Users who are viewing this thread

aegar666

Recruit
Hey guys,

I'll try to make this as constructive as possible, though I'm not really good at that...
I don't think the Khuzaits are too strong or broken, BUT the issue is with AI decision making:
I just had a giant fight lets say around 2.3k vlandiand vs 1.2k khuzait troops.
It happened as follows:
1. 2 armies of about 2k vlandian troops attack the khuzait army
2. I reinforce them with my 227 men of top-tier troops (lets say around 100 sharpshooters)
3. the allied captains decide to form a deffensive ring and keep their archers in the middle, pretty much making them pointless
4. allied captains don't make any decisions for the rest of the fight, sitting in a deffensive ring, leting the enemy rain arrows on them
5. Khuzait win with around 400 men lost on their part, while allies had: 1k deaths, 1k "broken"
Are there any plans to actually improve the AI decision making on battlefields? Because they're as dumb as they come...
I can easily destroy armies of around 600 men with my 200 troops, just because the AI just rushes towards me.

Hey guys,

I'll try to make this as constructive as possible, though I'm not really good at that...
I don't think the Khuzaits are too strong or broken, BUT the issue is with AI decision making:
I just had a giant fight lets say around 2.3k vlandiand vs 1.2k khuzait troops.
It happened as follows:
1. 2 armies of about 2k vlandian troops attack the khuzait army
2. I reinforce them with my 227 men of top-tier troops (lets say around 100 sharpshooters)
3. the allied captains decide to form a deffensive ring and keep their archers in the middle, pretty much making them pointless
4. allied captains don't make any decisions for the rest of the fight, sitting in a deffensive ring, leting the enemy rain arrows on them
5. Khuzait win with around 400 men lost on their part, while allies had: 1k deaths, 1k "broken"
Are there any plans to actually improve the AI decision making on battl efields? Because they're as dumb as they come...
I can easily destroy armies of around 600 men with my 200 troops, just because the AI just rushes towards me.

A similar thread was posted yesterday:
Armies need to stop charging when 1 troop dies to arrows

Anyway, your account:

Are you saying you wanted your allies to rush the Khuzaits, yeah? But you can win outnumbered three to one when the AI rushes you?

A similar thread was posted yesterday:
Armies need to stop charging when 1 troop dies to arrows

Anyway, your account:

Are you saying you wanted your allies to rush the Khuzaits, yeah? But you can win outnumbered three to one when the AI rushes you?
Hey Apocal,
at some point it would make the most sense to push them, yes. Their infantry and archers were fairly close and I'm 100% sure we could beat them easily. Once we would kill them, the horsemen wouldn't pose much of a threat.
Also about that similar thread you posted, it is indeed a problem. I just put my archers infront of my infantry and just kill 30-40% of the enemy troops before they even get close (sharpshooters ftw).
However the allied army in my case didn't do that for some reason...
Also, I CAN win while being outnumbered 3:1 though I don't think I could beat that army on my own. Big battles tend to be far too messy and when I can command all the troops, I usually always win with very few casualties, which I can't say is the case when the AI is in charge.

Actualy rushing AI is far better then existing.

When AI tries to do "smart things" it just ruins everything like in your example.
Agreed, rushing is good (though not always), especially in this case. The khuzaits have cav supperiority, while vlandians have great archers and infantry. The AI should take this into account - somehow and play his cards better or whatever the expression is.

I faced the same problem as Sturgia. I was forced to autocalc some huge battles becouse my allies performed so god damn aweful.

It was 2000 to 1500 battle. In battle we lost horribly despite 1:5 kill count of my squad, but in autocalc it was ez win

Back
Top Bottom