LSP Kit Campaign KAOS Political KIT 1.5 Updated

Users who are viewing this thread

A fine mod kit, but I experienced a few bugs with it when I installed it on the "Native Mod Compilation".

1) When I start as queen of an existing nation, it keeps doubling my title! In chargen, I enter the character name, e.g. Katilus. When the game starts, I'm Queen Katilus, but soon I find myself being called "Queen Queen Katilus".
2) The "Restore defeated factions" feature is broken when I start as queen of Swadia! On the second or third day, the most quarrelsome lord restores "the Kingdom of Swadia" (the game doesn't recognize my Swadia as legit) and all the other lords immediately follow him, and I'm stuck with Praven and a bunch of villages.

Did I do something wrong?

Also, how do I add more factions atop of this and create custom sets of titles for them? For example, the Dark Knights, a la Native Expansion or Tocans.

Great kit!  I added it to my own mod having Diplomacy 4.3, PBOD .92, and Freelancer 1.51 with no compiling errors but with a few in-game issues.  The biggest issue so far is that I no longer receive messages at the bottom left of the screen.  I can see the message in the log but they don't show up on-screen.  Any idea what might be causing this to happen?

I also get the same lack of messages when I play the compiled version that was merged with Diplomacy.

I think I solved my problem.  I was playing in WB 1.158 and when I tried it in 1.166, the messages appeared and the opcode errors in the log disappeared.

Hours later after some more testing.....
Oops.  Getting an opcode 2335 error invalid faction ID 223 in simple trigger 131.  I think this trigger pertains to the KAOS kit because I haven't changed any other simple trigger in the module.  Any help would be appreciated.  Should I copy and paste from the module_simple_triggers.py instead of allowing modmerger to do it?

Since I had opcode errors in my own merger of KAOS Political 1.5 with my Diplomacy mod, I decided to see if similar errors existed in the original KAOS Political merged with latest version of Diplomacy.  It turns out that I am getting opcode 2335 errors for faction ID in the module_simple_triggers on both the compiled version with latest Diplomacy and the module system version with latest Diplomacy.

Has any else noticed these issues with the KAOS- Diplomacy merged?  If so, how did you deal with them?  They don't crash the game but they do sometimes stop the on-screen messages from working properly.

Somebody said:
2335 = str_store_faction_name, check if string register param is swapped with faction id param anywhere

Somebody, thanks.  I will check it out.  As I said, I am getting the same error on the different versions of Diplo and KAOS Political merged.

I found this in the KAOS_simple_triggers.  Could this be the problem?

(str_store_faction_name, s52, ":eek:rig_faction"),

Somebody said:
The order is correct, but you will probably want to check how orig_faction is assigned if it gives you a value of 223

I saw this in KAOSPolitical_scripts

#KAOS (START)
  ("set_player_kingdom_init",
  [
    (set_show_messages, 0),
    (store_script_param, ":eek:rginal_faction", 1),

In the rest of the scripts, the term orig_faction is used.  Could this be the problem?

Redleg said:
Somebody said:
The order is correct, but you will probably want to check how orig_faction is assigned if it gives you a value of 223

#KAOS (START)
  [
    (set_show_messages, 0),

In the rest of the scripts, the term orig_faction is used.  Could this be the problem?

That could very well be the problem, at least based on how other "lax" programming languages treat undefined variables. I'm not sure what the MS does with undefined parameters, does it assign some random value (in your case that could explain the 223)?

wrwlf:
I have no idea.  I just thought it strange that the code referred to it as orig_faction until that bit of script where it called it original_faction.

wrwlf said:
Redleg said:
Somebody said:

#KAOS (START)
  [
    (set_show_messages, 0),

That could very well be the problem, at least based on how other "lax" programming languages treat undefined variables. I'm not sure what the MS does with undefined parameters, does it assign some random value (in your case that could explain the 223)?

it does not matter, as a ":variable" is a local variable. The scope (life) of it is just the script that defined it, so you could have 10 scripts with 10 variables named differently doing the same thing

kalarhan said:
wrwlf said:
Redleg said:
Somebody said:

#KAOS (START)
  [
    (set_show_messages, 0),

it does not matter, as a ":variable" is a local variable. The scope (life) of it is just the script that defined it, so you could have 10 scripts with 10 variables named differently doing the same thing

Right, but I was under the impression Redleg meant that within that same script the name was different.

Hello ,

I have 2 questions for the mod=maker or anyone of you

1 could you make also the posibility to start as a claimant? that would be really interesting

2 i want to combine your kit with Romae Bellum mod but I have no idea how to work with coding and stuff , like that, Romae bellum is basically native with Roman items, troops and units(i mean no other modifications)

Marius Aetius said:
Hello ,

I have 2 questions for the mod=maker or anyone of you

1 could you make also the posibility to start as a claimant? that would be really interesting

2 i want to combine your kit with Romae Bellum mod but I have no idea how to work with coding and stuff , like that, Romae bellum is basically native with Roman items, troops and units(i mean no other modifications)

You will need the module source code for Romae Bellum.  Even if you are able to integrate all the necessary KAOSPolitical code, it may still have glitches, as I have found merging with Diplomacy.  It would be worth it to try.

Exporting Scripts...
Error: Unable to find object:str_new_faction_title_male_player
ERROR: Illegal Identifier:str_new_faction_title_male_player
Error: Unable to find object:str_new_faction_title_female_player
ERROR: Illegal Identifier:str_new_faction_title_female_player

Why am i getting this error?
and does constants.py create str_new_faction_title_male_player or call it?
coz i cant find it anywhere else...
thx

HammYtheMagnificent said:
ERROR: Illegal Identifier:str_new_faction_title_male_player

str_  means "String", as in, the text you put on module_strings.py. So you need to add stuff there like

Code:
("new_faction_title_male_player", "Title here"),

It works fine thank you, but there is just one teeny tiny problem, my start new game button in main menu is disabled(not clickable)

well, atleast now i can say I already did that :facepalm:

anyone with an answer?

OK YOU MAY LAUGH
It was disabled becuase all of my load game spaces/slots were created
so no bug in scripts

" the biggest problem with your scipt is between the monitor and the chair "

xD

Redleg said:
Great kit!  I added it to my own mod having Diplomacy 4.3, PBOD .92, and Freelancer 1.51 with no compiling errors but with a few in-game issues.  The biggest issue so far is that I no longer receive messages at the bottom left of the screen.  I can see the message in the log but they don't show up on-screen.  Any idea what might be causing this to happen?

I also get the same lack of messages when I play the compiled version that was merged with Diplomacy.

This is a sign of too many errors or debug messages overflowing your message buffer.
  Remove either or put some "I'm alive" messages to write some market you can use to find where all the error messages begin

Back
Top Bottom