Khuzait Lords

Users who are viewing this thread

I do not even have to type in "blonde" while searching for images of Turkic people to find blonde folk...

So, I am Turkish too, what about it?

Calling me a _ SJW makes for an awful argument.

I do not need any unhistorical, twisted, racist "purification" of any fictional faction.

Last edited:
I just find it annoying that there are racial discrepancies between the concept art and actual gameplay. Either each faction has an initial racial look and lordly marriages change that, or it's a mixing pot from the start. Don't pretend with the art and then fail to deliver.

Could it be that there's some placeholder names and faces in the Work in Progress footage? Even if it was more uniform in previous WIP footage, they may have gone back to placeholders for some reason.
Personally I hope it's the second one, that the footage is from later in the game and over time marriage and defections and the natural intermixing of people along the borders has led to more varying ethnicities emerging. Historically, no one has moved around and intermarried as much and over as long distances as the nobility, so it would make sense that given time, ethnic boundaries would begin to dissolve amongst the upper classes.

Maybe TW went ''Let's not go the route of Kingdom Come: Deliverance'' and be deemed racists by mainstream media for not having female warriors and black guys in Bohemia during the 1400s.

They promised female warriors in Battania regular troops even before KCD.
About all colour in all factions....well it is confusing. Having them one-colour would help to track alliances (since we are speaking of nobles and not commoners that can marry without political problems) that will be made during the game....after all some factions are new. For example you can have half Battania and half imperial guy now but until few decades ago imperial nobles were hunting and killing battanian rebels so why they should marry.

They promised female warriors in Battania regular troops even before KCD.
About all colour in all factions....well it is confusing. Having them one-colour would help to track alliances (since we are speaking of nobles and not commoners that can marry without political problems) that will be made during the game....after all some factions are new. For example you can have half Battania and half imperial guy now but until few decades ago imperial nobles were hunting and killing battanian rebels so why they should marry.

For many reasons. People don't always work as tribal units. Maybe the elite of former Battanian lands has been integrated to imperial society. Maybe a Battanian rebel fled to the imperial fold after a failed coup. Maybe marriages were made to seal a peace treaty that didn't last. Maybe some tragic couple fell in love despite the war between their peoples.
The factions have colour, to signify where an NPC owes their allegiance to. If there's an outlining NPC who is implied to have mixed parentage, well, there's a million plausible explanations. I would be disappointed if the look of the NPCs was completely randomized, clearly there are different ethnic groups that are dominant in at least some of the various kingdoms of Calradia and that should be reflected.

Maybe TW went ''Let's not go the route of Kingdom Come: Deliverance'' and be deemed racists by mainstream media for not having female warriors and black guys in Bohemia during the 1400s.
And they would do this by... turning Central Asians into blue eyed white people? Hate to break it to you, but that's usually how one gets deemed a racist, not the solution to it. Trying to spin an anti-SJW argument out of this is pointless politicizing.

And they would do this by... turning Central Asians into blue eyed white people? Hate to break it to you, but that's usually how one gets deemed a racist, not the solution to it. Trying to spin an anti-SJW argument out of this is pointless politicizing.
Exactly, a multi-cultural and varied look within all factions to not grind any SJW gears. And I don't really see your point as evidently not everyone in the Khuzait looks like blue-eyed white people, just a handful (including your character if you make it such).

Last edited:
Everybody calm down, haha. I took this screenshot in a captain mode game today, and it might help with this discussion.
These are my troops and they have randomized faces, and they all look pretty khuzait to me. I don't think lords' face generation will be any different than this.
ea8159c71eecd65a3d492a2ba2de2471.jpg

Again I'd most likely be considered one of those "SJWs" people are discussing here, so I definitely don't have a problem with women or people of different ethnicity being shown as lords. My major problem was with the distinction between the two images, the discrepancies in how the lords look as a whole. If you pay attention to the first image, you'll find that some of the lords are not black haired Asiatic looking peoples there as well. But they're definitely the minority within the group, and are also wearing Khuzait armor. I just wanted to express my dissapointment that the new lords don't look as cool as the ones in the first image that's all ://

I do not even have to type in "blonde" while searching for images of Turkic people to find blonde folk...

So, I am Turkish too, what about it?

Calling me a _ SJW makes for an awful argument.

I do not need any unhistorical, twisted, racist "purification" of any fictional faction.

I'm not sure if your not reading my answer deliberately or not, but as I explained previously, present day Turks are sometimes blonde and Caucasian because they have been intermixing with ethnic minorities in the Caucasus, Anatolia, and the Balkans for literally a millennium. If you look into the lore of the Khuzait in the devblog,you'll find that their migration into Calradia occurred merely a generation or two ago. That is not enough time for their to be as much intermixing as seen in the image. Personally I was convinced by someone else on this thread's argument that they were most likely children of border lords, such as Yana, who is canonically the daughter of a Khuzait-Sturgian noble couple.

I assure you i am not trying to romanticize Turkic culture, nor am I attempting to purify the Khuzait in some weird fictional racism.

Also I had also noticed that Khuzait faction troops in captain mode looked Khuzait, but I'm not sure if that really effects the lords in the single player at all.

Exactly, a multi-cultural and varied look within all factions to not grind any SJW gears. And I don't really see your point as evidently not everyone in the Khuzait looks like blue-eyed white people, just a handful (including your character if you make it such).

Variation within and a plurality of overlapping cultures? Absolutely. That would both better reflect actual societies and not "grind any gears." But putting white people into a visibly Central Asian setting without any explanation could be seen as whitewashing, which is such an old and familiar topic that no one trying to court political points would accidentally stoop to that. Therefore, I see no way in which this could be a politically motivated design choice. Most likely it is a simple question of intermarriage, nobles switching lieges or another product of the game mechanics. Not everything is done to pander to the left.

Back
Top Bottom