Kickstarter: Rimworld

Users who are viewing this thread

produno

Master Knight
Rimworld

Official site : http://ludeon.com/blog/

Rimworld is an indie game currently being developed by one man. It follows the sandbox/sim/rts genre. Dont let the graphics fool you, this game is awesome! Though hes stated the more he earns on kickstarter the more he can pay on art for the game. Hes already got around 700% of his initial bid :smile:.

If you pay $30 you get the pre-alpha after the kickstarter (currently 10 days). Well worth it.

Youtube vid : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_c_K80z8jU

That would be great animation and graphic style to run Dwarf Fortress too, but perhaps it's to other games to improve that kind of gameplay genre to onwards.

Aagh, do want Rimworld, but I have already spend plenty of money in this month. Wat to do, wat to do?

I backed it. The prototype seems workable enough already, and from what I read, it seems he's mainly kickstarting to get the skilled people he needs for assets he has no experience with, such as art and music, and to accelerate development. The gameplay trailer looks promising already; most kickstarters don't have such a solid prototype in place. Looking forward to fooling around with the pre-alpha once the Kickstarter has ended. I'll let you all know what I think.

Lyze said:
I backed it. The prototype seems workable enough already.

For a pre-alpha it has hardly any bugs at all! So pretty impressive.

Moose! said:
This looks suspiciously similar to Prison Architect.

Yeah he openly stated he took alot of influence from prison architect. The reason for the kickstarter as Duh mentioned is for the art and sound so a unique look can be given to the game.

Epicrules said:
This looks incredibly interesting. I'll need to keep an eye on it.

Its well worth the 30 CAD to back it :wink:.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tynansylvester/rimworld?ref=card

Can people start making threads that actually include the kickstarter link in their post  :roll:

Anyway, random screenshot time. Nearly got everyone killed after I couldn't figure out how to get people to fight (had to hit 'r' or something) but then I captured a pirate who came and now they are my prisoner.

RsdMA.jpg
HWywy.jpg
5GVqQ.jpg
-hpdn.jpg
pjf_I.jpg
e2PcL.jpg
7CaMp.jpg
3YfuZ.jpg
GTofp.jpg

Second pirate attack wasn't so forgiving as the first, starting turrets aren't to powerful against the AI as the AI seems to take cover and makes it harder to hit them. Going to have to set up more defences in my next game but at least my starting lineup (of 3) settlers was all right, scientist with two general purpose followers.

The game is a lot like timber and stone as far as starting out goes, in that it is pretty hard and random. I need to figure out how to better purpose my starting area this time too.

cH6fN.jpg

It's fun, but until more powerful weapons are made available to the player, the raider attacks are pretty impossible to defend against. Even ten overlapping auto-turrets in bunkers just can't stand up to 10-20 raiders with grenade launchers.

For a prototype, it's pretty amazing.

Ya, I can't seem to survive at all once they start sending in groups of six plus raiders at you. I will end up surviving one and then another one will begin in around ten minutes it seems.

Going to make another game though and try out more long tunnels with machine gun turrets.

I did manage to find moss the pirate though :

l72mF.jpg

pHK7w.jpg

Kevlar said:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tynansylvester/rimworld?ref=card

Can people start making threads that actually include the kickstarter link in their post  :roll:

Well if you actually clicked the link i posted it contains the kickstarter link, the steam greenlight link and all the other information. No point seperating it all over several links...

Anyways, howd you all get a copy of the game? I hope you still backed it if you used torrent sources :wink:.

Austupaio said:
Backed for prototypes. :lol:

How did you get them so soon? I backed at the Influencer level,
Influencer - Get the pre-alpha as soon as the Kickstarter ends. Plus, get the Prototype Pack of early game designs that eventually became RimWorld, including the school constructing game, the zombie tactical sim, and the starship builder. Includes all lower tiers.
and haven't gotten any sort of information about the Prototype Packs as of yet. My understanding from that little blurb is that they will become available once the Kickstarter ends and all pledges go through.

Lyze is correct. No one can get the game until early November unless specifically given from the developer, and thats only if you have a youtube channel with over 1000 views or something along them lines.

Austupaio said:
Go check out his forums, as a paid backer, you can get access to them.

Your talking about the actual prototypes not Rimworld? Makes sense now :smile:. How do you sign up to the forums as a backer?

Epicrules said:
I have decided that this will be the first kickstarter project I'll give money to.

:grin: . Its also the first kickstarter ive gave money to :smile:

Back
Top Bottom