Votes: 16 13.4%
  • Hobohemia.

Votes: 38 31.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Indeed, the things I'm reading...

Illoominator said:
Hmm, no thanks. I'm not into simulators.
A simulator? I don't even.
silvercloak50 said:
I play games for fantasy, if I wanted reality - I'd go to work.
Aye, because playing an RPG without elves and goblins is considered a valid part of reality.
Think I got to agree, If I wanted realistic rpgs with no magic, monsters, etc, it really just boils down to a middle ages sims game. I think I'll pass and wait for Bless to be released... Has similar looking graphics but with all the fantasy intact.
Is it just me or does this all make no sense at all?

EDIT: source of the quotes.

Untitled. said:
ColonicAcid said:
Untitled. said:
Orchid said:
11448247576_21ccec1cdd_o.gif
Does anyone else think something is off at the end where he hits the other guy in the head? Could just be me not understanding swords & physics.
Nope chainmail is supposed to stop slashes. It's accurate.
I'd have imagined the sword would have slid onto the shoulder though, instead of getting pushed back.

I think a more accurate description of it is the sword bouncing off the dude's skull. If dueling accounts are accurate, this does happen, and for daggers at least it would make the blade bent if the blow was hard enough. The maille being there also probably helped.

Edit: In any case, it seems like they chose the wrong outlet for releasing information about the game.

Orchid said:
Indeed, the things I'm reading...

Illoominator said:
Hmm, no thanks. I'm not into simulators.
A simulator? I don't even.
silvercloak50 said:
I play games for fantasy, if I wanted reality - I'd go to work.
Aye, because playing an RPG without elves and goblins is considered a valid part of reality.
Think I got to agree, If I wanted realistic rpgs with no magic, monsters, etc, it really just boils down to a middle ages sims game. I think I'll pass and wait for Bless to be released... Has similar looking graphics but with all the fantasy intact.
Is it just me or does this all make no sense at all?

EDIT: source of the quotes.
Why would you even give ****aku more hits on their website?
Most everything they do over there is simple hit baiting folks and the regulars in the comments are right on the same level of "human scum"-ness.

Swadius 2.0 said:
Untitled. said:
ColonicAcid said:
Untitled. said:
Orchid said:
Does anyone else think something is off at the end where he hits the other guy in the head? Could just be me not understanding swords & physics.
I'd have imagined the sword would have slid onto the shoulder though, instead of getting pushed back.

I think a more accurate description of it is the sword bouncing off the dude's skull. If dueling accounts are accurate, this does happen, and for daggers at least it would make the blade bent if the blow was hard enough. The maille being there also probably helped.

Edit: In any case, it seems like they chose the wrong outlet for releasing information about the game.

Urrr, the guy clearly has a helmet on.

Wellenbrecher said:
Why would you even give ****aku more hits on their website?
Most everything they do over there is simple hit baiting folks and the regulars in the comments are right on the same level of "human scum"-ness.
I'm not in the least a regular around Kotaku or any other gaming website but this one for that matter, but I've never experienced much bias or financial incentive in the articles I've read on Kotaku. First time I have ever bothered ranging into the comment section, though. Apparently I should have kept it that way.

Mr.Milker said:
Swadius 2.0 said:
Untitled. said:
ColonicAcid said:
Untitled. said:
Orchid said:

Urrr, the guy clearly has a helmet on.
I'd imagine a helmet has the same characteristics as a skull to a certain degree in this case.
Anyway, thanks for clearing it up for me. That sounds pretty cool.

Not much to see in the teaser, but I notice copious amounts of poppies->Flanders fields->A battle which took place in Flanders/Brabant(part of HRE).

Of course there's poppies in other places as well, but poppies often symbolise flanders, so yeah. I'm probably wrong though.

I would love a game without silly magic..esp being a historic military fanatic. There are enough games with RPG and Silly magic.

This is incredible...as if it wasn't hard to get an historical, medieval rpg, they have even picked up a relatively obscure setting (to pop culture standards, at least). No third crusade, no hundred years war, no vikings, no England or France related stuff. I'm amazed that a project so corageous exists. I should read something more detailed on the hussites I guess, since it's not a topic I'm much into right now, but I'm afraid the hype would then kill me, since the game is due to be released in 2015. My best wishes to this project.

This dev blog entry, which dates back to June '12, gives some insight into their mapping philosophy.

Tldr: you know that way Skyrim makes you bump into an exciting event every ten seconds, ranging from a troll jumping attacking you out of nowhere to an NPC harassing you with a radiant quest? They're having none of that and they want you to put in some legwork before you can actually get somewhere. However they don't want you to have to run for miles and miles before getting anywhere. They're rather vague but from what they're saying I think they plan on making a multiple-cell world map with loading times in between.

Radetzky said:
Hmm.. keeping in mind it's 1403 it could also involve something alike to Hussites in few years span.
Quite plausible! I checked on Wikipedia yesterday and 1403 is the year Hus started preaching.

Untitled. said:
ColonicAcid said:
Untitled. said:
Orchid said:
It's not a mail coif, it's a helmet. The only thing off I can see about it is that the hit detection is a bit off and the sword clips into the guy's head before it rebounds. And it makes sparks as it does so, but that's just eye-candy.

30WlSZa.gif

Ringwraith #5 said:
Oooh, it's a shack! How exciting!
I know, right? I peed a little.

Radetzky said:
I also would be happy if they introduced the so typical wide division of occupations, not like the general stores or one blacksmith does everything of some games. Instead yearly markets, season occasions etc.
That would be lovely, indeed. Chancing upon a few travelling merchants on their way to a fair, perhaps even a troupe of actors and jugglers here and there. Like I said earlier, my hopes for the atmosphere in this game are really high.

Ringwraith #5 said:
Oooh, it's a shack! How exciting!

It actually is. Look, a game where historical buildings other than cathedrals and castles look like they would've if they were built by a medieval person and not a 3D modeler. I never realized how silly and strange "peasant huts" look in most fantasy RPGs. You can still find people living in houses quite similar to this one in Czech villages.

Back
Top Bottom