OSP 3D Art [Kit] Dismemberment and Decapitation Mod Kit... WIP Version Released

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm just using it for personal reasons as-is. I feel like implementing it in MB native and chopping all the heads off. :grin:

It's amazing that literally everybody can be beheaded.  Lords and all - if you put the script in a mission template you can take the head off literally anyone who opposes you in the scene (though there is a very low chance of it happening, dependent on the strength of the blow and damage).  Obviously, lords will still be alive after the battle, but at least you'll know you decapitated them.  We should change some of the dialogues.

"You may have bested me in battle last time we met, Bearclaw, and, like, totally chopped my head off - but I can assure you that will not happen again!"

"I hear you decapitated Jarl Noyan.  That was a noble deed."  :lol:

Mmm, you could do that.  Might unbalance things, though.  NPCs can behead people too, but it'd nearly always be the player who did it - he could take out half the lords of kingdom once skilled and powerful enough.  Which would be cool, but would seriously weaken the faction.

And what if you killed one of your own lords during a duel or tournament?  Or killed Ragnar or Harlaus...?  :shock:

Just don't put the beheading script into tournaments or arena fights. Then the king would be the only problem. :wink:

this code is in FIMP, I think it is from script exchanger or sth like that, from the improved prisioner talk.
Code:
      (try_begin),
        # handle executing the King!
        (faction_slot_eq, "$g_talk_troop_faction", slot_faction_leader, "$g_talk_troop"),
        # find best candidate to become king
        (assign, ":best_troop", -1),
        (assign, ":best_renown", -1),
        (try_for_range, ":troop", 0, num_troops),#all troops
          (store_troop_faction, ":faction", ":troop"),
          (eq, ":faction", "$g_talk_troop_faction"),
          (troop_slot_eq, ":troop", slot_troop_occupation, slto_kingdom_hero),  #only other heros of this faction may become the king
          (troop_get_slot, ":renown", ":troop", slot_troop_renown),
          (gt, ":renown", ":best_renown"),
          (assign, ":best_troop", ":troop"),
          (assign, ":best_renown", ":renown"),
        (try_end),
        (try_begin),
          # check if a candidate was found
          (neq, ":best_troop", -1),
          # make them king
          (faction_set_slot, "$g_talk_troop_faction", slot_faction_leader, ":best_troop"),
          # announce it!
          #TODO: generate a presentation for this! (start_presentation, "prsnt_enemy_succession"),
		  (str_store_faction_name, s2, "$g_talk_troop_faction"),
		  (try_begin),
			(neq,":best_troop", "$g_talk_troop"),
			(str_store_troop_name, s3, ":best_troop"),
			(display_message, "@{s1} is too young to take {s0}'s place as king of the {s2} and now {s3} is the new King of the {s2}!!!", 0xFFFF2222),
		  (else_try),
			(display_message, "@{s1} has taken over his father's place, and is now the new king of the {s2}!!!", 0xFFFF2222),
		  (try_end),
		  (try_begin),#if it is not at war, or feasting, make a feast.
			(neg|faction_slot_ge, "$g_talk_troop_faction", slot_faction_state, sfai_attacking_center),
			(faction_set_slot, "$g_talk_troop_faction", slot_faction_state, sfai_feast),
		  (try_end),
          #TODO: update the game log for this event
        (else_try),
          # all of the lords have been eliminated - so eliminate the faction by making their last fief neutral (q.v. trigger: # Check if a faction is defeated every day)
          (assign, ":fief_faction", "fac_no_faction"),
        (try_end),
      (try_end),
      # free up the deceased's fief
      (try_for_range, ":fief", centers_begin, centers_end),
        (party_get_slot, ":lord", ":fief", slot_town_lord),
        (eq, ":lord", "$g_talk_troop"),
        (call_script, "script_give_center_to_faction", ":fief", ":fief_faction"),
      (try_end),

Ikaguia said:
this code is in FIMP, I think it is from script exchanger or sth like that, from the improved prisioner talk.

(code)

Interesting. For the campaign, as said earlier by Flanged, we would have to either do something like that script you posted does (execution basically) or make our script not apply to lords/kings/other important characters. I think execution/death could be an interesting twist; since cutting off limbs on a heavily armoured foe will be hard and might therefore make up for it. Question is what happens to the player... And companions?

Thanks anyway! :smile:

(str_store_troop_name, s1, ":troop"),
(troop_get_slot, reg1, ":troop", slot_troop_age),
(val_add, reg1, 1),
(troop_set_name, ":troop", "@{s1} {reg1}"),
(troop_set_slot, ":troop", slot_troop_age, reg1),
(troop_set_age, ":troop", 0),
Either that or headless zombie mode with mission camera set to red?

Another possibility (actually, this is a random idea). Once full body decaps are ready, maybe you (Ikaguia) can help me write a script for lords and kings to duel to the death. :wink:

Then, first person who gets a limb cut off dies. :lol:

anyone got a decapitation mod i can use in my native?.. it would make killing so much more fun.

would be also awesome if when u swing ur sword, it hits everything that it touches lol ( assuming it doesn't get blocced (

Devil Keyz said:
anyone got a decapitation mod i can use in my native?.. it would make killing so much more fun.

would be also awesome if when u swing ur sword, it hits everything that it touches lol ( assuming it doesn't get blocced (
Download the mod kit and extract everything into your Native folder (remember to make a backup) and you can try decaps out in Custom Battles. We haven't included it into the full SP campaign yet, due to the before-mentioned problems.

Good job.

I don't know if it has already been posted here, but it seems that in the new version of Vikingr, the severed head keeps it helmet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-86YE_EbA4Y&feature=related

Al_Mansur said:
Good job.

I don't know if it has already been posted here, but it seems that in the new version of Vikingr, the severed head keeps it helmet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-86YE_EbA4Y&feature=related
Indeed it does. I did that. :p

It's 90% the same decapitation script as you can see in this pack, minus the head physics (because that's not supported in MP). But I kept the portion of the script for spawning the head inside the helmet in there - it's just commented out.

can anyone help me add it? i don't want to extract everything cause i know i already changed some of the files ( like the module.ini ) so i don't wanna ruin everything again

I like this, and I want it in Retrospect :razz:

Would it be possible to make the troop drop his shield/sword if his shield/sword hand is cut off?

Cez Ser Ykoe said:
I like this, and I want it in Retrospect :razz:

Would it be possible to make the troop drop his shield/sword if his shield/sword hand is cut off?
That's the plan for the finished version. :smile:

Hi, I have a problem, I can't see what is into the module_particle_system.py file, i can't edit it with IDLE so i can't read what it has inside. Can anyone help me please?
Great job

Back
Top Bottom