. What I do hope is that somebody picks up where I left off. The groundwork is there and I assure you that running a tournament isn't as daunting a task as you might think it is. It can be a stressful but rewarding experience and working with each and every one of you has been a pleasure for me. Thank you so very much for everything you've done and everything you've helped me do.

I'm quitting Warband. A few of you know this from steam chats - Catholic, Marnid, CommissarK, and a few others that I'm proud to call my friends. Everyone's asked me why and it's just as simple as I'm not interested in the game. I won't just drop off the face of the earth and I'll still be around to chat up on Steam, but the game just isn't fun for me to play. I don't know how well I can express my gratitude, but I want to thank most everyone in this community. Does a tear come to your eye?

;__________________________________;

IT DOES TO MINE TOO.

OH GOD THE TEARS ;_;

It's like Anti when he sees his child support bills.

It's like peers when he sees his food budget.

It's like Scott Ray without a horse.

There's only one last thing I want to say to the community. It's pretty damn important, so listen up. You can tell your grandchildren about this ****.

gf qb gg no re going to subway nao~~

MODIFY: Of course no quit is complete without getting warned for spamming the GK thread. My tryhard pants were in the laundry so I went with the tryhard speedo. Because when you can't go out in style, you go out like the enormous troll you are. :3 Nyan~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGytDsqkQY8&ob=av3e

tears coming to that eye ;_;

MODIFY 2: If someone starts a new tournament I demand it be called the K-COCK - Clash of Clans and Kingdoms. DO IT.

Kitten-mew! said:
I know this is a little late, but it's better that than not at all. Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone who helped me put together this successful event. The clans in NA have been most helpful in letting teams use their server and the captains have been responsible enough to give me a smooth ride. Several server admins like JaXm and Catholic have saved my hash when feces hit the fan and these rare wrinkles were handled excellently. More than anything else, I'm grateful for the opportunity to help the community. I'll make no pretenses; this isn't an effort I can take credit for. I put out the framework, you guys put in the work. For that, I'm happy.

The tournament was an eventful one. Shakespeare's Silly Swordsmen actually made it into the best four, improving their game considerably from the first tournament. No Catchy Name had a rough trip through the tournament but pulled it together to make it to the grand finals. Krummy's Mom is Hot also made a return trip and defied expectations by scraping into the top four after a tough initial portion. Zerg/ISRYOM proved they weren't just all talk by making the semifinals. Atop all of this was Black Shields, retaining their usual standard of excellence with an undefeated match record - those teams that took a map off of them should hold their heads high.

A special mention goes out to KAL, lead by the lovable Blixn. They were only European team in the tournament and particularly efficient with their scheduling despite the time zone differences. Despite the disadvantage of ping, they almost made it to the top four and made an excellent showing against the best teams in North America! Their captain is one of the most pleasant people I've had the honor of working with and the results of his team are nothing short of impressive.

When I think of the goals I wanted to accomplish, I feel satisfied. I'm not going to stroke my ego thinking I saved the community or anything self-saving. Plenty of people have contributed more and still will - Marnid's ladder is in far more detail and capacity to sustain the community and has some of the most accomplished people in the community at its helm. What I do hope is that somebody picks up where I left off. The groundwork is there and I assure you that running a tournament isn't as daunting a task as you might think it is. It can be a stressful but rewarding experience and working with each and every one of you has been a pleasure for me. Thank you so very much for everything you've done and everything you've helped me do.

I'm quitting Warband. A few of you know this from steam chats - Catholic, Marnid, CommissarK, and a few others that I'm proud to call my friends. Everyone's asked me why and it's just as simple as I'm not interested in the game. I won't just drop off the face of the earth and I'll still be around to chat up on Steam, but the game just isn't fun for me to play. I don't know how well I can express my gratitude, but I want to thank most everyone in this community. Does a tear come to your eye?

;__________________________________;

IT DOES TO MINE TOO.

OH GOD THE TEARS ;_;

It's like Anti when he sees his child support bills.

It's like peers when he sees his food budget.

It's like Scott Ray without a horse.

There's only one last thing I want to say to the community. It's pretty damn important, so listen up. You can tell your grandchildren about this ****.

gf qb gg no re going to subway nao~~

MODIFY: Of course no quit is complete without getting warned for spamming the GK thread. My tryhard pants were in the laundry so I went with the tryhard speedo. Because when you can't go out in style, you go out like the enormous troll you are. :3 Nyan~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGytDsqkQY8&ob=av3e

tears coming to that eye ;_;

MODIFY 2: If someone starts a new tournament I demand it be called the K-COCK - Clash of Clans and Kingdoms. DO IT.

Good Riddance. Anyone who doesn't specifically mention me by name as one of his close friends who knew the intimate details of his life from steam chat doesn't deserve to play Warband.

Love you :smile:
Glad you got warned :grin:

God damnit Kitten, why you gotta go?

YOU THINK WARBAND IS STILL FUN FOR ME? NO, BUT I GOT A JOB TO DO, AND THAT'S LETTING ALL THE PEASANTS KNOW THEY'RE STILL PEASANTS.

You got a job to do, too. You can't leave.

Thanks for all the work, time and effort, and for being a cool dude.

Hopefully you change your mind.

We'll miss ya, buddy. You're not a replaceable guy.

KEEETAAAAAAAAAAAAN :C

I'll miss you and your nudes :sad:

Much love, thanks for all the hard work you put in man. Had tons of fun in these tournies.

34502_406546976706_727666706_4938529_2901386_n.jpg

Bow down, ladies. You know you want it. Wig and all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4nqXL0T6GE

Oh snap, is that peers in the chair at the start? Heh, no. Why? Because we can see his knees and chin at the same time.

MODIFY: jk this is my irl picture scrubs get a life, tuffer than haterhade

9192-Stan_mcquay_bodybuilder_c_ezr.jpg

none of you are my friend :<<<<

If I didn't name you, it's probably because I left a message on your answering machine saying I'd rent Splorsh out to you for BJs. I'm sure he's coo wit dat.

Kitten-mew! said:

Oh snap, is that peers in the chair at the start? Heh, no. Why? Because we can see his knees and chin at the same time.

I'VE BEEN IN THAT STORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy ****.

Kitten-mew! said:
none of you are my friend :<<<<

If I didn't name you, it's probably because I left a message on your answering machine saying I'd rent Splorsh out to you for BJs. I'm sure he's coo wit dat.

But-but-but, I raped solo top as rammus D:

John7 said:
Blue hair guy is Kitten imo

It is. Crazy rite?

Kitten-mew! said:

In other news, Kitten and I have the same slick frames. The classiest eyewear ever imho. Not so sure about hair though.

CommissarK said:
John7 said:
Blue hair guy is Kitten imo

It is. Crazy rite?

Kitten-mew! said:

In other news, Kitten and I have the same slick frames. The classiest eyewear ever imho. Not so sure about hair though.

Yes, but Kitten and I have been in the same hat shop. Clearly I win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom