King keeps all fiefs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Drakarna

Recruit
I'm new to the forums here and well, I hope I'm in the right place.

I've been playing my first game of WB and at a while lords are jumping ship on all sides. I work to keep all of mine as happy as I can, but the other two main factions left (Sarranid and Nord) are full of constant lord exchanging. As such, King Ragnar and Sultan Hakim seem to just claim every single castle and town until they are left with armies with low troop numbers.

While this makes it easy, it starts to lose the value of fun, and I was wondering if there is a mod, or a cheat or data change I could do to fix this? Unfortunately I don't have a whole lot of hope and think that the game isn't meant to go past about a years time maybe.

Any thoughts or suggestions to help? I like to have longer, funner games.

Thanks in advance!

There are ways to keep lords from renouncing...

Litdum came up with a clever way to stop renouncing of lords, I suggest you take a look at the module development section of the forum and learn how the module system can help you.

I didnt like seeing lord names such as Boyar Mundhalir, Emir Klargus etc. They would change their faction after few days the game started so I had discoverd this line to solve that and it did:
module_simple_triggers.py:

(try_begin),
          (this_or_next|eq, ":faction", "$players_kingdom"),
        (eq, ":faction", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),
        (val_add, ":num_centers", 1),
        (try_end),

(call_script, "script_troop_get_relation_with_troop", ":troop_no", ":faction_leader"),
          (this_or_next|le, reg0, -121), #was -50
        (eq, ":num_centers", 0), #if there is no walled centers that faction has defection happens 100%.

(call_script, "script_cf_troop_can_intrigue", ":troop_no", 0), #Should include battle, prisoner, in a castle with others
            (store_random_in_range, ":who_moves_first", 0, 2),

-121 in the red line was -50. it means when the relationship between the lord and the vassal became -50 the lord will be exiled and join another faction. I ve changed it to -121(an impossible vaule for relations. the lowest one is -100 as you know) so the lords cannot change their faction unless you persuade them to join your faction or their own faction compeletly defeated.

Cheezeninja said:
There are ways to keep lords from renouncing...

Litdum came up with a clever way to stop renouncing of lords, I suggest you take a look at the module development section of the forum and learn how the module system can help you.

I didnt like seeing lord names such as Boyar Mundhalir, Emir Klargus etc. They would change their faction after few days the game started so I had discoverd this line to solve that and it did:
module_simple_triggers.py:

(try_begin),
          (this_or_next|eq, ":faction", "$players_kingdom"),
        (eq, ":faction", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),
        (val_add, ":num_centers", 1),
        (try_end),

(call_script, "script_troop_get_relation_with_troop", ":troop_no", ":faction_leader"),
          (this_or_next|le, reg0, -121), #was -50
        (eq, ":num_centers", 0), #if there is no walled centers that faction has defection happens 100%.

(call_script, "script_cf_troop_can_intrigue", ":troop_no", 0), #Should include battle, prisoner, in a castle with others
            (store_random_in_range, ":who_moves_first", 0, 2),

-121 in the red line was -50. it means when the relationship between the lord and the vassal became -50 the lord will be exiled and join another faction. I ve changed it to -121(an impossible vaule for relations. the lowest one is -100 as you know) so the lords cannot change their faction unless you persuade them to join your faction or their own faction compeletly defeated.

Holy lord that is a game changer....

I assume if I set it to something like -80 lords will still defect or be banished but at a much less frequent rate?

Well there is a way... Let him keep the lands for a bit but listen here is a way.

For a bit just relax and gather up an army while gathering up your money too. After you have around 200 - 300 troops that are tier 2 or above you should prepare heavily by giving your knights great armor and swords so they are prepared.

If you are going for a King you should really prepare and help in the battle by controlling your troops because I was outnumbered by 150 once and I won the battle because I had tactics and elite soldiers.

If you have any questions, ask me on skype.

Back
Top Bottom