King of Dragon Pass

Users who are viewing this thread

I need help, if any can render it.

I've got an itch to start playing again, but when I tried to launch the game it just sets my color scheme and resolution automatically and then...nothing. I've Googled, and was told to close things like Chrome and other programs and did, to no avail. I tried to uninstall it, but when I do it leaves a folder called "OErasmus.fon" Upon trying to reinstall I get an error right before the bar reaches the end;

"An error ocured while trying to replace the existing file: DeleteFile failed; code 5. Access is denied." And I'm given an option to retry, which doesn't works sometimes, and when it does it doesn't change anything, an option to ignore, which I'm advised against but choose just to make it go through, or the option to abort the install. I tried opening the folder and deleting the "OErasmus.fon," but it refuses to allow me because it says the file is open in System. I don't know what that means. I then tried to delete the folder itself, but it tells me, "The file or folder is open in another program. Close the file or folder and try again."

If anyone can assist, I'd be appreciative.

EDIT: Got it to work by shutting down some obscure Adobe program.

HeroCraft just announced that King of Dragon Pass, in the updated iOS version, will be coming to Steam soon. (4th of July most likely)

((though David just reminded me it's not the most up to date iOS version, rather the Android one, which is still somewhere between the GoG version and the iOS one.))

I've been playing this game for years. I suck at it and absolutely hate it. Also I absolutely love it with every shred of my being. No idea how I never knew of this thread.

**** I NEED A PHONE

I was literally asking about you last night in Discord because I wanted to see how the progress was going. I'm so hyped for this thing. I was just about to launch KoDP after I checked the forums and now I'm even more in the mood for it. Please make another post if/when you open testing to non-phones, because I physically need this game.

I was beyond happy when I saw that on the frontpage of /r/games with hundreds of upvotes. I didn't know so many people remembered KoDP fondly and it gives me hope that we may just get to see similar games in the future besides Six Ages, which I'm super hyped for.

TheFlyingFishy said:
it gives me hope that we may just get to see similar games in the future besides Six Ages, which I'm super hyped for.

The developers have pretty much said outright that they are looking to make more, so I really hope it's successful. The world needs more Glorantha!

Given the artwork I've seen so far, I'm hoping it might take place in Dara Happa. I wonder if we'll get to participate in the formation of the Lunar Empire?

Moose! said:
TheFlyingFishy said:
it gives me hope that we may just get to see similar games in the future besides Six Ages, which I'm super hyped for.

The developers have pretty much said outright that they are looking to make more, so I really hope it's successful.

This is correct.

Heh, nice to see some hype, I didn't even have to post the teaser myself.

(I'm actually just taking a break from touching up some of our portraits.)

I was literally about to post whether you were involved in the art of this one or not.  :lol: I have both volumes of the Guide to Glorantha books as some of my most treasured possessions, your art in those is literally fantastic. The creativity and originality combined with the vibrant colors... just superb. Can't wait to see that in-game!

So hey, release pretty soon!

https://sixages.com/blog/index.php/2018/06/release-date/

Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind comes to the iOS App Store on 28 June, with preorders starting 21 June. It will sell for US$ 9.99.

We’re currently developing the game for other platforms, and expect to release them next year.

To get a taste of the game, you can watch our launch trailer.

Although we have a build approved for the App Store, we’re still fixing bugs and making small changes. There’s not much time left before launch, so we’re trying to triage issues to make sure they aren’t likely to break anything unexpectedly, and that QA will be able to verify that the change actually works.

We’re also still busy revamping our web site and marketing.

We hope that Ride Like the Wind is the first in a series of six related games. You’ll be able to play them in any order, but the idea is that you can continue the story of a clan through the ages.

The designers of King of Dragon Pass, David Dunham and Robin D. Laws, have refined the classic game.

Compared to King of Dragon Pass, play is both simpler and richer. You’ll get to make more decisions in combat, and can appease an assortment of spirits as well as build shrines to your gods. You’ll explore an unknown land about four times as large, and can choose a special action to perform each year. Food production is less complex.

Of course, you will still have advisors with unique personalities, and will follow their stories over multiple generations. Your cows will show your prestige. And you’ll be able to visit the land of the gods.

We’re working hard to do the last final polish, so you’ll be able to enjoy the game at the end of the month!

scene101.jpg

I would have vastly preferred to play it PC but hell I'm going to throw money on the devs anyway. I want and need more Gloranthan cow games!
You made some art for this, Merlkir? I hope so, the art in the guide is gorgeous.

Back
Top Bottom