Allow kickslashes to be chamberable.

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

This guys must be a bot. He is just throwing in random statements.

"We should completely remove kickslashes because kicking is too easy even though you cannot kick good players but thats a different thing."
Meh, it's just a big salt mine laid open because it's frustrating for some people. I think being salty about ridiculous mechanics like kickshot (the bow draw looks accelerated once the kick triggers) or kick-jav is justified and it should be removed completely because it's a garbage mechanic which can be exploited, is ultra rewarding, not difficult to pull off and even stronger than the regular kickslash.

But all this other stuff is justified saltyness mixed with good memories from warband "but muh warband skills", kickslash should be nerfed somehow but not removed completely. Whatever mind altering substances you consume to get to that conclusion... hand me some. Must be good stuff.

If you want some decent stuff to think about: Aseari Skirmisher have just one way to be successful and that is to exploit their meme sticks to the ****ing maximum. TW should consider reworking this faction completely before removing a mechanic which is totally fine but needs to be adjusted.

"We should completely remove kickslashes because kicking is too easy even though you cannot kick good players but thats a different thing."
Clarify: Until you're able to counter kickslashes with a chamber, it shouldn't exist.

Also yes, kicking is very easy. We're not talking about the tryhards on duel honey, we're talking about the casual playerbase.

I think fixing kicks would solve this problem, unless you're new or unaware in Warband you could easily avoid it, and you could use it to take out distracted players easily.

Not sure what to vote for...

The chambering as it stands would be useless because it is impossible to pull of on a regular basis (too hard).

The easy chambering from warband would be interesting. If you kick someone you will know that he will try to chamber, therefore just hold your swing to get a safe hit. When he realises that you always hold after kicking he can just block. This would create a 50-50 mindgame after kicks hit.
In theory only 50% of kicks will result into damage which is reasonable.
You've said it all. I'm imagining a warband probability of chambering but on bannerlord as a counter for kick.

I just wanna make sure we are talking about the same kickslash here. Not the kick slash where you do the kick input, and then swing the weapon, where there is a half second that goes by for the kicked person to block (how it should always be imo). This version of the kickslash would be what a regular player could pull off easily and all the time.

But rather the one where you ready the swing, kick with your foot and bring your swing down on them almost at the same time (with no half second inbetween), making it almost impossible to block as you are not even finished with the kicks' stagger animation. This version of the kickslash is the abusable and annoying move that low ping players to bully us plebs further away from the servers. This is the bad one. I don't think changing this one in particular will make kicks obsolete.

Not sure how you'd make that 2nd one chamberable.. interesting idea though.

I would also point out that the first version of the kickslash is probably already chamberable, since its not unblockable.
Yeah this is how most people kick. I press E (The kick button) Then click on the attack direction instantly after and the kick still lands so i don't hold my swing but even how i do it is unblockable.

I think fixing kicks would solve this problem, unless you're new or unaware in Warband you could easily avoid it, and you could use it to take out distracted players easily.
Yeah true. I didn't just make this post as a solution for fixing kickslash it's more of a proposal to add another layer on the kicking system which would make it interesting

hmm I voted no. When someone kicks you, your attacks or whatever youre doing will be interrupted; thats the whole point of the kick.

When you are being interrupted by a kick you obviously cant do anything, NOT BLOCKING, AND NOT ATTACKING. And therefore you CANT chamber.
Yeah at it's state right now it's not possible but the devs maybe could allow the animation of a swing to be pulled off while you get kicked so you can pull of a chamber.. That's my idea.

Last edited:
I don't really have a problem with kickslash or kicking itself, but it doesn't carry anywhere near enough risk for how good it is currently. That's the main issue I have. It should be more high risk.

Are you one of the secret EU closed build testers who is ruining the game for everyone else by saying **** like kicking isnt overpowered.

There is a nasty bug where if you get kicked or kickslashed you can't swing again until after you block which makes you lose a ton of initiative and most likely will get you killed vs good players. It also tends to glitch out your block so if you don't fix it fast enough you can't even block the next incoming attack in the right direction. So kickslashing might not seem so OP after that bug is fixed. Still a solid idea to add some counterplay to kicking.

The issue with kicking is there should be a counter-play to every play.

In Warband, kicks were avoidable if you were mindful of them, all you had to do was be aware of spacing/positioning and use lateral movement. Kicks were a way of punishing players who drifted too close without repositioning or if they crossed your center-line too many times.

In Bannerlord however, if a player wants to kick you, they will kick you. It's nigh impossible to avoid a determined kicker. Backing off doesn't work, nor does wheeling out and avoiding their center-line. I believe the main factors contributing to this are the speed of the kicks -the kicks seem to land the instant the kick input is made, and the range of the kicks (I swear the kick range is longer than that of some of the 1H weapons).

On the latter's note, another thing compounding the issue could be how all the weapons in the game seem to be shorter than they appear, which causes melee to be a claustrophobic face-hug. This was brought up a few times in the beta, but no one really made much note of it. The practical application of all the weapons (but especially 1H) really does make it feel like they have very minimal range, betraying the physical appearance of their length and their listed length. Every fight is such a pressed-together slugfest with no room to use any differences in your or your opponent's weapon reach (because for all intents and purposes, there are none). Not to use the "Warband" card again, but in Warband, you could "feel" your weapon's reach and had a very good understanding of your effective range. The difference between a 1H sword and 1H axe was not negligible -it was discernible, and could be used to your advantage. Thus, Bannerlord's lack of weapon reach probably contributes greatly to the kick-heavy environment we are currently living in.

I would like to end this rant by saying I believe there is a place for kick-slash within the Bannerlord combat meta, but it should be accompanied by a suitable counter-play (preferably a way to avoid it). In an ideal world, kick-slash should be a way to punish unfocused or out-of-position players, but it should not under any circumstances be the main process by which melee combat is fought -which, unfortunately, many times is the case. While kick-slash should have a place in a fighter's repertoire, kick-shot and kick-throw should be removed from the game, as they are nothing more than exploits and the abuse of poor game design/mechanics.

Yeah at it's state right now it's not possible but the devs maybe could allow the animation of a swing to be pulled off while you get kicked so you can pull of a chamber.. That's my idea.

Yeah I don't think allowing people to attack others while getting hit (and thus interrupted) by a kick is a good idea..

It's nigh impossible to avoid a determined kicker. Backing off doesn't work, nor does wheeling out and avoiding their center-line.

Lets agree that kicks are OP at the moment. But I don't agree with the counterplay. People don't seem to understand that walking sidewards works brilliantly. Walking backwards doesn't help you. All low and medium level players do this and get kicked as a result.

I am one of these people who have mastered kicking to the maximum level and I can tell you I rarely get kicked myself because I know how to dodge them. But maybe thats just my level of skill coming in..

I honestly think its not that hard, but maybe for others it is..

Lets agree that kicks are OP at the moment. But I don't agree with the counterplay. People don't seem to understand that walking sidewards works brilliantly. Walking backwards doesn't help you. All low and medium level players do this and get kicked as a result.

I am one of these people who have mastered kicking to the maximum level and I can tell you I rarely get kicked myself because I know how to dodge them. But maybe thats just my level of skill coming in..

As someone who meets you on public, yes, your kicking is notorious. But as you already pointed out, you can evade many kicks by footwork. So... yeah I'd say you're right on this.

I must say that chamberibg kickslashes sound like some kind of shenanigan to me.

wheeling out and avoiding their center-line

^ A.K.A. movement with A and D keys ^

Yes, aggressive lateral movement and tearing the S-key from your keyboard (which I'm all for btw) can make you a slippery target, and honestly if a guy wielding a spatha wants to waste 3 or 4 kicks before he gets me once is a trade I'll make any day. But, if a determined kicker (i.e. someone holding a pila) wants to play ring-around-the-rosie with me -kicking and missing time after time, he will, because he knows he needs to land only one kick to get an insta-kill.

[IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ]
I also want to point out that it is much easier to avoid kick-slashes in 1v1 scenarios because you only have to hold your shield up for the instant you block their melee attack. Taleworlds have made equipped weapon carry weight a huge factor in determining movement speed. Shields weigh a ton and having one equipped will dramatically reduce your speed and holding shields up to block reduces your speed even further. When someone is aiming a throwable in your face, you have to hold your shield up at all times due to near-instant throwing release speed and fact you can still throw at point-blank range.This is why avoiding kick-throws feels much harder than simply slipping to the side of kick-slashes -because you have to account for the speed penalty due to your shield being up.
[IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ]

I'm not at all against being able to kick S-keyers -they deserve it. Being able to kick whilst running down a turtler is fine, but there must be some balance accounting for kick speed, length, and kick-throw mechanics.

As someone who meets you on public, yes, your kicking is notorious. But as you already pointed out, you can evade many kicks by footwork. So... yeah I'd say you're right on this.

I must say that chamberibg kickslashes sound like some kind of shenanigan to me.
How's that sound like shenanigans for you? Explain and i will be glad to explain you in return why i believe it's a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom