LSP Kit Campaign KAOS Political KIT 1.5 Updated

Users who are viewing this thread

Redleg said:
I think I solved my problem.  I was playing in WB 1.158 and when I tried it in 1.166, the messages appeared and the opcode errors in the log disappeared.

Hours later after some more testing.....
Oops.  Getting an opcode 2335 error invalid faction ID 223 in simple trigger 131.  I think this trigger pertains to the KAOS kit because I haven't changed any other simple trigger in the module.  Any help would be appreciated.  Should I copy and paste from the module_simple_triggers.py instead of allowing modmerger to do it?

If you have too many factions declared there will be overwrite of some of your slots due to native with diplomacy making assumptions regarding the number of factions.  Native uses 6+1 for your faction, diplomacy adds 1 for a pretender, and allocates
in total space for 10 factions before they overwrite slots. 

KAOS kit offers  native 6 + rebels 6 + kingdom restore 6 + your private faction == 19 factions.
  With diplomacy this immediately means you must move the slots used, as declared in module_constants.py
and this affects all factions slots after the one you move.

Watch:
    Diplomacy        faction slot  120  slot_faction_truce_days_with_factions_begin
                                              130  slot_faction_provocation_days_with_factions_begin
                                              140  slot_faction_war_damage_inflicted_on_factions_begin
                                              150  slot_faction_sum_advice_about_factions_begin

in similar fashion, increasing the number of lords can have unexpected side effects:
        troop slot    165    troop_slots_reserved_for_relations_start
                        to 297    (implicit in use for lords relation, but nowhere made obvious)

but what if you have many more lords? Or kingdom ladies that may be promoted to lords?
      Companions as vassals?  It's possible, with a complex mod, to break the assumptions.
      Been there/done that.

source?  Silverstag v26 documentation has the excellent reference    slots.xlsx
      look through the slots listing for diplomacy and native slots in use

your issue where unexpected numbers appear may not really be coming from KAOS kit in the manner you expect, but from changes in ASSUMPTIONS that KAOS adjusted -- in this case, number of factions.  This said from experience after 7 man days with this.  If you merge KAOS kit to vanilla, it should be at most a half day job.  But if you have a highly tweaked mod and you drop KAOS kit into it, you need to be prepared to run down side effects that arent all of them really from KAOS kit itself.  Most especially
recognizing diplomacy presumes a limited number of factions, which is no longer so.  You'll end up moving slots, if you solve it at all...  :smile:

- GS

hy lazeras, i have used your KAOS Political Kit for my mod, i follow the instruction carefully and nothing going wrong when i built the module but this two thing
- WARNING: Global variable never used: faction_display
- WARNING: Global variable never used: kaos_disabled

and when i play the mod, all the log message  (the thing tells you damage, deaths, and any in game message) doesn't apear.
can you help me with that, lazeras?

Antoni said:
hy lazeras, i have used your KAOS Political Kit for my mod, i follow the instruction carefully and nothing going wrong when i built the module but this two thing
- WARNING: Global variable never used: faction_display
- WARNING: Global variable never used: kaos_disabled

and when i play the mod, all the log message  (the thing tells you damage, deaths, and any in game message) doesn't apear.
can you help me with that, lazeras?

add a line
    (set_show_messages, 1),
to the last line of
    script  game_start      in  module_scripts.py

second if you have a great deal of error messages or  debug is enabled then  early in game_start
    (assign, "$cheat_mode", 0),
    to turn off detailed error messages, which could overflow your game message window

you either simply didn't turn on messages after messages were explicitly turned off in Kaos (yes, they are turned off so you don't get a message for each lord  showing change of relation if you pick king, prince, or vassal at game start)

OR
  you have a huge number of errors and if the log overflows you lose messages until the buffer is reset with a
  (set_show_messages, 1),
  call.

You can see if that is happening by selecting Notes:  Recent messages
    and look for error messages happening repeatedly.

Been there done that with this mod.
  It's a powerful mod that will have unexpected interactions with diplomacy, so it can be easy to complicated depending on how different your mod is from native.

- GS

thanks gsanders, i'll try that about tonight.

i used this mod after diplomacy, do tou think it will work fine if i use it without diplomacy??

i've seen the error in recent messages, its all about diplomacy. this mod realy hate diplomacy i though.
please some one give me a very clear instruction how to make this mod work with diplomacy,,

Hi
Antoni said:
i've seen the error in recent messages, its all about diplomacy. this mod realy hate diplomacy i though.
please some one give me a very clear instruction how to make this mod work with diplomacy,,

I have a link where KAOS is merged with diplomacy, don't know if it works or what versions and all that stuff but enjoy xD

It's a mod or the source files:
http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5971/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fmbwarband%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D5971&pUp=1

Hope i did the right thing, not instructions, just full source, so if you already have a mod with source files, just add them
(takes time but is worthit)
or just play this mod xD

EDIT: My pleasure

HammYtheMagnificent said:
Hi
Antoni said:

I have a link where KAOS is merged with diplomacy, don't know if it works or what versions and all that stuff but enjoy xD

It's a mod or the source files:
http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5971/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fmbwarband%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D5971&pUp=1

Hope i did the right thing, not instructions, just full source, so if you already have a mod with source files, just add them
(takes time but is worthit)
or just play this mod xD

Thanks Hammy, i hope this one will  work, once again thanks you.

HI everybody

First, im using in my mod this KAOS kit+Diplo 4.2 (source kit merged by Lazeras) and everything runs fine.

This kit provides the most of features i always wanted to the game.

Second; Last i wanted to add was a more useful formations and tried to add POBD, but i'm absolutely unable to do, due to my 0 skills in scripting.
I tried to merge them manually and modmerging too , but i always take a lot of output errors and i can't compile the module.

Anybody tried it before?

Thx in advance and sorry for my engrish

Jatynski said:
HI everybody

First, im using in my mod this KAOS kit+Diplo 4.2 (source kit merged by Lazeras) and everything runs fine.

This kit provides the most of features i always wanted to the game.

Second; Last i wanted to add was a more useful formations and tried to add POBD, but i'm absolutely unable to do, due to my 0 skills in scripting.
I tried to merge them manually and modmerging too , but i always take a lot of output errors and i can't compile the module.

Anybody tried it before?

Thx in advance and sorry for my engrish

I tried this a few months ago and got PBOD to merge with it but had some in-game error messages.  I got the same in-game errors with just the KAOS-Diplomacy as well.

Any chance you might clean up all of those manual edits (not saying I'm lazy or anything) so the kit is ready when put in the module folder?

I only want to use this and your bank kit without getting confuse on copy pasting here and there too much.

MODULE SYSTEM ERRor
this is causing errors:
("KINGDOM_7",  "SWADIAN REBELS", 0, 0.9, [("OUTLAWS",-0.05),("PEASANT_REBELS", -0.1),("DESERTERS", -0.02),("MOUNTAIN_BANDITS", -0.05),("FOREST_BANDITS", -0.05)], [], 0XCC9900),
  ("KINGDOM_8",  "VAEGIR REBELS",    0, 0.9, [("OUTLAWS",-0.05),("PEASANT_REBELS", -0.1),("DESERTERS", -0.02),("MOUNTAIN_BANDITS", -0.05),("FOREST_BANDITS", -0.05)], [], 0X669999),
  ("KINGDOM_9",  "KHERGIT REBELS", 0, 0.9, [("OUTLAWS",-0.05),("PEASANT_REBELS", -0.1),("DESERTERS", -0.02),("MOUNTAIN_BANDITS", -0.05),("FOREST_BANDITS", -0.05)], [], 0XCC66FF),
  ("KINGDOM_10",  "NORD REBELS",    0, 0.9, [("OUTLAWS",-0.05),("PEASANT_REBELS", -0.1),("DESERTERS", -0.02),("MOUNTAIN_BANDITS", -0.05),("FOREST_BANDITS", -0.05)], [], 0X3333FF),
  ("KINGDOM_11",  "RHODOK REBELS",  0, 0.9, [("OUTLAWS",-0.05),("PEASANT_REBELS", -0.1),("DESERTERS", -0.02),("MOUNTAIN_BANDITS", -0.05),("FOREST_BANDITS", -0.05)], [], 0X99FF66),
  ("KINGDOM_12",  "SARRANID REBELS",  0, 0.9, [("OUTLAWS",-0.05),("PEASANT_REBELS", -0.1),("DESERTERS", -0.02),("MOUNTAIN_BANDITS", -0.05),("FOREST_BANDITS", -0.05)], [], 0XCCFF66),

("KINGDOM_13",  "EMPIRE OF SWADIA", 0, 0.9, [("OUTLAWS",-0.05),("PEASANT_REBELS", -0.1),("DESERTERS", -0.02),("MOUNTAIN_BANDITS", -0.05),("FOREST_BANDITS", -0.05)], [], 0XCC9900),
  ("KINGDOM_14",  "EMPIRE OF VAEGIR",    0, 0.9, [("OUTLAWS",-0.05),("PEASANT_REBELS", -0.1),("DESERTERS", -0.02),("MOUNTAIN_BANDITS", -0.05),("FOREST_BANDITS", -0.05)], [], 0X669999),
  ("KINGDOM_15",  "KHERGIT EMPIRE", 0, 0.9, [("OUTLAWS",-0.05),("PEASANT_REBELS", -0.1),("DESERTERS", -0.02),("MOUNTAIN_BANDITS", -0.05),("FOREST_BANDITS", -0.05)], [], 0XCC66FF),
  ("KINGDOM_16",  "EMPIRE OF NORD",    0, 0.9, [("OUTLAWS",-0.05),("PEASANT_REBELS", -0.1),("DESERTERS", -0.02),("MOUNTAIN_BANDITS", -0.05),("FOREST_BANDITS", -0.05)], [], 0X3333FF),
  ("KINGDOM_17",  "EMPIRE OF RHODOK",  0, 0.9, [("OUTLAWS",-0.05),("PEASANT_REBELS", -0.1),("DESERTERS", -0.02),("MOUNTAIN_BANDITS", -0.05),("FOREST_BANDITS", -0.05)], [], 0X99FF66),
  ("KINGDOM_18",  "SARRANID EMPIRE",  0, 0.9, [("OUTLAWS",-0.05),("PEASANT_REBELS", -0.1),("DESERTERS", -0.02),("MOUNTAIN_BANDITS", -0.05),("FOREST_BANDITS", -0.05)], [], 0XCCFF66),

THIS IS HOW TO FIX
(change the names back i use A World Of Warlocks)
  ("kingdom_7",  "Gladiator rebels", 0, 0.9, [("outlaws",-0.05),("peasant_rebels", -0.1),("deserters", -0.02),("mountain_bandits", -0.05),("forest_bandits", -0.05)], [], 0XCC9900),
  ("kingdom_8",  "Indian rebels",    0, 0.9, [("outlaws",-0.05),("peasant_rebels", -0.1),("deserters", -0.02),("mountain_bandits", -0.05),("forest_bandits", -0.05)], [], 0X669999),
  ("kingdom_9",  "Japanese rebels", 0, 0.9, [("outlaws",-0.05),("peasant_rebels", -0.1),("deserters", -0.02),("mountain_bandits", -0.05),("forest_bandits", -0.05)], [], 0XCC66FF),
  ("kingdom_10",  "viking rebels",    0, 0.9, [("outlaws",-0.05),("peasant_rebels", -0.1),("deserters", -0.02),("mountain_bandits", -0.05),("forest_bandits", -0.05)], [], 0X3333FF),
  ("kingdom_11",  "medieval rebels",  0, 0.9, [("outlaws",-0.05),("peasant_rebels", -0.1),("deserters", -0.02),("mountain_bandits", -0.05),("forest_bandits", -0.05)], [], 0X99FF66),
  ("kingdom_12",  "desert rebels",  0, 0.9, [("outlaws",-0.05),("peasant_rebels", -0.1),("deserters", -0.02),("mountain_bandits", -0.05),("forest_bandits", -0.05)], [], 0XCCFF66),

("kingdom_13",  "free roman empire", 0, 0.9, [("outlaws",-0.05),("peasant_rebels", -0.1),("deserters", -0.02),("mountain_bandits", -0.05),("forest_bandits", -0.05)], [], 0XCC9900),
  ("kingdom_14",  "free indian empire",    0, 0.9, [("outlaws",-0.05),("peasant_rebels", -0.1),("deserters", -0.02),("mountain_bandits", -0.05),("forest_bandits", -0.05)], [], 0X669999),
  ("kingdom_15",  "free japanese empire", 0, 0.9, [("outlaws",-0.05),("peasant_rebels", -0.1),("deserters", -0.02),("mountain_bandits", -0.05),("forest_bandits", -0.05)], [], 0XCC66FF),
  ("kingdom_16",  "free viking empire",    0, 0.9, [("outlaws",-0.05),("peasant_rebels", -0.1),("deserters", -0.02),("mountain_bandits", -0.05),("forest_bandits", -0.05)], [], 0X3333FF),
  ("kingdom_17",  "free medieval empire",  0, 0.9, [("outlaws",-0.05),("peasant_rebels", -0.1),("deserters", -0.02),("mountain_bandits", -0.05),("forest_bandits", -0.05)], [], 0X99FF66),
  ("kingdom_18",  "free desert empire",  0, 0.9, [("outlaws",-0.05),("peasant_rebels", -0.1),("deserters", -0.02),("mountain_bandits", -0.05),("forest_bandits", -0.05)], [], 0XCCFF66),
  ("kingdoms_end","{!}kingdoms_end", 0, 0,[], []),

Added to Empire III the campaign, great stuff man.

your 72 hour simple trigger is bad you can't put a troop id in, where a faction id has to go

old
Code:
(try_for_range, ":main_npc", pretenders_begin, pretenders_end),
            (troop_get_slot, ":main_center", ":main_npc", slot_troop_cur_center),
			(str_store_faction_name, ":main_faction", ":main_npc"),
			(try_for_range, ":sub_npc", pretenders_begin, pretenders_end),
	            (troop_get_slot, ":sub_center", ":sub_npc", slot_troop_cur_center),   
				(str_store_faction_name, ":sub_faction", ":sub_npc"),

fix
Code:
(try_for_range, ":main_npc", pretenders_begin, pretenders_end),
            (troop_get_slot, ":main_center", ":main_npc", slot_troop_cur_center),

(store_troop_faction, ":party_faction", ":main_npc"),
			(str_store_faction_name, ":main_faction", ":party_faction"),
		 (try_for_range, ":sub_npc", pretenders_begin, pretenders_end),

(troop_get_slot, ":sub_center", ":sub_npc", slot_troop_cur_center),

(store_troop_faction, ":partb_faction", ":sub_npc"),
				(str_store_faction_name, ":sub_faction", ":partb_faction"),

me again i am almost finished just a little question and a KAOS error:
1 error batch:
Error: Unable to find object:script_troop_set_title_according_to_faction_gender_and_lands
ERROR: Illegal Identifier:script_troop_set_title_according_to_faction_gender_and_lands

2 KAOS scripts
("troop_set_title_according_to_faction",
    [
        (store_script_param, ":troop_no", 1),
        (store_script_param, ":faction_no", 2),

(assign, ":custom_name", 0),
        (try_begin),
            (eq, "$kaos_use_custom_name", 1),
            (eq, ":faction_no", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),
            (troop_get_type, ":gender", ":troop_no"),
            (try_begin),
              (eq, ":gender", 0), #male
              (troop_slot_eq, "trp_heroes_end", 0, 1),
              (str_store_troop_name, s0, "trp_heroes_end"),
              (str_store_troop_name_plural, s1, ":troop_no"),
              (str_store_string, s1, "str_s0_s1"),
              (assign, ":custom_name", 1),             
            (else_try),
              (troop_slot_eq, "trp_heroes_end", 1, 1),
              (str_store_troop_name_plural, s0, "trp_heroes_end"),
              (str_store_troop_name_plural, s1, ":troop_no"),
              (str_store_string, s1, "str_s0_s1"),
              (assign, ":custom_name", 1),             
            (try_end),
            (eq, ":custom_name", 1), #So if it fails, will rename normally
        (else_try),
            (call_script, "script_troop_set_title_according_to_faction_gender_and_lands", ":troop_no", ":faction_no"),
      (try_end),
      ]),
(sorry for bad english i am dutch)

Back
Top Bottom