Khuzaits Way To OP

Users who are viewing this thread

So I do understand that the balancing issues are going to be fixed and that this is EA and I'm not really expecting too much from TW right now. I love this game it is fun to play. Now I will get to my rant. (hoping to shed light on some issues that I would like to see fixed)

1. Being taken captive and being captured again upon release.
2. Taking lords captive (Creating armies WAY TOO QUICKLY)
3. Armies of 300+ outrunning parties of 52
4. For me the Khuzaits are always the most powerful faction on any playthrough that i do.

Any one else feel this way?

No one can legitimately refute that the Khuzaits are OP. They wreck both the northern and southern empire within the first year or two every game. Maybe the vlandians could hold them off but i can't stomach seeing that much teal on the map and restart, hoping it'll be different.

1. I've never really had much problem with this as when you're released you're fairly quick on the map compared to everyone else, just make sure you stay away from all other parties until you can get enough troops.
2. What do you mean?
3.I mean, if the army with say, 300 consists of a lot of cavalries and has a lot of horses in It's inventory then I don't see much of a problem with them outrunning smaller parties that don't have as much cavalry and horses.
4. Yeah, I'm playing Khuzaits in my current playthrough and they're really powerful, and yes maybe a bit OP. We basically stomp most of the Empire factions and Aserai.

And Sturgia always is the worst, Sturgia literally got obliterated Every Time. Vlandia is also OP by the way, in my several playthroughs, Vlandia is always kicking ass.

Khuzaits and sothern empire were the strongest oppostion in my current playthrough.
I got fed up of the southern empire constantly raiding my villages and coming back 2mins after being defeated with another army.
So i executed iirc 34 or 38 nobles the southern empires stopped being an issue and we took the rest of their lands.
Executed a few Khuzait nobles like Monchung and Mezui they sued for peace and have never been the same threat since.
Now back at war with them and i am systematically taking them apart.
bqywiDY.jpg

And Sturgia always is the worst, Sturgia literally got obliterated Every Time. Vlandia is also OP by the way, in my several playthroughs, Vlandia is always kicking ass.
IKR. Why is Sturgia so weak? They really need to rebalance some of the factions

IKR. Why is Sturgia so weak? They really need to rebalance some of the factions
I wanna know, too, I didn't do much research on that, it's just based on my observation in my playthrough, I think it has something to do with the AI lords of Sturgia, also their troop stats are so screwed that some of them makes 0 sense, the terrain and the locations of the settlements and castles are bad, too.

I wanna know, too, I didn't do much research on that, it's just based on my observation in my playthrough, I think it has something to do with the AI lords of Sturgia, also their troop stats are so screwed that some of them makes 0 sense, the terrain and the locations of the settlements and castles are bad, too.

Sturgian troops aren't bad after recent changes to their stats and shield use (they now have the strongest recruits as one example). The problem mostly was, and entirely now is: Raganvad.

Raganvad is the Civ Gandi of Bannerlord, he declares war on as many factions as he can afford at all times. Raganvad wants blood.

...and so Sturgia usually gets obliterated.

Sturgian troops aren't bad after recent changes to their stats and shield use (they now have the strongest recruits as one example). The problem mostly was, and entirely now is: Raganvad.

Raganvad is the Civ Gandi of Bannerlord, he declares war on as many factions as he can afford at all times. Raganvad wants blood.

...and so Sturgia usually gets obliterated.
I'm still on 1.2. I agree with you on Sturgian war declaration, it's insane, even obviously Sturgia got destroyed, it won't call a truce with anyone, Raganvad fights until the last drop of blood.

So I do understand that the balancing issues are going to be fixed and that this is EA and I'm not really expecting too much from TW right now. I love this game it is fun to play. Now I will get to my rant. (hoping to shed light on some issues that I would like to see fixed)

1. Being taken captive and being captured again upon release.
2. Taking lords captive (Creating armies WAY TOO QUICKLY)
3. Armies of 300+ outrunning parties of 52
4. For me the Khuzaits are always the most powerful faction on any playthrough that i do.

Any one else feel this way?

The one issue with Khuzaits I noticed is - the mounted archers are too accurate and long reaching. They are more accurate and have a longer reach than battanians.
Make a custom battle, say 200 batannian archers vs 100 khuzait horse archers in a desert and see for yourself.

No one can legitimately refute that the Khuzaits are OP. They wreck both the northern and southern empire within the first year or two every game. Maybe the vlandians could hold them off but i can't stomach seeing that much teal on the map and restart, hoping it'll be different.
I am exactly the same way!

1. I've never really had much problem with this as when you're released you're fairly quick on the map compared to everyone else, just make sure you stay away from all other parties until you can get enough troops.
2. What do you mean?
3.I mean, if the army with say, 300 consists of a lot of cavalries and has a lot of horses in It's inventory then I don't see much of a problem with them outrunning smaller parties that don't have as much cavalry and horses.
4. Yeah, I'm playing Khuzaits in my current playthrough and they're really powerful, and yes maybe a bit OP. We basically stomp most of the Empire factions and Aserai.
#2 is lords dont stay in captivity long enough and they can create armies way too fast. Mochung was captured by my party and escaped after 1 day. found him in a settlement 5 in game hours later with 150 troops....

The Sturgian feat basically doesn't exist in the game right now, but when the bug (or really 'feature') is fixed then Sturgia will get some much-needed campaign help.

But yeah, Khuzait are way too OP.

Sturgia straight up commits suicide by war. This tends to result from them loosing some territory early and instead of acting defensively their nobles just go for the nearest battle, and since they are at war with almost everyone they inevitably loose.

Sturgia straight up commits suicide by war. This tends to result from them loosing some territory early and instead of acting defensively their nobles just go for the nearest battle, and since they are at war with almost everyone they inevitably loose.
I have also noticed the party sizes of the Sturgians are around 750 Max which is not bad but compared to the 2k+ i see khuzaits marching around they are no match for really anyone....

On the flip side they are by far the best to merc for.
They would be but I have actually come to hate them so much that I would never Merc for them :/..... Also i dont want to help them take over the map. I always join the opposite faction they are at war with to help prevent them from taking over and snowballing.

Having to rush an army and help the Northern Empire to stop the Khuzait from snowballing every playthrough is so annoying. TW needs to add the terrain effects that are in the game code but not 'on' the map (desert, snow, etc.) and add additional food consumption for pack animals and horses at a bare minimum. Then change the Khuzait feat to be -30% less food consumed by animals or something ('Pastoral Traditions'). Campaign movement speed is too strong and their feat plus T2 cavalry make them way over the top since they only fight battles they can win and are never at a disadvantage.

Back
Top Bottom