Allow kickslashes to be chamberable.

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Many people are complaining about kickslash saying it's too easy to land and is spammable. I am against making throwing weapons throwable after a kick but in regards to weapons i believe completely removing the ability for players to slash someone after landing a kick will render it useless and remove an important mechanism to the combat that makes players pay attention to their footwork and Bannerlord has a stance system which slightly innovates the footwork when compared to Warband even though currently it's significance is debatable when used in the middle of a fight. Nevertheless, i'm sure you guys will make the stance system better when the game is at the full release stage. But to not make kickslash completely uncounterable i kindly propose the Devs to consider making the slash incoming after a kick to be chamberable so that the player who gets kicked can have a small chance at countering the attack.

Chambering is near impossible in bannerlord but I guess they should get a small chance.
I'm certain chamber block will be polished and slightly easier to pull off in the future. Problem is, the collision range is super small and if you have an axe/mace you can only chamber by making the head of the axe/mace collide with the other weapon. With swords it's a tiny bit easier but still the box is super small

I'm not even sure how they would do this which is why I disagree. The variable weapon speeds and angles you'd swing from would change the actual time frame between the kick and the player landing a hit. This would make it hard to find a time frame that is chamberable for most weapons without just making it so the player can just block after getting kicked. There shouldn't be kickthrows for sure though when 1 shot throwing weapons exist.

The better answer would be to just change the way movement and kicks work so that when someone recognizes the opponent is about to try to kick they should have the movement capabilities to prevent it. Or they can just make it so you can jump over them if you predict it, like in warband.

Kicking is great, it gives combat an extra layer of danger. I do agree that kick-jav is completely overpowered, but without kick-slash it would just be a "who blocks better" contest.

I'm not even sure how they would do this which is why I disagree. The variable weapon speeds and angles you'd swing from would change the actual time frame between the kick and the player landing a hit. This would make it hard to find a time frame that is chamberable for most weapons without just making it so the player can just block after getting kicked. There shouldn't be kickthrows for sure though when 1 shot throwing weapons exist.

The better answer would be to just change the way movement and kicks work so that when someone recognizes the opponent is about to try to kick they should have the movement capabilities to prevent it. Or they can just make it so you can jump over them if you predict it, like in warband.
Technically it's possible if they disable the ability to use the block button for a small time range if a kick is registered but atm with the current chamber block system it's impossible since it's perfectly collision based which is is a super tiny short window for you to chamber and plus if the player aims at your feet you cant chamber. But anyways this is just an idea i believe can be a balanced counter against kicks if chamber is polished and if they are able to code it

im trying to wrap my head around on how this would even be possible and idk how so I disagree
Mate, when you get kicked the opponent has to quickly choose which direction to move his mouse to and click, which direction he chooses is easily visible to the eye and it can't be feinted or else the window for the kick is missed and the player can block. So when the swing animation is in process if the player receiving the kick swings at the opposite direction at the right time, he can chamber block. Not does this only make kicks counter-able it also makes the player think twice before going for a kick again because chamber blocks are super fast and it's almost impossible to block them in bannerlord. If you want i can visualize the concept for you in-game

Kicking is great, it gives combat an extra layer of danger. I do agree that kick-jav is completely overpowered, but without kick-slash it would just be a "who blocks better" contest.
Yeah i agree and making kicks chamberblockable it also adds another layer of danger for the player landing the kick cuz the opponent can chamber it and a chamberblock can't be blocked again, so the guy who's trying to spam kicks will think again before wanting to spam it

Chambering is near impossible in bannerlord but I guess they should get a small chance.
i did 15 chambers in a row while staying stable. If i can do it you can, it's just hard when your moving around but when you get kicked both of you are stable so it should be easier.

Not sure what to vote for...

The chambering as it stands would be useless because it is impossible to pull of on a regular basis (too hard).

The easy chambering from warband would be interesting. If you kick someone you will know that he will try to chamber, therefore just hold your swing to get a safe hit. When he realises that you always hold after kicking he can just block. This would create a 50-50 mindgame after kicks hit.
In theory only 50% of kicks will result into damage which is reasonable.

I just wanna make sure we are talking about the same kickslash here. Not the kick slash where you do the kick input, and then swing the weapon, where there is a half second that goes by for the kicked person to block (how it should always be imo). This version of the kickslash would be what a regular player could pull off easily and all the time.

But rather the one where you ready the swing, kick with your foot and bring your swing down on them almost at the same time (with no half second inbetween), making it almost impossible to block as you are not even finished with the kicks' stagger animation. This version of the kickslash is the abusable and annoying move that low ping players to bully us plebs further away from the servers. This is the bad one. I don't think changing this one in particular will make kicks obsolete.

Not sure how you'd make that 2nd one chamberable.. interesting idea though.

I would also point out that the first version of the kickslash is probably already chamberable, since its not unblockable.

hmm I voted no. When someone kicks you, your attacks or whatever youre doing will be interrupted; thats the whole point of the kick.

When you are being interrupted by a kick you obviously cant do anything, NOT BLOCKING, AND NOT ATTACKING. And therefore you CANT chamber.

Chambering is useless atm.Just imagine you do it like in warband,it still wont be so useful and wont be used so much,because of the OP kick mechanic.I voted yes,because there is no counterplay against kickslash.

If they aren’t going to make it easier to dodge or stop people from kicking you as you backpedal(which I actually am a fan of allowing you to open up someone turtling) then there needs to be a way to counter it, and chambering it somehow fits the bill. Whether that is chambering a kick with a kick of your own, allowing chamber blocks with your weapon or some other way it will be far more interesting and less frustrating.

The easy chambering from warband would be interesting. If you kick someone you will know that he will try to chamber, therefore just hold your swing to get a safe hit. When he realises that you always hold after kicking he can just block. This would create a 50-50 mindgame after kicks hit.
In theory only 50% of kicks will result into damage which is reasonable.

Like this, this is more interesting.

Back
Top Bottom