Just nerf ranged damage by 30%

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes. While AI just holding and holding block - it is pretty damn boring.

There are two more problems:

1) Base damage is stupidly high. In WB base damage was low but modifier was high. In BL base damage is stupidly high and modifier is low.
It means pesant with 2 hander can onesshot elite knight.
2) Moshpits and overheads. Mobs will create a blob then spam overheads. It means that every single hit is headshot with bonus damage.
good shielded infantry should be able to block most attacks within a formation, and that's why most battles take really long time if both sides are balanced. This is why fights between hoplites are boring... However, if u can out-flank them the battle would be much quicker and more fun.

I agree with the two other problems. But I do think the modifier in bannerlord is sufficient. While I think 2h base damage is a bit on the high side, boosting armor should be the solution. However, I believe an elite knight wins fights against well-equipped peasants because they cannot hit him. I mean imagine a knight fully armored tied to the ground with an angry mob of peasants heavy war hammer in hand... might not one-shot him, but I imagine the knight wont end well.
2)would be a pathfind issue, which I don't think would be fixed soon.

Sees historians talk about how well lamellar and brigandine armor can stop arrows.

*Me when wearing those armors* gets oneshot by some goat milk drinking khuzait raider

I mean imagine a knight fully armored tied to the ground with an angry mob of peasants heavy war hammer in hand... might not one-shot him, but I imagine the knight wont end well.
Ye. Good point. Agree
2)would be a pathfind issue, which I don't think would be fixed soon.
Moshpits should be fixed becouse
1) 500 v 500 Battles last 1 minute.
2) It destroys performance. I have 90 FPS in 1000 v 1000. But in melee clash it drops to 20. To much hits to calculate.

Ye. Good point. Agree

Moshpits should be fixed becouse
1) 500 v 500 Battles last 1 minute.
2) It destroys performance. I have 90 FPS in 1000 v 1000. But in melee clash it drops to 20. To much hits to calculate.
We might have solution to moshpits (in field battles only for now) in the mod patch for 1.6.1+.

I have been making some tests, and aside from archers having a pretty high rate of fire, and armor being weak, I have found that the main issue because archers are so damn OP in this game, is a poor AI. Please check this:

- Player having the archer spam vs AI having the infantry:

- AI having the archer spam vs the player having the infantry:

I think it is something related to the AI giving the charge order at the beginning, and then its units get disorganized, while if the player gives the move to a point order at the beginning before charge, unshielded units go behind shielded units, and after giving the shieldwall order all the units are already organized, and then unshielded units are perfectly protected. I think that fixing this for devs could be relatively easy, and it is just about giving the charge order at the beginning and organizing troops just after spawning. Plus would be pretty helpful if the AI would give the shieldwall order before getting too close to the player's archers and before losing tons of units.

@Duh_TaleWorlds if you do agree with this, would be possible to forward this to devs in charge of battle AI? Thanks.

Last edited:
I have been making some tests, and aside from archers having a pretty high rate of fire, and armor being weak, I have found that the main issue because archers are so damn OP in this game, is a poor AI. Please check this:

- Player having the archer spam vs AI having the infantry:

- AI having the archer spam vs the player having the infantry:

I think it is something related to the AI giving the charge order at the beginning, and then its units get disorganized, while if the player gives the move to a point order at the beginning before charge, unshielded units go behind shielded units, and after giving the shieldwall order all the units are already organized, and then unshielded units are perfectly protected. I think that fixing this for devs could be relatively easy, and it is just about giving the charge order at the beginning and organizing troops just after spawning. Plus would be pretty helpful if the AI would give the shieldwall order before getting too close to the player's archers and before losing tons of units.

@Duh_TaleWorlds if you do agree with this, would be possible to forward this to devs in charge of battle AI? Thanks.

Vanilla AI is using just charge a lot even though better tactics are available to it.

Back
Top Bottom