Resolved Killing Mounted Archers doesn't drop bow, just quiver

Users who are viewing this thread

Tomgreen

Recruit
Kill a mounted archer and all you get from him is quiver arrows no weapon. You get no weapons but a quiver.

It was skirmish but I think it happens in all. Was a Khuzait mounted archer. Im guessing it likely happens with anyone holding a bow that dies while on a horse.

Ok you wanted more info here is some more. The bows can drop on ground from killing horse archers if they are on a slope when they die close enough to the ground. I believe it may have been a developer design to not have bows drop to the ground if theres too much space from where they die and the bow dropping due to physics possibly? Anyways 99% of the time when an archer dies on a mount the bow does not drop or find the ground because of the distance. Gamemode shouldn't matter. It forsure happens a lot to khuzait mounted archers but I think it would happen in any gamemode with any class if they are far enough from the ground holding a bow when they die. To reiterate the quiver does always drop and finds it's way to the ground, but the bow doesn't. Huge bug? Not really but in skirmish sometimes that matters and you want to grab the bow from a mounted archer you just killed.

So I'm guessing the math check on a player dying with a bow in hand to finding the ground maybe just needs to be tweaked a tad more to account for mounted archers?

Last edited:
Yeah this happens not just with khuzait mounted archers just anyone with a bow on a horse. I'm guessing they didn't want the bow world model to physics drop and bounce around since it has odd edges unlike the javs ect so they just run a trace and spawn it on the ground nearest after death or something. When someone is holding a bow on a horse they are too far from the ground and the bow doesn't drop. Maybe that's not the system and I'm wrong but either way anyone anyclass on a horse dying with a bow in hand rarely drops to the ground unless its some odd sloped ground that was closer. 95% of the time the bow doesn't drop and just disappears but the quiver does. Only really matters in skirmish when stealing weapons can be useful.

Back
Top Bottom