MP Native Kingdoms [Persistent Kingdoms Successor]

Users who are viewing this thread

I approve the name change to Kingdoms.

Anyways, will it be possible to code which factions can deal damage to each other? For example many PK servers used to have a ruleset where you are not allowed to attack other players unless some conditions were met, could this be programmed into the mod?
It was highly annoying to post screenshots of other players breaking the rules.

Anyways, will it be possible to code which factions can deal damage to each other? For example many PK servers used to have a ruleset where you are not allowed to attack other players unless some conditions were met, could this be programmed into the mod?

Yeah man you should get to be invincible unless "HALT [your name]" has been entered into the chat 3 times recently

Why not keep the name Persistent Kingdoms? Also I assume this will only be released after community servers?
We explained why we don't want to keep the name in the OP. Unless we manage to work some magic out, that's correct yes. It also depends on TaleWorlds. During the beta certain DLL files have already been available within the game that enabled for hosting of custom games but that has been removed.
Anyways, will it be possible to code which factions can deal damage to each other? For example, many PK servers used to have a ruleset where you are not allowed to attack other players unless some conditions were met, could this be programmed into the mod?
I highly doubt we'll be implementing any sort of damage prevention in the lines of what you suggested. It can probably be programmed but it's simply not feasible in a way that doesn't hinder gameplay.

I'll respond to Proton tomorrow. I would also like to take this opportunity to remind you all that this forum has a much stricter ruleset when compared to the one you're used to from PW/PK forums. I seriously recommend following it and just participate in the discussion about the mod in a civil manner.

Last edited:

As William said, this feature will most certainly not be implemented within the bounds of the mod. However, since now it's possible to load multiple mods, you should be able to code that yourself/let someone do it and then load it server-side parallel to Kingdoms. Still a bit too early to determin if that will work out as intended, but that might be your alternative.

Please, do anything you want with the mod, but for the love of God and Jesus holy son of blessed Maria.

Dont. Make. The. Admin. Sword. A. Tonfa. Or. An. Invisible. Sword.

The community dont know it yet, but everyone want that admin sword to be the 'Dragonslayer' from Berserk

actually true btw

Is there any info regarding the possibility of having siege engines/weapons on the persistent map? Would be great to build battering rams and catapaults and roll up on an enemy castle with them.

Is there any info regarding the possibility of having siege engines/weapons on the persistent map? Would be great to build battering rams and catapaults and roll up on an enemy castle with them.
Well, pretty early to promise special stuff like that, however in theory it should be possible. We more or less build upon the Native Module as a foundation which has exactly this feature within the siege gamemode. In any case, it's planned to offer a more in-depth siege experience than just building ladders or breaking gates as it was in PK.

I suppose they will not release anything modding related within the early access phase, seems as if they still have a ton to do for their actual product that they sell in regards to the campaign and overall content. Maybe we get a nice surprise, who knows

Please don't skimp on the RP features for the mod. We will now supposedly have the potential for far greater distances between areas on the map. I think of the need to get a cart and horses as well as having to hire guards when going to the mines/ trading between town etc. Sure that existed in Warband PW but now the castles won't all be within sight distance of each other and those bandits will have much more opportunity to hide and ambush you along the way. Travelling through the countryside will be much more of experience.

I did a bit of scene editing work later in the PW days and loved it, I can't wait to get into the scene editing tools for Bannerlord. I loved to make detailed scenes but would always run into prop limit restrictions and scene size limitations making the map seem so small and transitions between "regions" be very jarring. Now I hope we will have much more freedom there. Taleworlds have thrown out some very large numbers for scene sizes and large numbers for concurrent users etc. Again, going back to my first paragraph, I really am looking forward to vast countrysides/ deserts/ forests/ following rivers for miles/ lands dotted with small villages and old ruins.

We will also have access to many more character models (women, children, animals) and many more props and animations as well as having access to more tavern games and other diversions. Combat, faction wars and the threat of danger are essential in Kingdoms but I sometimes tend to enjoy more and have better memories of the non-combat moments and the times of immersive role play.

On another note, I think I would prefer a scene where all the factions and lore are based on Bannerlord SP lore. Meaning, have the factions on the map actually be "Battania", "Sturgia" etc. but it would also be nice to have the minor factions represented as well. So you could join the "Wolfskins", "Hidden hand" or the "Karakhuzaits". Each faction would have access to the same gear and classes that exist in the SP lore. Much of this would depend on the scene and what the scener chooses to include or where it's located in Calradia.

I could go on and on about this stuff but I'll end it here for now. So these are all just suggestions, anecdotes and ramblings trying to start some discussions, not demands on the mod devs.

Please don't skimp on the RP features for the mod. We will now supposedly have the potential for far greater distances between areas on the map. I think of the need to get a cart and horses as well as having to hire guards when going to the mines/ trading between town etc. Sure that existed in Warband PW but now the castles won't all be within sight distance of each other and those bandits will have much more opportunity to hide and ambush you along the way. Travelling through the countryside will be much more of experience.

I did a bit of scene editing work later in the PW days and loved it, I can't wait to get into the scene editing tools for Bannerlord. I loved to make detailed scenes but would always run into prop limit restrictions and scene size limitations making the map seem so small and transitions between "regions" be very jarring. Now I hope we will have much more freedom there. Taleworlds have thrown out some very large numbers for scene sizes and large numbers for concurrent users etc. Again, going back to my first paragraph, I really am looking forward to vast countrysides/ deserts/ forests/ following rivers for miles/ lands dotted with small villages and old ruins.

We will also have access to many more character models (women, children, animals) and many more props and animations as well as having access to more tavern games and other diversions. Combat, faction wars and the threat of danger are essential in Kingdoms but I sometimes tend to enjoy more and have better memories of the non-combat moments and the times of immersive role play.

On another note, I think I would prefer a scene where all the factions and lore are based on Bannerlord SP lore. Meaning, have the factions on the map actually be "Battania", "Sturgia" etc. but it would also be nice to have the minor factions represented as well. So you could join the "Wolfskins", "Hidden hand" or the "Karakhuzaits". Each faction would have access to the same gear and classes that exist in the SP lore. Much of this would depend on the scene and what the scener chooses to include or where it's located in Calradia.

I could go on and on about this stuff but I'll end it here for now. So these are all just suggestions, anecdotes and ramblings trying to start some discussions, not demands on the mod devs.

Nice post.
I see a lot of potential for this mod.

Really enjoyed taxing peasants and hunting bandits as a manhunter in the warband mod.

ye nice post. Well, we plan on creating a more involving gameplay experience. I wouldn't say it's a strict RP direction as is, rather many gameplay elements that players can use, but don't have to, and that is imo really the core of PW style mods. If you want a more fast combat style gameplay with lot of wars between factions, go for it. If you wanna dive into a more atmospheric experience such as RP, you can do that as well. The gameplay "style" will more or less be determined by the server rules and scripts, as well as the map.
Talking about maps/scenes: Surely scenes in Bannerlord will have more detail, but you will probably still not be able to cramp in as much stuff as in singleplayer or as on small maps in mp. Bannerlord is way more demanding on your system than Warband, bigger map sizes will not make that better. We still don't know how much optimization we can do within a mod at the moment.

I really enjoy your enthusiasm, hope you keep that up and we'll later see some great maps from you, but please don't be disappointed if you won't be able to create big maps with a super detailed and lush environment as you've imagined. We will see how it goes once we can finally start modding for multiplayer and when the modding tools are released. :party:

In current PW/PK a lot of RP stuff is supported via server-side scripts, which is why two completely different communities with two completely different play styles can operate on the same module. Whilst we kept PK very basic and to its roots, i.e. not supporting RP stuff directly, we have done a lot of work to provide RP scripters with built-in mechanics that make it easier for them to script, e.g. the script chat. In addition to this, we added a lot of assets for RP servers to use, which you're unlikely to find on regular PK servers.

Whilst I do not think we've decided how the management of servers is going to be done, i.e. internally within our dev team or opening it up to others to host, supporting the ability for others to improve mod content by server-side scripts alone is something we should consider as it will be beneficial in the long term.

Hello there. First of all, I would like to thank the producers for developing the PK module. It will be really nice if it is made for PK mount and blade 2 bannerlord. And I will have some suggestions for this. Add solstice to the game. It was a bad situation that there was no solstice in .mbw. I will have no doubt that you will set the best of the solstice. And bring some different professions to the game. many different professions. Animals such as deer, which do not exist in warband, are now available in bannerlord. you can add a hunting profession, for example. even the seasons can be very beautiful. you can work on it. For example, with the turn of the day, after 15 days, there may be a transition to a different season. You can add many innovations like this. I am sure that the PK producers have thought of them. I hope it will be a much better game than your dreams.???❤❤

people can collect wood and iron and build simple houses to specific places. and add fire to the game. In some places, fires and people are damaged in fires. If there are wooden objects (doors, wood, straw) in the environment, they will be burned and damaged. but be repairable.

Back
Top Bottom