Keyboard

Users who are viewing this thread

SkyTime

Grandmaster Knight
So, I've been thinking. I recently bought a new mouse, upgraded my MX518 to a G400, and my good ol' Logitech G15 keyboard has served me for many years and I really like the LCD screen, eventhough it doesn't work with winamp all that well. Used to before I reinstalled windows...
I looked into some Razer keyboards but as far as I could see, none of them possessed a LCD screen which would be essential for me. I like to monitor my PC load, listen to music etc while playing games.

What keyboards would you recommend for me? I don't like flat buttons by the way, they have to be big and clunky, like in G15.
Price doesn't matter since I still got cash to waste.

Also, ideas regarding different options are accepted.
Thank you.

Also, got my ban lifted :3

mechanical_keyboard.jpg

I have a das (not a blank one but a black switch one I got from taiwan). Much better than my old dome keyboard.

If you are specifically looking at a keyboard that has an lcd razer makes one (star wars keyboard for like $400) 0and logitech has two or three.

I would highly recommend looking at getting a mechanical keyboard though as not only will they last longer but are simply better for typing.

I never used one with an lcd so I am not sure how hard of a switch that might be. There are many companies making them now and you can even get custom ones done (wasdkeyboards.com). You would probably have to research it a bit more then a logitech though as there are a few different types of mechanical keyboards available each being better suited to something (black switches being preferred for gaming).

That was my old keyboard, it was all right I guess. Just hope your razer product doesn't break within a year like most of them.

Sidewinder X6 since a couple of years back, quite like the feel of it and it takes liquids quite well, apart from the numpad which a friend of mine managed to drown a few months back.

Would've been fine though if I'd noticed it before the next morning :razz:

Alright, I don't think creating another thread for this very same issue is necessary, I'm still running with my old G15 which has served me well for so many years, but now the spacebar is breaking down and I truly need to get a new one.

In all this time, (182 days says the forum) my mind has changed quite a bit.
Also, this time I have actually been looking around a lot, but I fail to find what I'm looking for.

I'd need a mechanical keyboard with preferably Cherry MX Black's and god damn audio controls. I listen to music so often when playing and skipping through some songs is essential for me, so is the mechanical part I'd respect backlights too. Also, they must absolutely not be Razer since I don't want to replace it after a year.

My budget is anything less than 200e so Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 7 Modular Gaming Keyboard is out of the question lol.

I've been looking for stuff and I think the only one I found is a Mionix Zibal 60. It's got Blacks and audio control, but it's 160e and I'd need to wait 10-20 days to get one, so if anyone has any experience with that I'd love to hear your story.

What about the Ducky keyboards? I hear they're pretty good.

There was also some Cooler Master boards and some Steel Series ones but god there are a million of them.

But yes. Mionix Zibal, anything?

E: Anyone D:???:

Back
Top Bottom