Khuziats are overpowered in early game campaign

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello,

I have played around 45 hours of singleplayer so far (Thank you co-vid 19 for nothing to do this week), and played since the 1.0.0, and my latest game was with 1.0.5. Here is what I have noticed, mainly in later patches after trying to fix snowballing.

Khuziat always takes territory in their first war. Always.

When at war with Khuziat, they are very difficult to beat on the open field (this is expected)

Khuziat can run away from any army approaching them, so the empire, their main neighbors, can't ever catch them in a sticky situation.

Auto-resolved sieges don't really effect Khuziats main weakness: sieges. They seem to act like everybody else.

AFter about 2-3 years in game, Khuziat has around 10-13 cities under their control, and going to war with them is suicide for an AI faction if they are the only faction fighting them.

After they get 10 cities, it is very hard to stop khuziat even if you are the faction leader. You basically have to defend a siege against them with your own massive army, which is hard to organize. You will usually end up fighting them in the open field and get massacred, or if you win your army will be punched pretty badly in the mouth.

Also there is no "aggressive expansion" dynamic, in which if one faction grows quickly it would piss off other factions and strong faction fight multiple wars. This idea doesn't exist and just lets khuziats roll over their enemies with their better armies and being able to escape from armies that would beat them.

My idea for a solution to this: lower the recruitment amount that khuziats get. It shouldnt be 500 empire v 500 khuziats, khuziats should fight outnumbered.

OR make khuziat leaders suck at siege attacks. I'm talking lvl 5 engineer for all of their clans. Also a "sally out" option where you fight near the castle if you attack an offensive siege army, this would make it hard for khuziats to maintain sieges since fighting near a castle would limit their cavalry's capability.

No. If you read all the snowballing threads you realise that not really one faction is too overpowered, but that the problem is a structural problem. I have 70 h gameplay sp and khuzanit got recked all the times.

Back
Top Bottom