Kicking players from server should be harder

Users who are viewing this thread

HUELL

Recruit
As a mostly skirmish player i wanted to play some captain mode. First game i try to learn how to use cav in captain mode since im not very familiar using cav in this mode and i want to learn it. I do avarage with it game ends and we enter the next game and voting aganinst me starts, 3 votes and BAM im kicked from sw. They didn't say anything, no explanation , i just got kicked. Damn well I'll just search for another game and lucky me im put in the same game. I say "why did you kick me c*nts?" naturally, with the mild temper this incident has caused in me. One of them says you are troll caving. What the hell is troll caving i think to myself and BAM 3 votes kicked again. I search what it means and it looks like he means rambo caving which is something i never did. I search for antoher game and im put in the same game again, dammit. I try to ask for further explanation for their kicking aaaand 3 votes banned again. I think, to kick someone out you need to get majority of the team and let the voting go a little bit longer like a minute. I didn't even had any time to explain myself. It's just annoying that some entitled tw*ts (probably friends) can just decide who plays the game and kick people without any explanation. At least give myself some time to defend myself taleworlds.

It sounds like these people were abusing the report system, which you should speak to a developer or moderator here to get more help on it (you really should). Although this does illustrate the problems with this kind of kicking option...

As a mostly skirmish player i wanted to play some captain mode. First game i try to learn how to use cav in captain mode since im not very familiar using cav in this mode and i want to learn it. I do avarage with it game ends and we enter the next game and voting aganinst me starts, 3 votes and BAM im kicked from sw. They didn't say anything, no explanation , i just got kicked. Damn well I'll just search for another game and lucky me im put in the same game. I say "why did you kick me c*nts?" naturally, with the mild temper this incident has caused in me. One of them says you are troll caving. What the hell is troll caving i think to myself and BAM 3 votes kicked again. I search what it means and it looks like he means rambo caving which is something i never did. I search for antoher game and im put in the same game again, dammit. I try to ask for further explanation for their kicking aaaand 3 votes banned again. I think, to kick someone out you need to get majority of the team and let the voting go a little bit longer like a minute. I didn't even had any time to explain myself. It's just annoying that some entitled tw*ts (probably friends) can just decide who plays the game and kick people without any explanation. At least give myself some time to defend myself taleworlds.
I don't support kicking someone for his playstyle or skill, or lack of skill. The kick system should only be used if someone uses exploits, glitching and when acting toxic I think. But, right now players in that mode are so fed up with cav, that the kick vote button is very very lose and used or abused to kick cav players all the time. Untill TW fixes the mode, I suggest you just ignore them and join a new game. And use full cav attacks as much as possible, so people wont get angry

I remember once in pub skirmish one guy joins when our team had 2-0 and just as we are spawning for third round he says something like: "let's get them team!".
Instantly gets voted out.
Best feature added to game by far.

The kick voting is fine as is

Can't count how many times a random pub joined our team on skirmish and either started talking ****, intentionally teamhitting or both
Personally we don't kick anyone until they do one of these things or if they've gone several rounds being completely useless

Happened to me once as well, in skirmish, I even had the top score, the little sh*ts voted me out with no explanation, they were all from the same clan. I reported them post facto in the match history and contacted their clan leader and informed him about it - hopefully he does something about it, but even if not I think we're even.

Disgraceful behaviour, unacceptable and in very bad taste.

I was muted for a week for saying horse archers are homosexual:
1) Despite myself being a horse archer top of the score board.
2) Myself being homosexual.

If you want justice you have come to the wrong place.

Let me guess you went cav on hillfort? that's an instant kick, cav doesn't do anything on that map, same as going archers, also fastest way to get kicked is because the team needs more inf and people just go archer or cav not knowing how to play it.

I think kicking should be easy and we should have more than 2 kick votes per game.
I lost count to how many games I lost because of bad team mates, now I just use the kick vote and it all works just fine, Imagine waiting 5-10 mins in lobby just to lose a game because of bad team mates going cav or archer clueless on how to play it.
Kick option was needed and I welcome it

Last edited:
Let me guess you went cav on hillfort? that's an instant kick, cav doesn't do anything on that map, same as going archers, also fastest way to get kicked is because the team needs more inf and people just go archer or cav not knowing how to play it.

I think kicking should be easy and we should have more than 2 kick votes per game.
I lost count to how many games I lost because of bad team mates, now I just use the kick vote and it all works just fine, Imagine waiting 5-10 mins in lobby just to lose a game because of bad team mates goign cav or archer clueless on how to play it.
Kick option was needed and I welcome it
This behaviour is what kills the game. I'm nowhere near a new player yet i'm kind of a new player for captain mode, and yes i think the map i got kicked was hillfort.Instead of kicking without any warning or explanation you can try to warn or inform your teammate. I don't know these new captain mode maps and when vetereans do **** like this it puts off the new players, it's not like you are losing some competitive ranked game.Then you see mp players complaining about how mp mode is dying , new players come and they complain about newbies.

I don't think you can be kicked harder, all kicking is of equal intensity. Sad!
There is no such thing as kicking someone harder out of the server. Either you get kicked or you don't, anything with a time restriction would be a temp. ban and then there is the perm ban.

I was kicked more than once for being noober than others and big dudes decided I was a liabilty.
Sometimes far better players were kicked so they don't spoil a noob safespace with their dodgy pro moves.

Say what you want, it is but democracy. We do not have any other instruments for balance in BL anyway.

If in the given session most players decided that a certain controversial way of playing is unwelcome, then it is.

I've seen people try to kick for the same reason but it never got the votes, maybe they were a team stack and felt obliged to follow the salty kick instigator. Best advice for captain is to let people know your new and take some initial advice on unit choice based on their plan the team will let you know what they need and you will learn the strat on the way. Cav is a pretty role specific class in a non Rambo captain match and unfortunately a lot of people choose cav then run off and do their own thing leaving the team exposed to archers and morale loss. In hillfort as others mentioned cav unfortunately is particularly useless as the fight occurs inside a fort. I don't think another random group of players would follow through with the kick tbh, it's more of a clan stack thing and likely someone in the clans ego hangs on winning a random match against randoms, which is far sadder than an ego commenters in this thread haha, a bit of irony... Was probably an unfortunate situation, hopefully wouldn't happen often

Last edited:
Acting toxic. Going AFK. Glitching. Runners that waste time after game is lost. New or old players that don't give a **** about the rest of the team and goes solo. Tkers. Kick kick kick!

You are certainly right when you say that the early negative experience of new players, which they receive as a result of kicks from the party by more experienced players, has a bad effect on the expansion of the captains mode gaming community.
But, one should also not lose sight of the fact that this is a team game, the victory in which largely depends on the quality of the work of each team member. Players want to win games (mostly:wink:). None of them wants to once again waste 20-30 minutes of their time watching how one of the team members, to the detriment of team interests (even without realizing this fact), tries to improve his individual skills in the wrong way.
The main wrong way is to choose for the game types of troops that are very demanding on the skills of controlling them (cavalry, archers). The correct way is to take the infantry and follow the more experienced team members, gradually increasing your understanding of this game mode (well, there is also a warm-up). And, perhaps, it would be great if this was said in the Code of Conduct, wouldn't it?
And although in the overwhelming majority of cases, before the kick in the in-game chat, some attempts are made to "explain", this does not always give a result, including, as you rightly noted, due to the lack of time.
Of course, the abuse of kicks in general has a rather bad effect on the influx of new players into the captain mode. But also bad for the preservation of the game base would be affected by the unpunished disregard of individual players (and not only beginners) the rules of team behavior. And the regulation of these rules in the Code of Conduct, I am sure, would reduce the number of such cases.

Kick is a good fuction. It helps skirmish players get rid of the total useless newbies in the game.

Positive aspects: You can kick trolls,teamkillers or new players unwilling to work with the team or having no idea what they are doing.

Negative aspects: Further helps the game to lose more player base. Many players (including myself purge the game like never before) and people never open MP again.You kick and smash fairly weaker opponents.

Solution: Player base is too low to have ranked matchmaking. Implement ranked matchmaking if in 10 minutes the players can't find a match mix whatever remains of this dead community and put them into a skirmish match.

There is no going back at this point the competitive plans for this game are long gone. You will never rebuild what you once wanted to.

Well. I see many times a player with 750 wins being stacked on a team with other 750s. Meanwhile the other team got some random new players. Matchmaker is garbage. Also hilarious when I want to join a specific game with my friends with solo queue (since we don't want to stomp people) and we end up in different games. i leave and I leave, but keep getting put into the game I just left, when I know there is open spots in the other game my friends are in. Matchmaker is pretty bad. Put skirmish on server list

Or ....

We could swap teams mid game like we did in warband.

Well. I see many times a player with 750 wins being stacked on a team with other 750s. Meanwhile the other team got some random new players.

IKR!!! Matchmaking logic shall not be about "noobs vs noobs", it has to be about equal amount of goat pro masters of death in each team.

Back
Top Bottom