Native Completed Kitten's Badly Organized Outdoor Brawl (K-BOOB)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitten-mew!

Knight at Arms
K-BOOB: Kitten’s Badly Organized Outdoor Brawl
Registration Rules
It’s like a green card but better!
-Registration will begin Monday, May 9th, 2011 and end two weeks after that, Monday, 23rd, 2011.​
-Late registration will accepted a week after that while brackets are being determined. Once late registration is over, there will be no accepting new times. I urge you to register during the proper registration date to avoid gameplay penalties!​
-Tournament should (issues notwithstanding) begin on Saturday, May 30th!

-Registering during the late registration period will incur a map-faction pick penalty in the first match. See the match rules for details. Again, make your best effort to register during the proper time to avoid penalties!​

-Teams will consist of up to twelve players with a minimum of seven. This is an increase of three from the previous tournament.​
-If a team is left with less than seven members during the tournament, they may choose to continue or drop. In the event that they choose to continue, they will have until a week before their next match to find a substitute and notify both their opponent and myself.​
-There will be severe penalties (including disqualification) for intentionally dropping out members of your team to invoke the above rule so that you can recruit in the middle of the tournament. Such behavior is unsportsmanlike and unacceptable.​
-There is no limit on entrants nor are there any constrictions based on clan affiliation. So long as they agree, you may form a team with anyone.​

Team Submission Rules:
-A team name should be recognizable. Try to make it witty like: Poopsucker Buttkissers. Alright, maybe a little less witty. Keep it (moderately) classy. If you win, you just might be able to call someone you dislike a bad name and have it emblazoned on the last post!
-All team members. Note that you may add or remove members from your team during the registration period but not during late registration.
-Should you replace or remove a team member, please notify me by PM and I will make a correction on the team page.
-Contact information should be provided for your leader, preferably at least two means. The primary method of contact will be PM.
-If you submit an email address, please make sure it is one that you check frequently - leaders may be updated frequently with tournament information.
-If you wish to submit information that you would rather keep under wraps, PM me and simply add that you have submitted information to the TO.​

Tournament Rules:
-To be victorious in the overall match, a team must win two out of three matches - a set.
-Seven won rounds = one won match. Two won matches out of three = one won set. One won set = one happy team.

-Determining battle speed if there is a dispute in picking will be determined by dueling. US_GK_Duel, US_GK_Royale, and Jestservers_Chi6 are all good duel servers. First to three wins, no armor, no ranged. If there is a problem with this format, someone let me know. Picking order depends on whether your name is on top for the pairing on the challonge scoreboard. Therefore, every team will get their first pick fifty-percent of the time.
-To clarify, picking works like this. Team 1 picks their map. Team 2 picks their spawn. Team 1 picks their faction. Team 2 picks their faction. If Team 2 loses, the pick order will be Team 2 - Map, Team 1 - Spawn, Team 2 - Faction, Team 1 - Faction.

-Banned maps are Random Plains/Steppe Large and Forest Hideout for obvious balance issues.
-Khergits are currently the only banned faction for various balance and fun reasons.

-Mirror matches are not allowed (Nords vs. Nords, Vaegirs vs. Vaegirs, etc)
-On Random Plains Medium, rerolls for a flat map (the aim of having this in the tournament in the first place) will be limited to three.

-Either team picking a faction on Map 1 will eliminate it for use on Map 2. If Team A picks Vaegirs for Map 1, neither team can use Vaegirs on Map 2.
-On Map 3, any faction may be picked so long as it adheres to the rule of no mirror matches.

-The number of players for a match should always be seven. If a team has seven players and another has all twelve, both teams should play with seven and the second team will have the benefit of the rule below. If one team has seven or more and the other team has less than seven players, the team with less than seven players may choose to play with that amount of people. It is up to the discretion of the other team as to whether they want to play with seven or match their opponent's numbers.
-Between each match, both teams may substitute any amount of players for any amount of the players they have in reserve. There are no rules about your starting lineup.

-I hope you're all mature enough to understand that our sponsors are kind enough to provide their servers for our use. Please follow all server rules. Excessive or flagrant abuse of any server rules may result in removal from the tournament.
-The same goes for respecting your opponent. Some trash talk is perfectly fine, but there is a line that shouldn't be crossed. If the TO receives enough complaints, your team may be removed or a member may be benched for the duration of the tournament.

-Draws do not count. If the match is at six wins apiece and a draw occurs, it's not a tied game; you have to replay it. A team can win six games, draw five times, and then win and have an end result of 7-0. Therefore, there is no point in drawing rounds other than to prevent losing - an issue dealt with seriously and heavily below.
-Backing this rule: stallling is unacceptable. Stalling for a draw once will be met with a warning. Any further offenses will result in a sportsmanship violation with all the accompanying consequences. Repeated offenses throughout the tournament will result in a disqualification of the offending team or a round (0,7-0,7) forfeiture. Because I cannot make it to every match, if there is stalling ongoing then you -must- have eyewitnesses and a solid case to make. Random hearsay is difficult to accept.

-The standard denars allotted to each side will be 1500 to start with and an additional 500 per round. Those of you who frequent Central POM, PRT Battle, or Balion War Room will be familiar with this.
-Negotiations about each match will be handled by the teams themselves. Below are listed our sponsors for the tournament who have been kind enough to let us use servers of varying speeds and locations.

-The standard time for each match is 6:00. Friendly fire is on to 100%, no reflective. Server settings will be checked and then set and then the teams may decide if they want one practice round or if they want to go live immediately.
-Substitutions will be allowed per every two rounds in the tournament. Each of these substitution periods allow an unlimited amount of team shifts. On top of that, one emergency one-person shift is given to each team to use.​

FINALS!
-That's right, folks! This tournament we'll actually have a final bracket. Depending on the turnout, we'll have either the top four or the top eight teams move on to a final bracket to slug it out for the right of being the ultimate K-BOOB team!
-Seed pairings will be done by placement in the initial tournament, so now you have some impetus to fight for those points and make it all the way!
-This was created from some observations on how I could bring more hype to the K-BOOB. Winning teams just might have an audience! Good luck, folks - these finals won't be passed by sleeping with your professor.​

Previous Tournament Thread: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,154586.msg3712651.html#msg3712651​

Sponsors
Knights of Pomerania - USA_East_POM (Fastest)
The Kingdom of Veluca - US_TKoV_Official (Fastest)
Kingdom of Avalon - US_KoA_Server (Medium/Faster/Fastest)
Balion Guard/Balion Mercenaries - Balion_War_Room (Medium)
Golden Kingdom - US_GK_Server (Medium)
Paladins of the Round Table - PRT_Battle (Medium)
Black Shields - BkS_Central (Fastest)
West Knights - wK_Server (Medium)

For the love of god, read all of the rules.
This thread is currently a work in progress; information and rules are subject to change. Please check it frequently for updates!

Teams & Free Agents

Free Agents
These players are looking for a team!
<Name>: <Preferred faction> - <Preferred class> - <Time zone>
Ex: TKC_Kitten: Vaegirs - Infantry - Eastern.
John_Rambo: Vaegirs/Nords/Rhodocks - Archer/Infantry - CST.
TKoV_optimal: Any - Any - PST.
GK_ZR_Zaffa_AC: Any - Infantry - EST.

Black Shields
Back to show who's the fattest of all!
Captain: BkS_Rhade
Players: Players: BkS_Vanidar, BkS_peers, BkS_Tyrian, BkS_Littleguy, BkS_Harn, BkS_Search, BkS_African, BkS_Bojangles, BkS_Fortinbras.
Time zone(s): Various - for scheduling conflicts, PM the TO!
Preferred server and speed: (None?) - Fastest.

Krummy's Mom is Hot
She still is!
Captain: GK_OAS_Taurnil
Players: DemonXero, Wolflo, DragonHelm, DomDeLuise, Calhoune, Spartan, Vendigr, Hero of Hiroshima, Stardust, Acks, Diehard.
Time zone(s): Various - for scheduling conflicts, PM the TO!
Preferred server and speed: US_GK_Server - Medium.

Kålrötterna
Certainly not yodeling yokels!
Captain: Blixn, Toolov
Players: Znullmund, Godnoken, Jaija, Hubbel, Klockis, Goldfingero, CaptainSweden, Henkanii, Shemaforash, Oliveran.
Time zone(s): (?) - As far as I can tell, EDT is six hours earlier than theirs so this may be difficult to work with!
Preferred server and speed: East Coast Servers - Medium.
Contact: Blixn's xfire (blixn), Steam (Blixn), PM (Blixn), or Mail/Messenger ([email protected]). Toolov's Steam (Olov666) or PM (Toolov).

The Knights of Awesomeness
Your mom's table is round! Wait, what?
Captain: Sir_John
Players: Sir_Braveheart, Sir_Godfrey, Sir_Froggyluv, Sir_EnragedStrawberryFarmer, Sir_Shakespeare, Sir_Visceral, Sir_Monster, Sir_Azrael, Sir_Aragorn, Sir_Earacorn, Sir_Dank.
Time zone(s): Various - contact the TO for scheduling difficulties!
Preferred server and speed: US_KoA_Server - Fastest/Medium.

ISRYOM
I'd so rape you on Medium!
Captain: Antigone_zerg
Players: spaz_zerg, Swift_zerg, Strango_zerg, SaltedSlug_zerg, AshTre_zerg, Blacktide, DeafeningFlood, Zero.
Time zone(s): EST and CST.
Preferred server and speed: Any - Fastest.
Contact: PM Antigone (ryizzel) or add him on Steam (ryizzel).

Four Feet of Hard Wood
Though, some spears are longer than others!
Captain: Wappaw_Aaronthebaron.
Players: Prophetess, Crouse, Mafioso, Smacktastic, Greenknight, THOR, Nails, Blade6119, Thistles, Godsknight, Daoctagohne.
Time zone(s): Various.
Preferred server and speed: Any - Fastest.

The Quarterbacks
Dealing your daily dose of qb, bro.
Captain: Rhuarc
Players: Kazzap, Xenak, Beer, Jesse, Azrooh, Glysandir, Gaunt, Relm, bgfan, SniperintheHole, Lucasaurus
Time zone(s): EST.
Preferred server and speed: PRT_Battle - Medium

Coy Boys
"I want it on the record I had no say in the name." -Coy
Captain: Judah
Players: WilySly, Tron, Duke_Kenneth, Oenomaus, Calamity, Wolfspawn, Sir Pink, BigBoss, Ragnola, Robertbruce, Gelden.
Preferred server and speed: wK_Server - Medium.

Friends of Shane
Second off the line, first in the end!
Captain: MadocComadrin
Players: Spartan, Taconator, Archangel, MoralShadow, Hisagi, Zaffa, KissMyAxe, RadrikanJanis, Phoenix, Leonidas.
Preferred server and speed: US_GK_Server - Medium.

Shakespeare's Silly Swordsmen!
Smacking Seriously Simpleminded Soldiers Since Sixteen-Sixteen!
Captain: Catholic (Lord_Montague)
Players: Rurin (TMW) - Friar Laurence, Suriell (DoF) - Romeo, BigBoss (LES) Lady Capulet, Captain lust (TMW) - Juliet, Kohath (TMW) - Friar John, Clockwise (TMW) - Balthazar, MacKain/Kain (TMW) - Rosaline, Soogie (?!??!) - Tybalt, MrNomNom (?!??!) - Mercutio, King John - Apothecary, Braveheart.
Preferred server and speed:TMW_NY_Server - Medium.
Contact: Contact Catholic on Steam (ArmyRaiders), Xfire (chaosraiders), or PM at Catholic!

No Catchy Name
Dead men don't need to know.
Captain: Mad_Dawg, Peasant
Players: Scott_Ray, Angus Burger, Ron Burgundy, Alekronos, Blak, Freebird, Paxman, FlamingMonkey, Akmar, Cheesewhiz.
Time zone(s): EST and CST.
Preferred server and speed: Balion_War_Room - Medium.

Round Pairings and Scoring
http://challonge.com/kboob

Match & Timing
Round 1: June 6th - June 13th.
Round 2: June 13th - June 20th.
Round 3: June 20th - June 27th.
Round 4: June 27th - July 4th.
Round 5: July 4th - July 11th.
Round 6: July 11th - July 18th.
Round 7: July 18th - July 25th.
Round 8: July 25th - August 1st.
Round 9: August 1st - August 8th.
Round 10: August 8th - August 15th.

Substitution Period Ends!
You may send in a list of requested substitutions at any time. For clarification; in the time between round one and the end of round two, substitution requests are accepted. At the end of round two all requested substitutions will be input. All teams have one emergency substitution that may be used at any time. This is intended for if, say, someone ends up in a car accident and you desperately need to get a last player.
Substitution Period End 1 = Round 2.
Substitution Period End 2 = Round 4.
Substitution Period End 3 = Round 6.
Substitution Period End 4 = Round 8.
Substitution Period End 5 = Round 10.

When the final knockout bracket is posted, teams will have approximately one week to change their roster for the final matches.

Blixn said:
May Europeans join? :O
I'd assume so although I assume you'd have to play on American servers like the Americans played on Euro servers in Lust's tourny.
I would also like to offer my sexual services to any of those interested in having them.

BlackTide said:
Blixn said:
I'd assume so although I guessed you'd have to play on American servers like the Americans played on Euro servers in Lust's tourny.
I would also like to offer my sexual services to any of those interested in having them.
I luf playing against Amercians on their high-ping-servers :3

We'll see what we can do about organizing some of the best East Coast servers in the business to accommodate European players. You're more than welcome to join!

Yay!
Since me being able to login tomorrow is questionable and I want to be the first one, can I sign up now?

Kitten, of course we all appreciate your time. However may I make a very great suggestion? It seemed to me (being in K TIT) that every time was always either sort of players, or people couldnt make it. In this new tournament it sounds like there are even more players per team. Its even hard for a full blown clan to get 12 people consistently. I think 3 man tournaments would be much better. Its always fun(er) to have more teams. Because we all know that a team of 7 -12 people is just too hard to get together. Also if a team only has three players, there is alot of pressure on the three guys to show up. I really think a 3-5 man team or something would be much better. I think K TIT sort of proved that. Thanks again - hero

Hero_of_Hiroshima_Returns said:
Kitten, of course we all appreciate your time. However may I make a very great suggestion? It seemed to me (being in K TIT) that every time was always either sort of players, or people couldnt make it. In this new tournament it sounds like there are even more players per team. Its even hard for a full blown clan to get 12 people consistently. I think 3 man tournaments would be much better. Its always fun(er) to have more teams. Because we all know that a team of 7 -12 people is just too hard to get together. Also if a team only has three players, there is alot of pressure on the three guys to show up. I really think a 3-5 man team or something would be much better. I think K TIT sort of proved that. Thanks again - hero
A greater team maximum but same team minimum = better chances of the minimum showing up. I think Kitt's got it right.

Go ahead, they'll just be uploaded on Monday as normal registration. Response to Hero's concerns in a moment.

BigBoss said:
Yay!
Since me being able to login tomorrow is questionable and I want to be the first one, can I sign up now?
Easy there BB, I got here before you.
BlackTide said:
Blixn said:
I'd assume so although I guessed you'd have to play on American servers like the Americans played on Euro servers in Lust's tourny.

Same team as the K-TIT.

Add Bojangles.

Name pending.

Last tournament's victory really does prove beyond all measure of doubt that Ganjan is, indeed, a ******. Since we prevailed and were undefeated, I feel that this statement must be ordained by the gods and I should never, in good faith, recieve any kind of warnings or moderator actions for saying this in the future. It is not a mean/hateful thing, it is simply a fact that I believe was proven beyond all doubt.

Kitten, if you could get to work on all the legality and validity issues behind this, that'd be great.

We're cooking up a new, exciting name for this year so our enemies can fear us even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom