Khergit Strategy

Users who are viewing this thread

@Caba'drin:
Thanks for the advice mate. Lead charge template will be. I strongly agree with  StinkyMcGirk, putting these excellent lines of code in your own mod. That will change the gameplay a lot, making it better in most ways. Thank you again!!

@StinkyMcGirk: Excellent report!! New hopes are rising from the horizon!! :grin:
That's the way Khergits should fight!!
I'd love to find out how they're fighting is siege defence!

This sounds like a great mod. I love the VHA for being such a versatile unit, and improving its performance is definitely a win ...

But now I'm terrified about facing the improved Khergits in actual battle! :lol:

LBaeldeth said:
This sounds like a great mod. I love the VHA for being such a versatile unit, and improving its performance is definitely a win ...

But now I'm terrified about facing the improved Khergits in actual battle! :lol:

You know the old saying:
"Fight fire with fire" :wink:

Well, they're actually the same in sieges the way I implemented it.  I left the code out there because I didn't want archers using bows at melee range.  Still I wish I could buy Caba'drin a drink or six, because the scripts work really well.  The only problem is that they are not particularly easy to access.

This thread (and myself especially) owes Caba'drin a hip-hip-horray.

The only thing lingering on is... when will the developers left to fix and such take notice?  Give this guy a job if you're hiring.  He's probably a bored computer science major doing this for fun.

Could'nt agree more.
We have a winner here.

He has excellent understanding of code and he can manipulate it at his will.
The scripts he made open a new era in Warband gameplay. It's not the same anymore.

I believe a lot of players would BADLY want the modded templates to import in game. (Including me).
Working 12h a day leaves you with little/no time to play.

In my humble opinion, Caba'drin should release a mod with his scripts, ready to be imported, to ease the people who don't know how, or haven't the time to implement his scripts. An easy job for someone, is another's nightmare.

Hip-hip-horray from me and much respect. :smile:

So is there any chance a dumbass like me can do all this altering.

I'm no stranger to replacing lines of code or changing values but the way your painting it makes me think it will be hard and might f my game?

What does this all involve?

Remedius said:
So is there any chance a dumbass like me can do all this altering.

I'm no stranger to replacing lines of code or changing values but the way your painting it makes me think it will be hard and might f my game?

What does this all involve?

You can't really 'f' up your game if you do it right - you just make a copy of the native folder and follow Sergyu's tutorial instructions to modify that copy instead of native itself.  That way you never risk messing up anything.

Pretty much like this:

1)  Download the module system
2)  Do a search for Sergyu's tutorial on getting the module system working.  It's probably on the second page of 'The Forge' right now as I write this.
3) Look over the directions for the specific (from the thread) script editing [In this case, all of these directions will come from the links provided by Caba'drin] very well.  2 Times, 3 times perhaps.  If you get confused about anything, ask questions in 'The Forge' forums so that those who are familiar with the system can respond to you on their own time without being badgered...  too much.
4) Copy paste what you need in all of the places it has to go.  Save, compile the module by double clicking the top file in the module system.  If there are any problems, repeat from step 2 and pay close attention to the details, and consider starting from scratch by re-downloading the module system.
5)  You win.

Just be sure to ask questions in 'The Forge' about anything confusing to you, and you should be good.

Keep in mind I'm actually now using:
# Battle Order: Wield by Weapon Type
# Battle Order: Skirmish Mode
# Lance, Horse Bow, and Pike/Spear Usage...edited from hatonastick, CryptoCactus, Somebody, rubik, and xenoargh

From Caba'drin's profile.  And just now, I changed the troops and items to remove the thrown weapons of horse archers/ veteran horse archers + allow 'fork type' polearms to be swung downwards because I think that was a bug that that they cannot.

I just started using Caba`drin's LHAS script and it works great for Khergits. Horse archers no longer gallop straight into the middle of a pack of Rhodok Sergeants/their impending doom (while this is very entertaining to watch it's not so entertaining to field new recruits and train them up again), it brings horse archers a steppe closer to their historical counter-parts, and makes them destroyers of slow moving, primarily melee groups.

At first glance at the instructions for installing the scripts, I was overwhelmed at the seemingly mind-boggling complexity, but after I'd read through the first chapter of the official guide for the module system I was able to piece together the scripts with only a few hints and nudges in the right direction from Caba`drin.

It wasn't nearly as time consuming or complex as it seemed at first glance (good news for XT and Remedius, and well, everyone), unless you count the time I spent fantasizing about have a Horse Archer AI that held up the I of it's acronym.

Thanks Caba, you've made a great set of scripts here.
A must have for every Khergit enthusiast.

PS. Sorry about the terrible pun, couldn't resist.

Hee hee Felonius -

At the risk of sounding lazy - I just don't have time to learn how - is there a mod with just these modifications somewhere?

Remedius said:
Hee hee Felonius -

At the risk of sounding lazy - I just don't have time to learn how - is there a mod with just these modifications somewhere?

yes please, I'm currently playing khergits and really want it, horse archers driving me nuts with all their dieing :grin:

Wanderer - what do you mean? Are Paradox patching it in or do you mean Warband 2?

Heck! If it's a patch WHOOOOT!

I used to use the Khergits ALL the time, now I have moved to the Swadians, Vaegirs and Mercs. But yeh, the way to go with them is either --

Method 1
X Veteran Horse Archers
X Lancers

X = >50

Method 2
Y Veteran Horse Archers

Y = >100

Method 3
Z Lancers
Z = >125

All 3 methods work wonderfully, but yes, sometimes Swadians are awkward, but I used to find that they were amazing.

Only down point, they SUCK at sieges. :/

Gamecubetoby

I made a small party of 6 companions, equipped them a la Khergit, and after some trial and error that  the ranged attack then charge technique works with them too. End result is Jeremus pacing around, beaning people with a light crossbow :smile:

Back
Top Bottom