Khergit troop tree

Users who are viewing this thread

F50

Sergeant
This has been mentioned before but there is a bug in the Khergit troop tree not fixed in 0.955.

The Khergit horseman and the Khergit horse archer have the same level. Furthermore the Khergit horseman doesn't have a ranged attack while its predecessor (Khergit Skirmisher) does. It looks like the Khergit skirmisher is supposed to have a choice between the Khergit horseman and the Khergit horse archer.

Yes, completely agree. This is almost the same situation as the Swadian Skirmishers and Crossbowmen being the same level in the old versions. It seems small issues like these are tended to not be noticed.

Plus, I have something to add on to this:

Khergit Lancers should have 1 additional upgrade -> Khergit Heavy Lancer (Just so both ends of the troop tree have an even number of upgrades.) Also because Mongols DID have heavy cavalry and weren't all light cavalry.

Khergits aren't mongols.

Secondly, if the troop tree is split as I suggested, both sides *will* have the same length.

Oh, you're right. Both sides do have the same length.

The only issue I see with this is that it would be way too fast to train up veteran horse archers - In real life, being highly skilled at horse archery was a difficult feat.

I think its too easy to train lancers too, perhaps the tree needs an additional step as well?

I would like the name "Khergit Veteran Horse Archer" to be changed.  its way too long and doesnt fit in most places on the screen.  I have no idea what it could be called instead, though.

The Khergits are only an approximation of the mongols.

What really needs to happen is to have "Khergit veteran horse archer" display in a smaller font

F50 said:
The Khergits are only an approximation of the mongols.

What really needs to happen is to have "Khergit veteran horse archer" display in a smaller font
Khergit Mounted Marksmen. Problem solved

F50 said:
This has been mentioned before but there is a bug in the Khergit troop tree not fixed in 0.955.

The Khergit horseman and the Khergit horse archer have the same level. Furthermore the Khergit horseman doesn't have a ranged attack while its predecessor (Khergit Skirmisher) does. It looks like the Khergit skirmisher is supposed to have a choice between the Khergit horseman and the Khergit horse archer.

You have me confused.

Anyway, Khergits ftw!

age of empires II gave the mongols a unique horse archer unit called Mangudai.  Nords have the huscarl.  why couldnt the Khergit have mangudai regardless of the historical inaccuracy?

Art Falmingaid said:
age of empires II gave the mongols a unique horse archer unit called Mangudai.  Nords have the huscarl.  why couldnt the Khergit have mangudai regardless of the historical inaccuracy?

Because the Khergit already have unique horse archer units, they're called...Khergit non-horseman/lancers.

F50 said:
Art Falmingaid said:

Because the Khergit already have unique horse archer units, they're called...Khergit non-horseman/lancers.
er... lancers are just lesser armored knights and they ARE mounted, and are generally worthless unless they are on your side (as you can tell them when to pull out for another strike) and he is saying more name wise to replace veteran horse archer

horsemen and lancers aren't horse-archers. Mangudi don't use bows unlike Khergit horse archers. That said, I doubt Khergit veteran horse archers have been fixed to use only bows (or at least something with decent ammo unlike jarid).

F50 said:
horsemen and lancers aren't horse-archers. Mangudi don't use bows unlike Khergit horse archers. That said, I doubt Khergit veteran horse archers have been fixed to use only bows (or at least something with decent ammo unlike jarid).
your contradictions hurt my head...
And people miss the point of his post was to point out a SHORTER NAME for the Khergit Veteran Horse Archer which doesn't even fit really on screen.
Nords have the Huscarl, why can't the other groups have a neat, single name for their final tier troop?

DamienZharkoff said:
your contradictions hurt my head...
And people miss the point of his post was to point out a SHORTER NAME for the Khergit Veteran Horse Archer which doesn't even fit really on screen.
Nords have the Huscarl, why can't the other groups have a neat, single name for their final tier troop?

yup.  that was my point.  thank you, Damien.

Back
Top Bottom