Khuzait are op

Users who are viewing this thread

I will say that steppes bandits are quite the plague, they've taken a toll on my caravans and I can't even reach villagers in time to help them before they mulch them.

But I don't think your right about the arrows of the Khuzaits, their higher level horse archers (tier 4 & 5?) have two bundles of arrows. The tradeoff is that they only have a sword and no shield.
the tier 6 only has 1 bundle of arrows without shield still :sad:

Please nerf this stupid faction. Horse archers are insanely OP in battle and there's no way to reliably catch them on the campaign map or outrun them. They are all kinds of dumb, and the fact that you kill them and they respawn with horse archers and just merge right up into another freight train army is just plain stupid. Every playthrough means I need to rush to the Northern Empire as a merc and help them to stop Khuzait from snowballing. I should've written this playthrough off when Khuzait stealth-sieged Myzea right before Northern Empire peaced out. I knew it was doomed.

Their start location and geography are 100% safe, their economy is possibly the strongest, their units are the strongest, their abilities are the strongest, etc. etc. etc. Tired of playing whack-a-mole against these guys. Just had Monchug declare war and be on my doorstep sieging with a 1300-man army in less than two days (oh, and horse archers are OP in sieges too). C'mon.

Originally I wanted to play as them then I realized it's just EZ-mode so now I have to do everything I can to eradicate them.

I won't even get into ancillary buffs like not having to worry as much about influence or food because they spend so much less time marching.

Typical scenario: Khuzait declares war. Rush back to towns and castles and see where the stealth freight train of 1000 horses arrives. Go there and hope you're there in time. They pack up and leave and outrun you unless the AI runs into a corner. Now they are sieging somewhere else on the other side of the map. Well, write that one off. Rinse and repeat.
While i do have them get op quiet often. the khuzait have 3 big weaknesses that ive seen. Empire archers Rip them apart if you got enough, palatine ( palpatine? ) archers can knock them down easily in number, crossbows work well to for taking out their mounts. Lance/spear cav can hurt them alot to. Spearmen of course is obvious,a line of spearmen would be able to take down a full charge but horse archers dont full charge. Sheild wall and circle formation, This makes horse archers near useless untill you break formation, this has been my go to tactic for dealing with them when i have to fight them. now if you want a faction that is STUPID . The aserai. They have such a heavy number of spear units early that its near impossible to foot battle or seige them even with superior numbers. I was part of a southern empire army, 700 strong, seiging a 300 strength castle.. They destroyed us taking only 200 losses. their spearmen shredded everyone cause they could mass jab. and in a feild battle its even worse cuase they can just jabby jabby. But thats just my opinion. and to each their own.

I have played them before and i will agree horse archers make the game easy, And if you know how to micro manage them, you can use a group of 40 horse archers to decimate anything they come across

I will say that steppes bandits are quite the plague, they've taken a toll on my caravans and I can't even reach villagers in time to help them before they mulch them.

But I don't think your right about the arrows of the Khuzaits, their higher level horse archers (tier 4 & 5?) have two bundles of arrows. The tradeoff is that they only have a sword and no shield.
They don't use a sword they use a spear and in close combat they are terrible. Get in close with a two hander or a two handed pole weapon and tear them a new one or if you've got a long enough 1 hander that works too. I've used Imperial Bucellarii against them and the Khuzait have an issue with beating them because Bucellarii use heavier armor and have warmounts that are harder to take down.

Ah yes, the two-handed polearm. When I use it, I can't help but feel like one of those overpowered characters from the Chinese historical fantasy fiction of Three Kingdoms like Guan Yu or Zhao Yun.

Of course, beating off waves of Horse Archers usually calls for leading a detachment of your own cavalry into their numbers whilst you swing about with your polearm. Good way to dull their charge.

There is a simple way to counter horse archers for open field battles. You have to have atleast 15-20 cavalry. Ask your cavalry to follow you. Then get them to the right side of the horse archers. They can only shoot towards left side. Get closer from right side. Once you are close enough they'll draw sword. That is the moment they are doomed. Just hunt them one by one. Even if they don't draw their swords they'll try to escape from you while you are chasing them from their blind side. So they won't be able to attack your infantry. Your archers will shoot them too. That's it, no more kuzhait menace for you. ? But of course there is a disadvantage. You won't be able to command your troops while you are going after the horse archers. So try finishing them off as quick as possible.

Why empire isn't a problem? Has horse archers too.
Because the empire is stupid and doesn't spam them like Khuzait. I've said it before and I'll say it again the Imperial Bucellarii are one of the best troops in the game. But to offset that you have to provide them with a warmount to fully level up. So losing one sux, but man are they good at skirmishing.

Please nerf this stupid faction. Horse archers are insanely OP in battle and there's no way to reliably catch them on the campaign map or outrun them. They are all kinds of dumb, and the fact that you kill them and they respawn with horse archers and just merge right up into another freight train army is just plain stupid. Every playthrough means I need to rush to the Northern Empire as a merc and help them to stop Khuzait from snowballing. I should've written this playthrough off when Khuzait stealth-sieged Myzea right before Northern Empire peaced out. I knew it was doomed.

Their start location and geography are 100% safe, their economy is possibly the strongest, their units are the strongest, their abilities are the strongest, etc. etc. etc. Tired of playing whack-a-mole against these guys. Just had Monchug declare war and be on my doorstep sieging with a 1300-man army in less than two days (oh, and horse archers are OP in sieges too). C'mon.

Originally I wanted to play as them then I realized it's just EZ-mode so now I have to do everything I can to eradicate them.

I won't even get into ancillary buffs like not having to worry as much about influence or food because they spend so much less time marching.

Typical scenario: Khuzait declares war. Rush back to towns and castles and see where the stealth freight train of 1000 horses arrives. Go there and hope you're there in time. They pack up and leave and outrun you unless the AI runs into a corner. Now they are sieging somewhere else on the other side of the map. Well, write that one off. Rinse and repeat.
They always get decimated to the point of extinction and you want them nerfed? smh

now if you want a faction that is STUPID . The aserai.
the aseria ironically are bad in deserts because its mostly open field and archers destroy them before their infantry even reachs you they become easier than looters in deserts...
but if they reached u in imperial lands ooof ya would be hard to deal with

Khuzaits and Sturgians are by far the weakest two factions in this game. Both get destroyed early on in every playthrough I did so far, the Sturgians being normally the first to go. Rebalancing those two factions should be the focus of the devs for future patches. Vlandia, the Empire, the Battanians and even the Aserai are pretty much on a completely different level.

the aseria ironically are bad in deserts because its mostly open field and archers destroy them before their infantry even reachs you they become easier than looters in deserts...
but if they reached u in imperial lands ooof ya would be hard to deal with
agreed, archers can shred them, but if your using a cav heavy army or try to martch your infantry in first, their mass of spear units shreds you like tissue paper on sand paper, its bad XD

Khuzaits and Sturgians are by far the weakest two factions in this game. Both get destroyed early on in every playthrough I did so far, the Sturgians being normally the first to go. Rebalancing those two factions should be the focus of the devs for future patches. Vlandia, the Empire, the Battanians and even the Aserai are pretty much on a completely different level.
See for me its sturgia and the south empire Every time, they get battered hard. and its normaly vlandia that wipes out sturgia and the khuziat that wipes out the south empire.

Not really.
I like to play with archers and I've never had problems with dumb horse cavalry.
I sh1t on the Khuzaits on every playthrough.
Agreed, if you have archers that can do good ranged damage most Khergit horse archer units pretty much melt. The Khergits are a 1 trick pony, overmap speed and not much else. They're annoying if you're weak but by the time you can put together a good archery line, they're really not much to worry about because most of that famous horse archer zergswarm is just masses of low tier scrubs running around on stunted horses..

Khergit horse archers aren't even all that good, they just get them at a lower tier than anyone else so they can zerg the unsuspecting with them but that's about it. If you're ready for them you won't lose an even strength fight to them very often.

The only faction that really scares me is the Battanians. Battanians can be terrifying. Everything else, I expect to win a fair fight as long as I use tactics that play to my own strengths. Especially with a good core of Imperial archers, which are among the best balanced units in the game.

I've seen them lose once in probably 20+ starts. Data collected by others confirms them as one of the strongest factions.

If you seriously think Khuzait is one of the weakest factions in the game then you're really delusional.

I've seen them lose once in probably 20+ starts. Data collected by others confirms them as one of the strongest factions.

If you seriously think Khuzait is one of the weakest factions in the game then you're really delusional.
multiple people here have had easy time with the khuzait. It all depends on how the ai works in YOUR game. in my game the batannians. sturgians, and south empire get brutalized easily. the khuzait some tiems snow balls, and others gets picked on by the aserai. the only two constnat large kingdomes i normaly have by day 700 is vlandia and aserai. but others have diffrent kingdomes . it is allllll RNG. its random

AI HA rush ahead of their ground units and die to archers easily. Don't have archers? Ride up to them and wack em with a polearm, they're just as easy to kill up close as any cavalry. In fact all Cav is a joke because you can kite them away from their army and gang bang em with yours.
You must be the 0-f1-f3 type.

AI never ever EVER manages to get too many high tier troops and even if they did they don't have the brains to make more then 30% HA, so there's no way you can be having a problem if you made an actual army and aren't trying to force sum dum **** that doesn't work.
Like of for example "I want a whole army of 2 handed berserkers SO COOL.... aaaaw man they get killed by OP archer not fair" that's ****ing dum ****.

Also gotta say, if you're in any way relying on live field battles with the AI of you faction, just don't. It's always in your favor to make a high tier solid army to use in the field ALONE and let the AI army fight it out with auto calc. They're all bad, their troops are bad, they were all bad in warband....... let them do their thing and you do yours.

Last edited:
AI HA rush ahead of their ground units and die to archers easily. Don't have archers? Ride up to them and wack em with a polearm, they're just as easy to kill up close as any cavalry. In fact all Cav is a joke because you can kite them away from their army and gang bang em with yours.
You must be the 0-f1-f3 type.

AI never ever EVER manages to get too many high tier troops and even if they did they don't have the brains to make more then 30% HA, so there's no way you can be having a problem if you made an actual army and aren't trying to force sum dum **** that doesn't work.
Like of for example "I want a whole army of 2 handed berserkers SO COOL.... aaaaw man they get killed by OP archer not fair" that's ****ing dum ****.

Also gotta say, if you're in any way relying on live field battles with the AI of you faction, just don't. It's always in your favor to make a high tier solid army to use in the field ALONE and let the AI army fight it out with auto calc. They're all bad, their troops are bad, they were all bad in warband....... let them do their thing and you do yours.

I don't have problems with field battles vs. the AI. Horse archers are OP though.

My problem with Khuzait is that the prevalence of cavalry in their forces allows them to pick and choose nearly every battle they face and they're good at sieges too. Their economy is extremely strong and theitr start position is also extremely strong. They have an extremely safe to defend territory and are up against weak factions who can't deal with horse archers. Then again I posted this in the first post and apparently some didn't read it.

Last edited:
I don't have problems with field battles vs. the AI. Horse archers are OP though.

My problem with Khuzait is that the prevalence of cavalry in their forces allows them to pick and choose nearly every battle they face and they're good at sieges too. Their economy is extremely strong and theitr start position is also extremely strong. They have an extremely safe to defend territory and are up against weak factions who can't deal with horse archers.
Well maybe it's payback for them always being the 1st to go in warband and being most people's pick for most worthless troops sets. To be fair that's because the original HA AI in M&B got removed due to popular demand, making them pure durp.

Back
Top Bottom