SP Fantasy Kingdoms of Arda (Lord of the Rings for Bannerlord)

Banok

Knight
WBNWM&BVC
Best answers
Those 3d armour/weapons models look fantastic.

my only nitpick is the boots shouldnt have heels  :razz:

Antonis

Marquis
WBWF&SVCNW
Best answers
Banok said:
And that can be questioned, too. I mean, heels on boots were a pretty old thing in real life. Iirc, the Bactrian or Persian cavalry in antiquity had those, maybe even someone before them, too. Plus, since the LotR is "medieval" fantasy, we can't really say that boots don't have heels, right?  :razz:

Banok

Knight
WBNWM&BVC
Best answers
Antonis said:
Banok said:
And that can be questioned, too. I mean, heels on boots were a pretty old thing in real life. Iirc, the Bactrian or Persian cavalry in antiquity had those, maybe even someone before them, too. Plus, since the LotR is "medieval" fantasy, we can't really say that boots don't have heels, right?  :razz:
Yeah its a silly thing to object to for sure in a fantasy game, when there are much more flagrant unrealisms. but it just looks really modern to my eyes, like I could buy what that rhun soldiers wearing on my highstreet today. Whereas I wish I could buy cool medieval shoes I see in other mods on the high street  :lol:

John_M

Master Knight
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
Well we are not so keen on changing smaller details on the designs, perhaps stuff to keep in mind for more original designs. :smile:

John_M

Master Knight
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
The Bowman said:
Ah, I see. The price of using a movie for inspiration.
I don't think the elements from the movie are the main problem. When Warner Bros C&D'd merp, they didn't focus on stuff specifically from the movies. The project being LotR was enough. Though of course the stakes are risen when it is linked to an expensive movie franchise.

elcapo29 said:
The Bowman said:
Ah, I see. The price of using a movie for inspiration.
Yes but donating to the cause will still be an option I imagine.
Not likely.

John_M

Master Knight
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
We have been using the same resolutions as Bannerlord and smaller poly counts, we should have similar performance to the base game.

elcapo29

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
@John_M Seeing those axes makes me wonder. What do you have planned for gore? Will you be able to behead orcs etc? I've never been too bloodthirsty with video games, but I was curious to what level you were thinking of going with koa?

John_M

Master Knight
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
Honestly theres nothing beyond native gore planned. Cutting off limbs doesn't check my cool or realism boxes, so I wont be a big advocate for it.

Ster

Veteran
Best answers
@elcapo29
The great part about module-based modding is that you can easily use multiple mods together. I'm sure that there will be a mod involving dismemberment at some point. You may be able to use this mod alongside Kingdoms of Arda to provide you with that type of experience.