Khuzait imbalance needs to stop

Users who are viewing this thread

They are like the bullies of the game. I get that there is often an imbalance of power in real life, but this is a game and balance is important! They keep snowballing. This has to be fixed! It's so stupid. Are there any mods that fix this balance issue?

Last edited:
How many games have you run in this patch and you noticed a khuzait problem?

There is a very interesting topic for this here. The last pages discuss the results for 1.5.10 and 1.5.11.
Check below for the relevant data

Thanks for the data! Heres what it turned out.

THhcj.png

Or1MR.png

Of course this is only one test so it might not be representative of the patch, but it does look like we are a bit under what "seems to feel right". Using 1.5.6 as a guide I think a good spot to be in is when you have 30% or less wars that are shorter than a season (orange, red and grey on the chart). You can see on 1.5.11 we are at about 40%.

I also wanted to point out the kingdom win % and how that has changed over the patches, I think its a great sign for overall balance.

l0GSR.png

U8-dI.png

I really like what i see in 1.5.11, to me good balance here is having everyone between 25% - 75%, so there are still clear winners but no one that is guaranteed to always win. It's great to see Khuzait come down from almost 100% to around 60% and to not see anyone below 30%.

Just so people understand if you did do this, war lengths would increase to the levels seen in 1.5.0. Where wars are multi year events. Back then snowballing was a major issue and long wars attributed to it, maybe now that snowballing has been fixed we can test out longer wars.

What patch? They never fixed this! They don't intend to fix this. Taleworlds is a game company that says one thing and either does another or just does it half asked. We're talking the people that didn't have a release date or see the importance in utilizing established project management techniques. They don't have a team that determines root causes. They don't have a system diagnosis. They don't care what their fans think. This is just a pet project for them.

How can you derail your own post? Talk to a wall dude
My question. Is there a mod that does the rebalance? Because Taleworlds is not doing it. I'm still getting snowballed.

As for your charts, I will say, they're very nice. Lots of data. I don't understand one bit of them. Now, you can call me stupid. That's fine. But stupid is as stupid does, and what stupid does is try to pretend they understand things they don't. Well, I don't understand anything in those charts.

I read the posts from the Taleworlds developer and it really just boils down to "We don't know how to fix this and we don't care. We don't see it as a problem."

Last edited:
The Khuzait imbalance is in their troop tree. Is the only faction that can spam horse archers at T2, while the empire can only recruit cavalry at T5. If someday they change their troop tree, all the khuzait hate is gone. By the way, the battanians also have the same problem, but in this case, with archer recruitment.

The Khuzait imbalance is in their troop tree. Is the only faction that can spam horse archers at T2, while the empire can only recruit cavalry at T5. If someday they change their troop tree, all the khuzait hate is gone. By the way, the battanians also have the same problem, but in this case, with archer recruitment.
Thank you. So we have a troop tree problem. So if we put them to T3, that would already make a big difference. Or rebalanced them to do less damage or be less accurate... I wonder if that would make a difference. Or their troop trees respond more to the supply of horses. That's the one that baffled me. What do you think? I know python coding, but C# isn't too different... I hope....

I really haven’t seen this as a problem since mid-way through the 1.5s. The Aserai and Sturgians seem to bottle them up pretty well now.

Thank you. So we have a troop tree problem. So if we put them to T3, that would already make a big difference. Or rebalanced them to do less damage or be less accurate... I wonder if that would make a difference. Or their troop trees respond more to the supply of horses. That's the one that baffled me. What do you think? I know python coding, but C# isn't too different... I hope....

The first step is that the AI should pay for horse upgrades as the player do. They don't. This is one of the hateful mechanics of this game. And this is why the Khuzaits can spam high tier horsemen like no one. The troop tree is only a part of the problem. Another problem is that there is no anti-cav infantry, thanks to the MP lobby spearmen & pikemen are trash. Not only they do ridiculous low damage, it's impossible to land a hit at close range. And the last one is the troop tree. Every faction should have access to basic horsemen, archers and infantry. Autoresolve also favors cavalry at calculations.

Some say that Khuzaits are not snowballing but that is not true. They steamroll every enemy army they found but they can't keep the new settlements due to rebellions. It was a bandaid, but the problem persists. There is imbalance between the factions troop tree but I don't think they are going to change it.

I did use succession before to balance things. And it works like a dream to rebalance. Unfortunately, I can't get it to work right now.

I did use succession before to balance things. And it works like a dream to rebalance. Unfortunately, I can't get it to work right now.
Try diplomacy, it was working for me on 1.5.9. Also calradia expanded - kingdoms is nice because it splits up all the kingdoms from the start so they are much smaller and slower to grow.

I play as the sturgians and we're getting steam rolled.
Sturgia is one of the weakest factions in the game, they experience with every patch a nerf, the big question is why TW hates Sturgia so much meanwhile the empire troop tree outturns all except the Khuzait troop tree.
If you look back to Warband, you will notice every faction had a very good unit like the Swadians had good cav, Nords good inf, Khergit good bows and ofc Rhodoks with their crossbows, in BL its all messed up, Empire has a ton of options, bows crossbows, cav and inf for every kind of battle, Sturgia has bad inf, Vlandia has good but still worse cav and archery compared to the empire, and i think its not needed to mentioning Aserai in any aspect, thats the factions wich is the reason for including camels.

Khuzaits don't snowball in new games any more than other factions do. They haven't since 1.5.6 or 1.5.7 or so.

They will still snowball occasionally, which is why some people still complain. But no more than other factions, and sometimes they even get blitzed themselves.

In fact, it's rare for any faction to truly snowball any more. Rebellions and balancing fixes have made it so that in most playthroughs, it takes a very long time for any single faction to become overwhelmingly dominant.

But confirmation bias and all, because they did used to be dominant, some people will see every instance of them becoming dominant and assume it is still a universal truth. Which it isn't.

But confirmation bias and all, because they did used to be dominant, some people will see every instance of them becoming dominant and assume it is still a universal truth. Which it isn't.

No ****! Some people only want to whine regardless of the proof they have in front of them

Back
Top Bottom