Khuzait Solution

Users who are viewing this thread

LDominating

Regular
Enough is enough!
Khuzait can now steamroll the entire map again.
If not even 50 Fians can't deal against 60 HA of their size,R.I.P Bannerlord.

Remove this cancerous faction,feedback from 90% of the community.
That or nerf them until they are finally balanced.

Remove T2 HA make it infantry.
Require ONLY Khuzait lords to need horses.
Remove 1 quiver from all of their ranged troops.
Remove Glaives and any other 2 handed from them.
Remove Horse armor.
Reduce Body Armor,lower their Bow skills.

Like at this point you're beign racist to Slavs and Nordic people(irl) by mocking them with 24 armor for T4 units with that ****ty ass faction you call Sturgia.
Be better.

Edit: Since cannonically Khuzait's cancer.
Executing their lords will increase relationships with anyone,including their own.

Autoresolve battles (which is all AI vs AI fights are) don't take troop equipment or skills into account, so changing those things won't stop Khuzaits from "steamrolling the map". Some of your proposed nerfs which would affect their map performance, though, like making only Khuzaits need horses to upgrade, are way too harsh and I'm hoping are a joke.

However that aside, you're right that Khuzait armies do need a nerf in real battles anyway for the player's sake, and Sturgia certainly needs a buff.

Khan's Guard are the most overpowered unit in the game, being both the best ranged cav, best melee cav, AND best melee infantry. I would definitely love to see Khan's Guard get their glaives replaced with a much worse melee weapon. And swinging polearms in general should have their damage significantly reduced. Also, it should be more difficult to recruit noble troops, they're way too common despite theoretically being elite.

Armor becoming more effective against ranged attacks will also be a big nerf to Khuzaits in real battles as so many of their units are ranged, to the point that doing many more nerfs may not be necessary.

Last edited:
Enough is enough!
I'm not saying you're lying but I'm wondering: what do you do in your playthroughs? Who do you target? Who do you merc or vassal for?

Because in my playthroughs and about 3 different tests to make sure death in autocalc didn't **** the game up, the Khuzaits have not snowballed. It might be knock-on effects that cause it somehow, I'm not sure.

I'm not saying you're lying but I'm wondering: what do you do in your playthroughs? Who do you target? Who do you merc or vassal for?

Because in my playthroughs and about 3 different tests to make sure death in autocalc didn't **** the game up, the Khuzaits have not snowballed. It might be knock-on effects that cause it somehow, I'm not sure.
Fck me,dude.
I'm playing SE right now,which is the 2nd option that checks Khuzait from time to time!
But dude...holy ****,they took Morenia Castle and Lavenia Castle without even noticing!
Their HA outshoot my Crossbowmen,literally getting shot by 120+ meters.

This is so stupid!
And you barrely get anything from defeating them.
1 big fight against Battania or Empire and you can get easily 10K gold.
But against Khuzait?
Always losing money!

I get more money from trading freaking Grains.
This is so frustrating at this point.
I had already given up on multiple Sturgian campaign because they took Tyal without even noticing.

Dont pay attention to him, this gentleman constantly demands some simplifications of the gameplay in an expressive manner.

Enough is enough!

Remove this cancerous faction,feedback from 90% of the community.
That or nerf them until they are finally balanced.

Remove T2 HA make it infantry.
Require ONLY Khuzait lords to need horses.
Remove 1 quiver from all of their ranged troops.
Remove Glaives and any other 2 handed from them.
Remove Horse armor.
Reduce Body Armor,lower their Bow skills.

Like at this point you're beign racist to Slavs and Nordic people(irl) by mocking them with 24 armor for T4 units with that ****ty ass faction you call Sturgia.
Be better.

Edit: Since cannonically Khuzait's cancer.
Executing their lords will increase relationships with anyone,including their own.
Also, Sturgia gather armies around Varcheg, Revyl, or Omor when Khuzaits declare war to them lol...

I am fighting as an empire and I haven't had a HUGE problem with the khuzaites.
1 / Yes, I played for a long time.
2. Yes, the most difficult mode.
You're exaggerating, man, but yes, the balance is wrong.

Its all about the fact they can easily amass cavalry and win autocalc. Not much else to it.

What I'd do is actually make their tiers lower for them. You get a lot of cavalry, however they are more lightly armoured than most. Make their horses a little weaker too. From what I understand, steppe breeds had the advantage in logistics- from a tactical standpoint they were small and not very quick.

Its all about the fact they can easily amass cavalry and win autocalc. Not much else to it.

What I'd do is actually make their tiers lower for them. You get a lot of cavalry, however they are more lightly armoured than most. Make their horses a little weaker too. From what I understand, steppe breeds had the advantage in logistics- from a tactical standpoint they were small and not very quick.
It wasn't clear originally but he's talking about in tactical battles.

My second point still works for that imo.

But I do think fixing armour would be the biggest help.
Yea Steppe Horses,usually called ponies were slower and weaker than European and Middle Easterner horses.
However it was said they never tired,endless stamina.
Perfect for shepards and nomadic lifestyle.

They need to fight fire with fire! Make Heavy Cav and Javelin Cav good against HA! Make foot archer better at firing on the HA circle. They do okay against large HA formation because they're packed in, but once it's fewer they waste a silly amount of arrows trying to shoot a few HA.

There's no doubt KG are the best, but I have big problem with how much other t6 units (besides fians) totally suck and can't kill anything and die all the time to anything. They need to make every other units better, not nerf KKG or khuzait faction. Likewise, every other weapon sucks on horseback and it's been a huge complaint ever since MP beta, TW needs to stop being stubborn and change the longness of common mounted weapons and re-train the bots on how they use them!

IMO aside from HA, sharpshooter and fians, every unit in bannerlord is much much worse then it's warband equivalent and that's just not okay. I don't want to play a game where all the units suck and die constantly, which is what it will be if TW just nerf the functional units and don't greatly improve the others.

They need to make every other units better, not nerf KKG or khuzait faction
They need to do both. Buff other units AND nerf K.K.G.
Khan's Guard shouldn't be doing such amazing damage with melee weapons - considering they're the best horse archers out of the T6 units, it should have a tradeoff of worse melee performance than all other T6 units.
Likewise, every other weapon sucks on horseback and it's been a huge complaint ever since MP beta, TW needs to stop being stubborn and change the longness of common mounted weapons and re-train the bots on how they use them!
Again, yes other weapons suck on horseback, but unless you buff the other options to ridiculous unrealistic-looking levels, glaives will still be too good. So a combination of nerfs and buffs is needed.
IMO aside from HA, sharpshooter and fians, every unit in bannerlord is much much worse then it's warband equivalent and that's just not okay. I don't want to play a game where all the units suck and die constantly, which is what it will be if TW just nerf the functional units and don't greatly improve the others.
Agreed. Higher tier units should perform better.
BUT they also shouldn't be machine gunners who mow down armies of lower tiers with ease. IMO, individual Swadian Knights being able to kill like 20 recruits swarming them at once was too much. T6 units should only be able to take on 6 recruits at the same time (or 3 T2s, 2 T3s, etc).

Yea Steppe Horses,usually called ponies were slower and weaker than European and Middle Easterner horses.
However it was said they never tired,endless stamina.
Perfect for shepards and nomadic lifestyle.
Well, since stamina is not a thing in Bannerlord, I see no issue with just making Khuzait horses weaker than the horses of other factions. Make them more common, but not all that great.

They need to do both. Buff other units AND nerf K.K.G.
Khan's Guard shouldn't be doing such amazing damage with melee weapons - considering they're the best horse archers out of the T6 units, it should have a tradeoff of worse melee performance than all other T6 units.

Again, yes other weapons suck on horseback, but unless you buff the other options to ridiculous unrealistic-looking levels, glaives will still be too good. So a combination of nerfs and buffs is needed.

Agreed. Higher tier units should perform better.
BUT they also shouldn't be machine gunners who mow down armies of lower tiers with ease. IMO, individual Swadian Knights being able to kill like 20 recruits swarming them at once was too much. T6 units should only be able to take on 6 recruits at the same time (or 3 T2s, 2 T3s, etc).
I just checked out stats again, and I don't understand why the Khan's Guard get to have superior polearm stats to the likes of Druzhinnik Champions and Vanguard Faris. That should be reduced.

I think t6= 6 t1s is really boring though. It might not be as realistic, but its more fun for strong units to feel seriously strong. I'd make them more expensive though.

I just checked out stats again, and I don't understand why the Khan's Guard get to have superior polearm stats to the likes of Druzhinnik Champions and Vanguard Faris. That should be reduced.
You can swap them and nothing changes. Those weapon skills might as well be placebo in most cases.

Or you can just give druzhniks glaives and they'll perform as well as KGs.

You can swap them and nothing changes. Those weapon skills might as well be placebo in most cases.

First thing is buffing Sturgian Spearmen and reverting to the old Shock Troops.
Actually buffing Sturgian on all troops.
Riders,Brigands,Woodsmen,Archers,Line Breakers.

Or bardiches.

Yeah, I would also amp the bonuses from skills up as well while I'm at it.

Back
Top Bottom