King without power

Users who are viewing this thread

Found the thread full of dictators. My way or the highway huh? Well your vassals are tired of your ****, never ending wars in an uneven situation? cmon man where is the honor in that. Vassals are just oligarchs who want their payout and not to risk their biscuits. :iamamoron:

Found the thread full of dictators. My way or the highway huh? Well your vassals are tired of your ****, never ending wars in an uneven situation? cmon man where is the honor in that. Vassals are just oligarchs who want their payout and not to risk their biscuits. :iamamoron:
They were bums sitting in taverns until I raised them up! Every Denar they've earned comes form being under my protection! It's really a crappy system for gameplay to not be able to just install who you want and block what you want. However none the less I create the faction so powerful even it's own idiotic voting can't stop it. 3 was? 4 wars? Lord never stepping foot in their 2nd/3rd fief cuz it's so far away? Doesn't matter other then annoying me, the enemy AI can never fight back again after you full eclipse them in raw numbers.

I have always ruled my fiefs as an autocrat, not giving any anything to my companions!
I had read how people were unhappy seeing their parties being conscripted into other armies and not having any control over it. So, I decided to be an autocrat, maybe until conscription is improved or something.
Between my parties going into allied towns and dumping the crack troops I gave them and the recruiting of crappy troops, and other idiotic stuff AI parties do, I just don't feel like giving fiefs to vassals who would then antagonize my decisions!

This is the better system.
Yeah, it totally make sense that the more vassal you have, the more you lose control over your faction. But the game should give the option to counter measure to overcome this issue. Like forming alliances within the faction, being able to convincing them before they vote and most importantly an ai who thinks rationally when it comes to war/peace decisions.

Yeah, it totally make sense that the more vassal you have, the more you lose control over your faction. But the game should give the option to counter measure to overcome this issue. Like forming alliances within the faction, being able to convincing them before they vote and most importantly an ai who thinks rationally when it comes to war/peace decisions.

Bribing lords with money could be an option

The more my empire grows, the less power I seem to have
You seem to have encountered the part of the game i call "We are turning into a diplomacy"
It's generally not too bad, since your kingdom should have enough strength to fight on at last 2 to 3 fronts. make sure to protect your clan own fiefs and gather influence for a while let's say 10K then use it to make peace with all powerful faction (don't bother about the broken Battanians with no fiefs or the Looter empires) make sure to leave one at war then proceed to blitz the crap out of their towns: Siege all of their towns first with your army, leave the castles to your vassals, set the AI to aggressive and make peace with any other decently strong faction until your influence runs out. by the time your are done the faction you blitzed is either dead or experiencing a huge depression.
While you do this don't bother too much about the other factions gaining some ground, all you need to care about during this stage is eliminating factions one by one not all at the same time

hope this helps

As your empire grows, you have to make sure that you push policies that lower the consequences for the king making unpopular decisions.

This doesn't totally mitigate the issue of more nobles making more problems, but it helps. It goes a long way towards allowing you to override silly AI votes and to manage your kingdom without tanking your influence.

Push:
Royal Privilege:
For Kingdom decisions, the influence cost of the ruler overriding the popular decision outcome is reduced by 20%
Precarial Land Tenure - The influence cost of proposing settlement annexation is reduced by 50% for the ruler clan.

Avoid or kill:
War Tax -
The influence cost of declaring war is doubled for the ruler clan.
Feudal Inheritance - The cost of revoking a fief from a clan is doubled.
Peerage - For kingdom decisions, tier 4+ clan choices have double effect, Influence cost of the ruler overriding the popular decision outcome is doubled.

The simple solution is the king gets the final say and those who vote against will suffer negative relations and those who agree will gain positive relations.

Does influence cost correlate with relations? If it doesn't, it should. Negative relations should cost more and vice versa.

Negative relations should also impact on their willingness to follow the decree. Say you declare war..and they just choose not to fight. Or you declare peace...and they continue raiding.

Does influence cost correlate with relations? If it doesn't, it should. Negative relations should cost more and vice versa.
I know for sure relation affects on the cost of influence when you summon someone to army. There is final say but it cost influence. Does the cost of final say get affected by the relation? I mean, if you have lords opposing the decision you want to make but you have high relation with a lot of them so the cost of final say reduce accordingly.

Ok now its really getting out of hand. My vassalls want me to pay twice the influence cost and I have to use 1060 Influence to prevent this policy being established. Literally one minute later they make the same poll again and I have to pay 1060 Influence again. Obviously there is no way to hold up like that and eventually I will have no choice but accepting it and opposing their decisions will cost me no less then 2120 Influence, which is just absolutely insane!

However I came up with a solution. How about every time you support the mojorities vote, you get a small amount of influence from each supporting vassal. For example when 8 vassals vote for yes and set up the majority, you get 10 influence points for each vassal. So you would get 80 influence points if you support their decision. That way it is still encouraged to support the majority, but you will have a better chance of opposing them in bad decisions. Also your influence gain would automatically grow with the numbers of vassals joining your empire, just like the cost of opposing them grows too.

IobrWq9

BdJLh02

Ok now its really getting out of hand. My vassalls want me to pay twice the influence cost and I have to use 1060 Influence to prevent this policy being established. Literally one minute later they make the same poll again and I have to pay 1060 Influence again. Obviously there is no way to hold up like that and eventually I will have no choice but accepting it and opposing their decisions will cost me no less then 2120 Influence, which is just absolutely insane!

However I came up with a solution. How about every time you support the mojorities vote, you get a small amount of influence from each supporting vassal. For example when 8 vassals vote for yes and set up the majority, you get 10 influence points for each vassal. So you would get 80 influence points if you support their decision. That way it is still encouraged to support the majority, but you will have a better chance of opposing them in bad decisions. Also your influence gain would automatically grow with the numbers of vassals joining your empire, just like the cost of opposing them grows too.

It's worth the influence loss to prevent peerage. You'll get it back.

Remember, the AI characters aren't thinking about this. They aren't planning your downfall. It's just a math equation whether it comes up or not.

I've rarely seen it come up twice, let alone straight after. A third time would be quite the coincidence. So it's worth losing all your influence for, otherwise the next time you want to overrule them, you'll be looking at significantly more than that.

Perhaps, as a counter, you might want to propose and pass Royal Privilege: For Kingdom decisions, the influence cost of the ruler overriding the popular decision outcome is reduced by 20%. If you have a saved game... might want to go back to before they tried Peerage and get in first.

Last edited:
It's worth the influence loss to prevent peerage. You'll get it back.

Remember, the AI characters aren't thinking about this. They aren't planning your downfall. It's just a math equation whether it comes up or not.

I've rarely seen it come up twice, let alone straight after. A third time would be quite the coincidence. So it's worth losing all your influence for, otherwise the next time you want to overrule them, you'll be looking at significantly more than that.

Perhaps, as a counter, you might want to propose and pass Royal Privilege: For Kingdom decisions, the influence cost of the ruler overriding the popular decision outcome is reduced by 20%. If you have a saved game... might want to go back to before they tried Peerage and get in first.

They try to push this policy noticeably often, like they clearly want to push this specific policy. Im sure there is some reason for that, but its not just a coincidence. Also there will be joining a lot more clans to my empire, who will only add to that cost and at some point it will just be too much to have any influence on any decision. Already now I have to accept everything else they demand and save my influence basically just to prevent that one policy. For me it seems really difficult to gain back that much influence, because I dont do 1vs1 or high odds battles often. Thanks for the suggestion of royal privilege, this will certainly help a bit for now.

They try to push this policy noticeably often, like they clearly want to push this specific policy. Im sure there is some reason for that, but its not just a coincidence. Also there will be joining a lot more clans to my empire, who will only add to that cost and at some point it will just be too much to have any influence on any decision. Already now I have to accept everything else they demand and save my influence basically just to prevent that one policy. For me it seems really difficult to gain back that much influence, because I dont do 1vs1 or high odds battles often. Thanks for the suggestion of royal privilege, this will certainly help a bit for now.

With influence... you need to maximise your passive gain. Having maxed out forums in 3 to 4 cities is a good start. Treat the cities well and you'll also gain supporters in those cities. Then if you make 3 or 4 parties (there's a leadership perk that allows an extra one) and keep them in an army with you permanently, you get influence for each of them too + it will quickly push your leadership skill level up. By carefully selecting policies you can comfortably get to 20-30 influence per day before you even fight, if you're lucky, or have taken ownership of more cities, that can be booster further. That's a couple of thousand influence per year even without fighting + If you have trouble, with that many parties in your faction, in your army, you can end up with 1k soldiers at no influence cost - big enough to fight many battles - that means battle influence is free of cost.

Once my influence is at that level, I start allowing votes that help big clans build influence through so that they can build armies too. I also push policies that keep army recruiting cost down. But otherwise..... you might have missed my post above... but this is my starting framework:

Get as soon as you can:
Royal Privilege:
For Kingdom decisions, the influence cost of the ruler overriding the popular decision outcome is reduced by 20%
Precarial Land Tenure - The influence cost of proposing settlement annexation is reduced by 50% for the ruler clan.

Avoid at all costs:
War Tax -
The influence cost of declaring war is doubled for the ruler clan.
Feudal Inheritance - The cost of revoking a fief from a clan is doubled.
Peerage - For kingdom decisions, tier 4+ clan choices have double effect, Influence cost of the ruler overriding the popular decision outcome is doubled.

I have a hunch that clans seem to push negative policies if they don't like you. So maybe that's something to keep an eye on too. But that's speculation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom