Kingdom Diplomacy AI Makes Me Cry Tears of Blood and Ragequit

Users who are viewing this thread

yep and i got one extra battle then back to peace....*sight* i might as well join the Khuz or Battania right now lol

The game is so retarded right now. I am playing Sturgians and the entire game revolves around me spending every single second as efficiently as possible to capture lords. If I didn't do this we would start losing cities after already losing all castles. We are at war with Battania, I go out to capture as many lords as possible so our Kingdom might capture a castle. As soon as the war shifts even the tiniest bit in our direction, Vlandia declares war on us. Now I either have enough influence to propose peace with Battania or I'll have to fight even more just to make good on influence. Then I peace out Battania and the same process repeats with Vlandia. They come at us with huge armies, elite troops while no Sturgian lord could recover, so everything depends on me again. As soon as the war starts turning in our favor Battania declares war again and I have to peace out Vlandia reducing my influence to 0 again in the process, despite doing nothing but defeating big stacks all the time while all other vassals have their thumps up their asses. Any moment of potential peace for gathering even a little bit of strength is stolen by the Northern Empire and there you have it. The perfect eternal downward spiral of despair.

Yeah I dig, but I'm just tired of the tedium. I'm about to hit my third ragequit after just a couple days back playing the game and am ready to go back to a couple months of not playing.

I haven't looked deeply at the latest patchnotes, but I'm still salty about how the devs spent like half their first few rounds of patches screwing SP players with ridiculous nerfs like halving autobattle XP instead of fixing personality traits (which are STILL bugged).

And I'm murderously angry that, for instance, the leadership perk got "upgraded" to 3xp/unit instead of 30xp/stack... that's NOT an improvement! It should not take more than 9 weeks to train a recruit to Tier 2 (US Army boot camp duration)... with that perk, it takes NINETY-THREE WEEKS.

IMO we have three options:
  • Set up camp, and while encamped you get passive xp based on character skills (yours and party members);
  • Add fixed training camps around the map, the player would pay a daily wage in exchange for getting passive xp;
  • Garrison troops at camps and pay a tax to have them trained.
You can already get passive XP by garrisoning troops at your castles, there was even a bug that allowed you to upgrade bandits without the disciplinarian perk.

Marching around the map getting passive xp ticks doesn't make any sense to me. How are your troops becoming better soldiers by walking around all day and night?

According to this book, training a roman recruit could take up to 6 months before said recruit would be sent to a legion.

According to this book, training a roman recruit could take up to 6 months before said recruit would be sent to a legion.

Yeah its the same in the army of today but little bit faster...Back in my day it took 3 months before you got the soldier patch (basic training). However it depends ofc how fast the millitary needs their men since i think in all wars ever fought got quicker basic training to. However you can train for years and years but nothing will ever prepare you for real battle experience...That is a whole new ballgame but still training helps alot if you stick with it by memory which is easy to forget at times when **** hits the fan

HOW??? Please tell me whose digital dingus I have to level up to get to "peacetime." I have yet to see it.
I feel like there is a long period of wars then followed up by a semi-long period of peace. My current playthrough we were at war with Sturgia for over a year and in that time we also warred with Battania for about 3 weeks. But now we've had peace for almost 6 months. I think you just need to wait it out.

One of the things that is incredibly frustrating is that having one competent commander (the player) in a nation apparently convinces the AI to maintain a constant state of war with everyone else. Apparently winning battles and capturing fiefs reduces the AI willingness to make peace - when the AI SHOULD be thinking about securing new borders, entrenching in those new fiefs and rebuilding armies gutted by war.

The result is a situation where the player is forced into non-stop war forever and has no time to do any trading/missions/development whatsoever. And smithing? Don't make me laugh. Less than a dozen times in the past in-game year have I spent a day resting in town.

For example, I recently fought a brutal war with the Khuzait as Southern Empire... during which the nobles voted for war with Battania, despite the fact that the Battanians had no contiguous territory at all. Fine, whatever. They changed their minds a couple weeks later and paid tribute in a peace.

After I painstakingly pushed all of the Khuzait out of Empire territory and even captured a couple towns on the Khuzait side...

I had a few days of peace before the SE declared war on the Northern Empire and Battania. I took Saneopa within a couple days and we made peace with the NE. Then a week after that, the SE declared war on Sturgia. I took half of the Sturgian territory before we made peace. Then I managed to take two castles from the Battanians and held their superior army back at a choke point after a weeks-long campaign.

Then... within FRACKING DAYS... the SE declared war on Sturgia, the Western Empire AND the Khuzait.

At that point I gave up and resolved not to play until the Diplomacy mod gets updated to compatibility with the newest versions.
It almost feels like SE king pushes you to your limits, like there's always a great woman behind a great man.

Sorry for going off the topic again but man shaking on enemy traders as they try to get out from choke routes is so lucrative rn...one just handed over us 1.4k for nothing the other then 800 and so on

B-but my honor stat!
Damn it yeah its not in my character either...its old habits kicking in playing as bandits so much xD i need to go confess and hail some Maries...Its the long peace time and passive armies i tell you. It got the best of me

Last edited:
Sorry for going off the topic again but man shaking on enemy traders as they try to get out from choke routes is so lucrative rn...one just handed over us 1.4k for nothing the other then 800 and so on

Dude at this point money is no object. One IRL week into play and I'm consistently >2M gp. I decked out all my companions in stuff like Imperial Lamellar and am running a 300-strong party with almost all elite horse troops but I can't spend faster than I make money.

The secret is the auto-trader mod. Not a cheat... just saves you doing pointless clicking and math every time you go into town. You just set the prices you want to buy/sell and it takes care of it for you.

Also, for some bizarre reason, my wool weavery at Lycaron consistently makes 2k/day.

But even though I've made literal millions trading over like 8 in-game years... I still haven't maxed out my trading skill (I've been shooting for the one which lets you buy fiefs). Because xp gain in this game is grindy and boring as hell.

It almost feels like SE king pushes you to your limits, like there's always a great woman behind a great man.
I love how every time I go into town Ira just sits on the throne like a boss. She's not even governor - just in my party... but if there's a throne, then she's parking her ass in it. She's the rightful heir!

I can't wait until Diplomacy mod gets update to the current version so I can take over the damn faction.

are you trying to learn an old empire trader tycoon fox to make money ? And with an mod to xD Man ive bought large portions of Calradia once without convenience ^^ Im talking purely about warfare stuff here not industry stuff and trading as well as infrastructure. I only bought one workshop now to keep off the pesky merc bill that Vladia never uses anyways during "peace" and since im bored wacking bandits i went far east to see if i can get some recording and continue the book but nothing happens except kicking one lord or two as well as their traders. But i mean gettin 800-2k just to talk to traders is pretty lucrative to wont you think when you have those ticking in the background to :wink:

Last edited:
I feel like there is a long period of wars then followed up by a semi-long period of peace. My current playthrough we were at war with Sturgia for over a year and in that time we also warred with Battania for about 3 weeks. But now we've had peace for almost 6 months. I think you just need to wait it out.

I'm not sure about that... in my game, all countries declared war on me within a few months of creating my kingdom, and I never had a day of peace throughout the entire rest of the game. Now own the entire map around day 1500. Finally I can do some quests or something... why bother when i have 300+ skills, super equipment and millions of gold and a huge empire that I got through 15 years of forced warfare.

Back
Top Bottom