MP Native Kingdoms [Persistent Kingdoms Successor]

Users who are viewing this thread

Apparently voice chat is on the making so proximity voice chat doesnt sound like impossible now, I'm really eager to play this!

I used to play Persistent Worlds I'd say around 6 odd years ago, I don't remember exactly how to play, I just remember having a grand experience on it. I don't recall ever doing anything else outside of cutting trees or something like that, mundane stuff. Though, I'm definitely going to have to take a closer look at Persistent Kingdoms, either way, I'm really looking forward to seeing what you & your team can bring to Bannerlord, I can't wait.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the support.

There are sadly still no news from our team as we are still wistfully waiting for the Modding Tools and Custom Servers. I'm currently thinking about creating a more detailed and concrete project plan and actually publishing it to the public so you can already get a rough idea of things that are planned. This might also give the opportunity to weave in your feedback on specific topics before they are implemented.

Thanks for the support.

There are sadly still no news from our team as we are still wistfully waiting for the Modding Tools and Custom Servers. I'm currently thinking about creating a more detailed and concrete project plan and actually publishing it to the public so you can already get a rough idea of things that are planned. This might also give the opportunity to weave in your feedback on specific topics before they are implemented.
That sounds great

What does the release of the modding tools beta mean for this mod? Anything?
Well ye, I guess we can say "50%" done bevor we can start with the Mod. We are already checking out the scene/map Tools of the modding Kit. However we are still Missing the Feature to Host private/custom servers. Let's Hope they get Release within a reasonable timeframe

Well ye, I guess we can say "50%" done bevor we can start with the Mod. We are already checking out the scene/map Tools of the modding Kit. However we are still Missing the Feature to Host private/custom servers. Let's Hope they get Release within a reasonable timeframe
So you saying that we have to pressure the *** out of TW to get u servers ? xd

I have been speaking with other prominent members of the NA PW community; we have compiled a list of demands suggestions for the module. Not all of them are mine, and I don't even like some of them, but they are certainly something to think about. This list isn't complete and we will be having other clan leaders add to it. Anyway, anyone may feel free to look at it and make comments on it below.

I will now put in my personal suggestions that I came up with (Nikkle helped me with the second), which are also on the above document.

Currently in PW/PK, land is more or less only important to your castle’s defensiveness, armoury, and to a lesser extent, amenities. It’s our goal to change that in the following ways:
1. A capture point system should be introduced. These can consist of any type of territory, such as an outlying village, a farm, bank, mine, etc. These serve as spawns, and could be captured by enemies and some villages could be repurposed for a siege camp. Also, embargoes could be laid down on certain factions, so any territory under a faction will not allow the embargoed faction to buy or sell anything there. Also, as an incentive to protect these points, a small bonus to money or resources could be granted to the faction, like in Company of Heroes.
2. It would be interesting to implement a Trade Resource system. Unlike Iron, these are strategically useless, but like gold are sold at massive profits. This is more a mapper proposal, but they should only be available at certain points on the map, and only available to be sold at certain points of the map, thus increasing the reason to control other areas, and give a reason to embargo an enemy faction attempting to sell their resource within your land.

Cavalry should be reworked to the point where not everybody is using a charger. There should be three distinct cavalry classes:
  1. Rider: Rider is able to access light horses like Coursers/Hunters, is relatively cheap to train (5000 in PW money).
  2. Man-At-Arms accesses the equivalent of War Horses, and is decently expensive to train (50,000 in PW money). War Horses should be around 30,000-60,000 depending on map and location (varying the price drastically across the map could also help with point I).
  3. Knight accesses the equivalent of Chargers, and is massively expensive to train (100,000 in PW money). Chargers should cost around 100,000 - 200,000 and be buffed significantly, so that it is a big deal to see a charger on the battlefield and a devastating loss if one is killed.
If you wanted to add another aspect to this, you could add a Pikeman class which is relatively bad at all skills aside from using a polearm, and is possibly the only class to be able to use polearms. This way, a clan/group would have to gauge whether they want to spare men for the pikeman class, having to guess how much heavy cavalry an enemy may have.

There was a system on Celestial_NA which scripted a way to be able to make greater profits from smithing. Every 10 items you made would grant you a small amount of gold (1000 or so I think), and every time you make something you got experience, a certain amount of experience would level you up, giving you a lump sum of gold. Each level increased the amount of experience you needed to get to the next level, as well as the amount of gold you gained.

Anyone can feel free to comment, PM or steam me if you have any questions or would like to follow up on this list.

One last thing. If there is VoIP, please allow to disable it. I do not want to hear 50 screaming autists as I enter an enemy castle.

Last edited:
Wow, pretty insane suggestions, we appreciate the effort and time you guys have put in there. If you join our discord, you can directly and officially add your suggestions to our suggestion repository on github. Or in case you have your own github account you can go here https://github.com/OutlawByteStudios/KingdomsDiscordBot/issues and add a new issue as suggestion.

I'll quickly go over the points and give my two cents, regardless of that you are welcome to add your suggestions to the suggestion repository.

1. Making Land Valuable
1.1 We plan to do something similar but instead of focusing on land/territory it's more about expanding/building in your castle. But it's a good suggestion and can go along our own plans
1.2 This might also be interessting. In general we wanna improve and expand anything related to trading and economy in general. Focus here is mainly on improving first and then adding new stuff later, but we don't wanna stray too much from the original here, it's not supposed to be a economy strict simulation

2. Cavalry Rework
That's more of a refinement and tweaking thing, not really anything that we need to develop. Relations between prices, classes and which horses they can use is more of a mapper / settings thing.

3. Smithing Reworks
Crafting is in general a topic that we want to improve quite a lot, especially under the aspect that we want to increase the gameplay diversity and replay value of civillian classes. However, a good crafting system requires lot's of thought and it can quickly ruin the whole mod if it does not fit in with the rest. So ye, you can expect some major reworks here

4. Bank Rework
Ye we thought about something similar as well and there is already a similar suggestion https://github.com/OutlawByteStudios/KingdomsDiscordBot/issues/19.
Our own idea was that we just let each faction have one bank on their own, like in their main castle. There they can control tax, fees, interest etc. for members of their faction that use this one bank. Other banks are not affected by this.

5. Skill System
We already had some discussions about it. We might try an intermediate system, where you still have the basic PW classes that you can train, but you can select a few stats within that class that can be leveled up to a certain extend. So you might chose a doctor while you select riding as your trainable skill. This means you have the doctor class but your riding might increase so you can ride a charger at some point.
Something along those lines, these are changes that are rather simple to implement but need quite some testing to get them right and fun to play.

6. Inventory System
We will bring back carts etc. and character inventory is something we are going to look into. But there is not going to be an RPG like inventory system where you can carry 100 swords and 300 armors on you. It's going to stay pretty simple as it was in warband

7. Hostile Mode
interesting idea. We are going to put in some features that make these classic PW mechanics appear smoother.

VoIP is not planned so far.

Back
Top Bottom