Votes: 31 26.1%
  • Robohemia!

Votes: 16 13.4%
  • Hobohemia.

Votes: 38 31.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

I used to watch him when I was younger, but his interesting tidbits like 'there were probably more sieges than battles in the past'-videos eventually turned into aggressive and self-perpetuating monologues about how everyone is wrong about everything, even if it was something as common as ****ing whistling.

BIGGER Kentucky James XXL said:
The two-tracks-is-a-modern-thing idea stems from a lindybeige video where he makes massive assumptions based on his modern idea of how roads work. There are photographs of dirt roads from before cars were even invented where you see this kind of thing, with two tracks being worn down more than the rest. You also see it in paintings sometimes.
The issue is not with wheel making tracks, it is with horses making none.

And who said there were no cars or trucks in Medieval Europe? Do you even know how advanced the Serbian Empire was? They basically had space travel at some point, but the battle of Kosovo set the world back a thousand years!!! :evil: :evil:

No no, its common knowledge that russians had pegasi, therefore, no horses in the middle.

And those who were too poor to have a pegasus of their own, just had always at least two horses in front of their carts. No horses in the middle.

And when just riding their horses, they all were very polite, and rode on one side to let anyone pass them by if needed without any hassle.

BIGGER Kentucky James XXL said:
Some of his worst and most misinformative videos are built around the idea that you can just brute-force common sense logic your way to the answer when doing history. He made a similarly terrible video where he claims that towns in medieval Britain had no nearby natural forests because they were all cultivated or coppiced. He ignores all the clear evidence to the contrary just because he likes the thrill of the whole "thing you assumed/liked was WRONG!!!1!" thing that guardian readers jack off to. It also doesn't help that he's just a modern middle class larper and thinks this equates to front line experience in the battlefield. The cavalry sabre video and the overarm spear video are some of the worst, but he's surely made even worse ones since then.

He gets a lot of things wrong, that he could've easily gotten right just by doing a little bit more research. Like his video about how Chinese dictionaries work. He just made something up and argued against it, when even if he had just done a simple google search he would've realized he was completely wrong. Or his video about legionary soldiers not using two pila, and said he couldn't find any sources or information about it. He didn't read Polybius, which is where we even get the idea from? He didn't read Caesar's Gallic Wars? He didn't look up the grave steles that depict soldiers carrying two pila?

You even mention his overarm spear video, what makes it even more hilarious is that one of his pieces of "evidence" that the Greeks used their spears underarm is the Boeotian shield, yet says that artistic depictions of overarm spear usage is fantasy/artistic license, despite the fact that there are no archaeological finds of the Boeotian shield and it only exists in art.

He's good at talking and sounding authoritative, but he uses his own modern logic a lot more than he looks for evidence, and then presents his thoughts as something more than just being his ideas and questions about a specific thing that more often than not could be answered by looking at the sources more (or in some cases in his videos, at all).

I'm in the same boat. I picked it up at the steam summer sale. Barely past the prologue but already enjoying the hell out of it. I love the immersion aspect of it.

Accidentally started some DLC I think. Spent most of last night playing as Theresa for ****s sakes. Objectives included picking weeds and feeding chickens. Who thought this was a good idea?

BenKenobi said:
A new DLC

Oh, this is it.  :lol:

lA49d.png

Back
Top Bottom