Kingdom decisions do not affect relations

Users who are viewing this thread

In all versions of the game I've played, including the latest Beta 1.5.10, decisions as a ruler have never positively or negatively affected relations with vassals. The only way to negatively affect relations as a King is to disband armies or choosing opposing looting stances in sieges.

Can anyone confirm if they've ever had relations drop or increase based on decisions (granting fiefs, policies, diplomacy) you made as a king?

In all versions of the game I've played, including the latest Beta 1.5.10, decisions as a ruler have never positively or negatively affected relations with vassals. The only way to negatively affect relations as a King is to disband armies or choosing opposing looting stances in sieges.

Can anyone confirm if they've ever had relations drop or increase based on decisions (granting fiefs, policies, diplomacy) you made as a king?
I remember not getting relation changes from these in older versions. I haven't been a King since 1.5.7 though.

Are you talking about enacting kingdom policies or voting on fiefs or war declarations? Because voting totally gives you relation bonus/penalty with the clans "sponsoring" the vote. Especially as King.

On voting, I believe it is best way to improve your relations with fellow lords, and you end up with a kingdom that is relatively cohesive over time. That is kinda nice. The problem is that it is greatly unfinished to say the least. There are only a couple of good policies and culture doesn't play a role so you end up with the same institution on every playthrough in any kingdom. Also as king you can improve relationships without spending inlfuence.

Back
Top Bottom