In Progress Kernel Power Crash

Users who are viewing this thread

Nowhereman

Recruit
When playing and at a random location or point the game freezes and my pc reboots. All my other games work without rebooting and without giving me this kernel power error. I tried 3 different psu. I have rtx 2080 Ti. Complete windoes installation and hardware is updated. This is the only game that causes this system reboot.

Specs:
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 TI GALAX HOF
CPU: rYZEN 3900X FACTORY SETTINGS
RAM: 32GB
Motherboard: X570 MSI MEG ACE
PSU 850w

There are already a couple posts citing a similar issue, my impression is that they are currently working on a solution (I have the same issue by the way)

When playing and at a random location or point the game freezes and my pc reboots. All my other games work without rebooting and without giving me this kernel power error. I tried 3 different psu. I have rtx 2080 Ti. Complete windoes installation and hardware is updated. This is the only game that causes this system reboot.

Specs:
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 TI GALAX HOF
CPU: rYZEN 3900X FACTORY SETTINGS
RAM: 32GB
Motherboard: X570 MSI MEG ACE
PSU 850w

I read that kernel errors are related to not having a page file set (or one not large enough). Now, nobody should ever need a pagefile in modern times, but because this game has so many memory leaks it NEEDS to use the HD as RAM sometimes. So I would try that. Set it at 1.5x your ram min/max, or x4 at most.

I read that kernel errors are related to not having a page file set (or one not large enough). Now, nobody should ever need a pagefile in modern times, but because this game has so many memory leaks it NEEDS to use the HD as RAM sometimes. So I would try that. Set it at 1.5x your ram min/max, or x4 at most.
thanks i will check this..

There are already a couple posts citing a similar issue, my impression is that they are currently working on a solution (I have the same issue by the way)
thanks mate.. well, they need to fix this asap because this will fry their customers machines.. these reboots and kernel errors are very dangerous, please guys avoid playing this game untilk they fix if you dont want to fry your motherboard or other components

Hello, i have informed the devs about the issue. Our team is working hard to resolve issues reported to us and i am sure it will be fixed as soon as possible. Thank you for letting us know.

Hello, i have informed the devs about the issue. Our team is working hard to resolve issues reported to us and i am sure it will be fixed as soon as possible. Thank you for letting us know.
hello, is today beta 1.2 available on steam already tweaked to lower the possibility of having this kernel crash? should i update to beta?

Upping the page file did nothing, in case anyone was wondering.
Edit: I have 2 save files that replicate the bug every time if any of the devs want them.

Hello, Is there any update about this problem? I bought game few days ago. Firstly problems apper after first chat with npc in campaing. Few tries and i started playing in solo mode. And sometimes it happens after seconds, sometimes after few minutes. I updated drivers, bios, changed power settings, every resolusion about this problem and still nothing.

PC:
Lenovo Legion 5
AMD Ryzen 5 4600H 3.00 GHz
16,0 GB
RTX 2060
SSD 500gb

Hello, does this problem happens with other performance requiring games? Do you have a cooler for your laptop? It could be that overheating can restart the PC to prevent damage. If there is no overheating and the power supply is enough, please have a look at our crash checklist. Meanwhile, i will inform the devs about the issue and update the thread.

Unfurtunetly not, only with this game. I made some benchmark test and nothing happen. I did not have any extra cooler, but on temp sensor It not even start heating and game restart PC. Temp for GPU is between 52-62 [°C] and for CPU 55-58 [°C].
I made everything from checklist and still have the issue. Even when I change grafics setting on very low it happen, and sometimes I can play more time on very high but not on very low :smile:

Hello, i have discussed it with the devs again and they are positive that no game can cause an error like this and the issue is not on our end. Can you please make sure the overall watt usage of the PC components is higher than the PSU watt usage? If you have overclocked your PC before please consider that in the calculation as well.

Back
Top Bottom