King of Dragon Pass

Users who are viewing this thread

Preorders are up! https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/six-ages-ride-like-the-wind/id934012726?mt=8

DgMFLLBVQAAnyE5.jpg

Life between myths. Clans, cows, choices.
The Golden City lies under a great sheet of ice. Your ancestors rode free, looking for a new home. It took three hundred years, but your clan finally settled here, in the valley where you hope to find your gods, recruit spirits, and win respect from your fellow Riders. Can you protect your people and claim your destiny when you’re beset by wizards, lizards, and worse, your barbaric neighbors, the Orlanthi?

raid013.jpg

Six Ages: Ride Like The Wind, the spiritual successor to cult hit King of Dragon Pass, combines interactive fiction and turn-based strategy to immerse you in a hostile, blood-soaked land governed by myth and cursed with wonders. Uncover the secrets of the valley, battle ancient enemies, and meet the gods, all while protecting your people and raiding your neighbors’s cows. Hundreds of scenes unfurl, accompanied by gorgeous artwork and backed by a clan simulation that makes every game unique. You’ll be faced with hard choices, but you’ll get advice to follow or ignore — although your advisors have their own agendas.

Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind is now available for pre-order in the iOS App Store. It will be released on 28 June. (Other platforms are currently in development.)

latest

Got to play for a couple hours last night and this morning, and it's exactly what I was hoping for from the successor to King of Dragon Pass. I really appreciate the chance to see things from a different cultural perspective, especially so given that your clan reveres "Bad Emperor" Yelm.

I highly recommend this to those who've played and enjoyed King of Dragon Pass before, and I also recommend it to those who've never played because it's such a unique gaming experience.

I just bought King of Dragon Pass on the sale. So far - excellent game, it reminds me of the many choice text games I used to play on mobile, and I always wanted a game to use that but also employ all these elaborate game mechanics.

My question right now is, are neighbouring clans at the start of the game of similar strength in terms of footmen/weaponthanes as you, and does winning battles with killing many enemies actually influence their total pop and the amount of fighters they can bring into every subsequent fight? I had a few raids back and forth with this clan but they don't seem to be particularly hurt even though  I inflicted a much larger amount of casualties.

You can definitely do serious damage to enemy clans through frequent raiding. I find that the most effective way to truly defeat them is by stealing their land. If you continue to harass them, they'll submit to tribute or sometimes even pack up and leave.

Ah, good to know that it works. Though I must admit that so far I've killed way more of them than they killed mine, yet they still seem to come around and raid.

How does footmen regeneration work? Sometimes it seems I never get any of them back. And, I read in the manual stealing land can be very difficult to pull off, so you are saying killing most of their fyrd will increase chances of getting land?

Yeah, it's fairly difficult to destroy an enemy clan from what I recall (I've only done it a few times). The process is long and drawn out since it's not really something that Orlanthi typically do to one another - clan feuds are somewhat limited in scope, and completely destroying another clan doesn't actually help you win the game in any meaningful sense (which is another element of this game that I really appreciate).

I doubt their footmen regeneration is 100% fair, no clue as to the numbers behind all of that though.

Just lost my first game when my oneitis decided to **** my best friend instead. **** you, Beren.  :mad:

10/10 would lose again

Back
Top Bottom