MP Native Kingdoms [Persistent Kingdoms Successor]

Users who are viewing this thread

people can collect wood and iron and build simple houses to specific places. and add fire to the game. In some places, fires and people are damaged in fires. If there are wooden objects (doors, wood, straw) in the environment, they will be burned and damaged. but be repairable.
fires are bad for frames

I never played PK on warband (wich I regret quite a lot now that I know about it) but I have a suggestion if that is possible.
->Proximity voicechat

Mount and blade really does not have a community that can be trusted with proximity voice chat, and i'm not even sure they would be able to implement such feature anyway.

Mount and blade really does not have a community that can be trusted with proximity voice chat, and i'm not even sure they would be able to implement such feature anyway.
Yeah, Unfortunately Warband PW had some pretty toxic people, This is problem number one. Not everyone was so deplorable though.

I have little doubt that proximity voice CAN be implemented. I tend to worry about it for another reason, though. I really enjoy the roleplaying aspect of the mod and tend to play more non-combatants than fighters but my RP characters could be anybody in text chat. I could be any gender, age, nationality, temperment etc. that I wanted to be. I'm a top notch RPer and writer of some back stories etc. but I do not have a talent for voice acting. If I had to use voice I kinda feel like i would lose the ability to properly play those other characters. Everyone will just be their own lame-o, boring selves with their squeaker/monotone voices etc.

The catapult, ballista and launcher that can be used by only one unit in the game are added to the game. get separately in the siege and defense areas. And let the game's maps, castles, villages grow as much as possible

Are you guys planning to link the mod with an outsourcing website to store the players datas? Making like a MP user account for each player.
This could be used for ingame ressources management (gold, exp, items) etc...

Or just in game ?

We'll probably provide a lot of interface code for these mechnisms. So then you can implement these interfaces with your own implementation, compile it into a dll and plug it in on the server side. So you can save into a .txt file, into a database or run api call against a web api that intercepts between client and database, what ever you like.
By default I guess we will provide some sort of saving, might be just a local flat file database. Even with that you can write your own service around it to manage ingame resources.

Persistent world has never been about roleplay, though it lacked some elements of it.

Bridge mentioned they would look into making it for both RP and non-RP players which is what it all should be about. Instead of pushing it for only a cringe roleplay community or push it for the non roleplay community.

Both can be satisfied.

Yeah, Unfortunately Warband PW had some pretty toxic people, This is problem number one. Not everyone was so deplorable though.

I have little doubt that proximity voice CAN be implemented. I tend to worry about it for another reason, though. I really enjoy the roleplaying aspect of the mod and tend to play more non-combatants than fighters but my RP characters could be anybody in text chat. I could be any gender, age, nationality, temperment etc. that I wanted to be. I'm a top notch RPer and writer of some back stories etc. but I do not have a talent for voice acting. If I had to use voice I kinda feel like i would lose the ability to properly play those other characters. Everyone will just be their own lame-o, boring selves with their squeaker/monotone voices etc.
This!
I am very much into roleplay, but find myself really confused and lost and little bit shy when I have to voice-chat. Plus my english is much, much, much better when written and read then when I listen and talk. And I guess most non-native speakers are like that. Voice chat will just make things harder for me.

That being said, it's up to modders of this mod of course. If they want voice-chat to be there, who am I to suggest otherwise. Just speaking of my own experience.

You can use any idea I won't sue you. :razz:

MMORPG IDEA
RP Focus
Medieval
Realistic
Directional Combat
Stepping In
After you create your character, you spawn onto an small island.(instanced, single player)
Some basics will be shown here.
After, you get on a ship to go to the main continent.
On the way to continent, the ship sinks and you end up waking up on a beach. (Random spot on the continent)
Welcome to the online world!
Lone Wolf
Here comes the survival mechanics. Not really frustrating for the player but still a thing. Hunger, thirst and shelter.
After you fulfill these needs, you don’t need them for hours. So basically, it will be an aspect of the game but will not be the thing on focus.
Crafting will be very limited with the things related to personal survival in the beginning.
So, you stay as a lone wolf until you find civilization.

Civilization
To found a settlement, at least two people are needed and they desperately need other people to join.
One becomes its lord and the other chooses a title. (Randomly if they don’t agree.) There are also some other titles in a settlement which will be mentioned later.
So, having more population in a settlement will increase the productivity multiplier in the city. So, newcomers/neutrals will most likely welcomed in cities.
The main problem here is people unnecessarily killing people but the civilization system will force players not to do so.
The game will encourage players to live together.
Crime and Punishment
Of course, there will be people who break the “rules”.
When people die, they drop all the money on them (not the money deposited in their houses), and a random piece of armor or weapon. So if it is not a wartime or you are not a soldier/noble; it would be best to go out unarmed and broke.
Killing neutrals - > This will be rare because both the faction and the individual get huge benefits living together.
Same faction killing - > NPC guards punish the killer and kills them back. So you shouldn’t respond to be innocent. Lord can sieze %20 of the deposited money as a punishment or can banish them from the faction.
Different faction killing - > This could be a casus belli.
Of course there will be people living in the mountains, banished from cities. They are bandits.
Productivity Formula
So if you collect wood without being a part of a civilization, (trees respawn after a while), you get 10.
The formula for productivity is f(pop)=1+pop/50.
If you collect wood in a civilization, you bring your wood to a carpenter and lets say you live in a city that has 100 population, the amount will be 30. (1+100/50=3) Carpenter will take up to %25 according to his skill or you’ll pay them in currency(Whatever he agrees if he’s not a NPC)
Exploration
This is another way to keep people together.
There is no map.
Every individual explores the map, but cumulatively it becomes known for that faction.
If somebody leaves the faction or get banished, they lose all the map data.
You always have a compass on screen.
Jobs in Cities
Players can gather materials, build and craft in a city.
Players can gather : wood, stone, iron, gold, herbs and food.
Players can work as builders to get paid or it could be mandatory. (Lord’s decision)
Players can craft : Survival materials(a few), weapons and armor. (Carpenter/Smith)
City Management
Lord (Founder of Settlement): max (healthx10), can get taxes from the people in the city.
Minister of War (healthx5) – create crafting tasks for the army’s needs stored in the armory. (Not everyone is full gear), also he is the leader of the army when lord is not present.
Master of coin chosen by Lord,(healthx3) can coin money(from iron or gold(rare)). The new coin is for personal usage or for a state task as building/mining /gathering/crafting tasks that can be created by lord or master of coin. He can also create melting other coins tasks for players.
Minister of Trade and Exploration (healthx3) – can create NPC caravans and lead them to other cities. He can ask for real soldiers to come with him for expeditions. Cities can exchange the resources that they have the most and can sell items to each other.
PermaDeath (Title Loss)
Only for the people in charge in a city. They do not perma die actually, they lose their titles.
They can ban weapon wielding in certain areas of a city and create some NPC guards or be a good lord and get protected by his own people and army.
So yes, there can be revolts.
After title loss, a random player from the faction gets their place.
Game requires phone number activation to prevent afk productivity benefit. If you do not login for a month you perma-die.
NPCs
Governor – A npc just showing the city’s stats. Like population, productivity multiplier, how much is the tax, how much currency was created here, who is the current temp. lord etc.
Guards – Hired by the lord, they protect the elite.
Architect –building tasks created by lord or master of coin for players. (Quest giver)
Master Miner – mining tasks created by lord or master of coin for players. (Quest giver)
Master Gatherer – gathering tasks created by lord or master of coin for players. (Quest giver)
Miller – food tasks created by lord or master of coin for players. (Quest giver)
Horse Seller & Caregiver
Healer
Slave Trader – A NPC selling slave NPCs

Survival Buildings and Crafts
Buildings : A shelter

Crafts: A flask, A hoe, A pickaxe (to gather gold, iron and stone), A simple axe, A simple bow, A simple spear, A chest.

These are common tools for extracting materials and for surviving in the wilderness.
Buildings in a settlement
After two people come together and decides to found a settlement, these buildings can be built. These buildings are upgradeable. For instance, Lords Hall starts as a tent and ends up being a big castle.
Lords Hall (Castle) (NPC guards can be hired)
Mint – for coinage
City Hall – contains all other npcs
Trade Center (A NPC running this facility. It is local marketplace for players to sell and buy everything.) Here are also booths for players to sell what they want when they are afk.
Armory – where lords keep extra items and treasury.
Stables – Horse Seller NPC runs it.
Healer’s
Carpenter and Smith (Both private and NPC ones)
Stockpile – for city’s resources
Farms
Houses
Walls
Private Institutions
Carpenter : You can open up a shop in a city. You’ll get a commission of gathered wood (up to %25) or get paid with city’s currency. Lords can build a NPC one but his commission is %30. You can sell your wood to new buildings or you can craft shields or bows. After you become a carpenter you cannot get productivity multiplier from wood.
Smith : You can open up a shop in a city. You’ll get a commission of gathered iron (up to %25) or get paid with city’s currency. Lords can build a NPC one but his commission is %30. You can sell your iron to master of coin to coin iron coins or you can craft weapons and armor. After you become a smith you cannot get productivity multiplier from iron.
Monetary System & Task System
All the money are created by players.
Every settlement’s coin can be named differently. To gain monetary power, lords can melt the other currencies in their mint and re-coin them.
Quests are given by players. (The elite in particular)
If lord needs wood, he opens up a gathering wood task and players who bring wood into stockpile get paid for a particular time.
If lord needs something to be build, he opens up a building task and players who participate the construction get paid aswell.
Weapons and Armor
All weapons and armor are crafted by players.
Weapons Armors
Sword (1H/2H) Tunic
Spear/Lance Leather
Poleaxe/Axe Mail
Hammer/Pick/Mace Plate
Shield Luxury Clothing
Mount Mount Armor
Bow/Longbow
Only the basic weaponry, a simple bow & a simple spear are craftable in the beginning. All the other is available only if you become a carpenter or a smith. After becoming a carpenter, you can’t get bonus wood. After becoming a smith, you can’t get bonus iron from the productivity multiplier.
All weapons can be named differently but categorized from 1 to 10. A simple spear and bow are of course level 1 weapons.
More you craft, more possibility you can create a rare item.
Quality : Bad 1 2 3, Regular 4 5 6, Good 7 8 9 and Epic 10.
Even if you are a good craftsman, it is still very low possibility that your craft turns out to be epic; so it is really hard to obtain. You may still create bad ones even if you are good at crafting.
Cities (An Idea to make the development easy)
Cities could be the same. The only visual difference could be the levels of the buildings or if the building that is supposed to be there, not yet built, then there is an empty slot for that.
That blueprint could contain three circles. Only one circle is enough for low level cities, as the city expands, there could be second and third ring creating some new slots for buildings that need to be built.
Nobles Being Not Online
Each noble can select up to 5 players in priority order. So if the lord is not online, the first becomes the lord(temporarily), if he is not then the second one. A person can be a lord and a master of coin at the same time with this. If the lord comes back online. Then he becomes the lord again. These information and the temporary titles are written in the stats when player speaks to the governor NPC.
Sieges and Wars
Open world field battles are always a thing. Leaving a piece of random equipment as a loot and money if you are carrying.
Sieges are declared when two factions are at war. Normally the buildings in a city are unattackable. When they declare a siege, it becomes vulnerable after 24 hours and it lasts only for half an hour. Defending lord gets to delay it for more 12 hours if it comes across to midnight. If they manage to capture the keep(Lords Hall), they get %20 of all money deposited in the city and of course it is not withdrawable in the meantime. Some buildings randomly loses levels too.
Slavery
After a while, players can buy npcs to do the jobs they don’t want to.
These “slaves” are very expensive to buy.

Back
Top Bottom