Battania becoming strong

Users who are viewing this thread

Eh, even then they're never specified as dying off because they were losing or anything. I feel like they already have something of an underdog status anyway, considering how small their territory is.

Gauls were actually known for quality cavalry. Julius Caesar actually notes this and would go out of his way to procure Gallic cavalry in place of Roman horsemen. That being said, Gaul wasn't known for archery unlike Battania, and Battania is a fictional culture. Their cavalry should be reduced for gameplay and lore, not for historical 'accuracy'.
Well how else are you going to represent them dying off in a game of this type? By the events of Warband, Swadia controls all their territory. That had to have happened somehow.
The underdog right now is definitely Sturgia, not Battania. Battania are actually tied with Vlandia for being the second best new territory conquerer over the course of a game (after khuzaits), while Sturgia is the faction that gets its ass kicked almost every game due to a variety of factors.

As Bannerlord is set in a pastiche of the 600s-1100s, Battania is not really based on the Gauls. According to Taleworlds it's based on the Picts, Irish, and Welsh, the only Celtic nations to still exist in the year 1100 (other than Brittany). The only elements of inspiration Battania takes from ancient Celts is the oppida architecture built by Celts all across Europe, and the falx (associated with the Dacians/Thracians), but not Gauls specifically. I agree that gameplay and m&b lore should generally be higher priorities than historical authenticity, but I also think in a game based so heavily on real life history it doesn't hurt to be as close to real life as possible, either.

At any rate I'm glad we agree they need less cavalry, to make them more unique and match their lore better.

Im trying to save Northern Empire (1.5.4), and now not only do i have to fight against Khuzait blitzcrieg but also against this random Battanian power spike, they rekt everyone around them.

Im trying to save Northern Empire (1.5.4), and now not only do i have to fight against Khuzait blitzcrieg but also against this random Battanian power spike, they rekt everyone around them.

You're a brave man and I salute you.

I gave up on the empire a long time ago. In my opinion the best start is to join the Khuzait. That way you can seriously undermine them mid-game by taking away some towns and castles when you set up your own shop. I believe it's the only way to stop the immediate snowballing. Dis is da wae.

Well how else are you going to represent them dying off in a game of this type? By the events of Warband, Swadia controls all their territory. That had to have happened somehow.
The underdog right now is definitely Sturgia, not Battania. Battania are actually tied with Vlandia for being the second best new territory conquerer over the course of a game (after khuzaits), while Sturgia is the faction that gets its ass kicked almost every game due to a variety of factors.

As Bannerlord is set in a pastiche of the 600s-1100s, Battania is not really based on the Gauls. According to Taleworlds it's based on the Picts, Irish, and Welsh, the only Celtic nations to still exist in the year 1100 (other than Brittany). The only elements of inspiration Battania takes from ancient Celts is the oppida architecture built by Celts all across Europe, and the falx (associated with the Dacians/Thracians), but not Gauls specifically. I agree that gameplay and m&b lore should generally be higher priorities than historical authenticity, but I also think in a game based so heavily on real life history it doesn't hurt to be as close to real life as possible, either.

At any rate I'm glad we agree they need less cavalry, to make them more unique and match their lore better.
There could be all sorts of causes for them dying off. The actual cause could be very random. Bannerlord doesn't have to specifically lead to Warband, and if anything the players themselves are more than free to carve out their own history.

Still, I'd rather the Battanians get a bit toned down, if only to allow more randomness to occur.

to me it seems like the one with most units on horse has the upper hand when it comes to AI vs AI. And battania has a surprising large amount of horse units later in the game.

to me it seems like the one with most units on horse has the upper hand when it comes to AI vs AI. And battania has a surprising large amount of horse units later in the game.
yeah they do actually as mentioned and now when i come to think of it..... could be an factor for sure since auto calculator favors cav units from what ive heard

It´s probably also one of the reasons why sturgia is so bad. Their noble horse units get so late on a horse, they almost never live long enough.
And ofc the speed matters a lot in this game.

Reading about place of Batania in Bannerlord I had to remind here that Galatians (Gauls) were in Asia Minor for centuries before and after BL or Warband. And I really would rather had in their roster a lighter longbowmen perhaps (in comparison to Fians) instead of one cavalry unit what would also help with autocalc.

New game and i love how Battania has taken Jalmarys first ^^ Could been more before since i havent payed attention until now but its pretty early game here..Vladia is keeping theirs and taken one fort so its pretty much even steven even if Batts are owning one more then them if we compare against eachother....

Last edited:
Yap! maybe they are a bit strong!! :facepalm:

iLeZspS.jpg

Yap! maybe they are a bit strong!! :facepalm:

iLeZspS.jpg
Lol damn...yeah ive seen those kinds of armies now to...South Empire has some power to show now as well ive noticed, wacking Aserai as they come to the trap of Lavenia Castle (History books would be calling it an massacre and ethnic cleansing, i wouldnt object)...Think its the 8th time Aserai parked there with around 600 troops to then get gang banged from 3 sides with substantial armies. Could be an ritual thing going on to, im not sure yet

Heres my report atm in approx day 300 and havent been happening to much as Vladia is still stable to. They took one castle from the Sturgs so far

Last edited:
Khuzaits are by far the strongest in my game.
Fake news...Sturgs are the strongest men in game. Khuzs are just some fat ponies on horses and they cheat to in auto battles :wink: Cant trust an Khuz

Day 430 and they start to snowball now again :smile: Vladians hold theirs though even expanding a little which is nice to see. Also i mean we have been in war with South empire for same amount of time now so idk feels a little bit like last time. Hope there isnt an forever peace time to come to

Day 600
HUhiWa4.png

Change faction to Khuzait and make it 300 days. That would be a typical game for me. Besides, I started a game today and after 200 days nothing mayor happened. No one needs immediatly help. Even Sturgia has lost nothing. I´m so confused, don´t know what I should do. Don´t want to throw it off ballance. Help pls.

Day 855 Battania is now invading Vladia

pzOQKCu.png

Also to add Aserai have been at war with South empire for almost same amount the time non stop ^^

RXDqtQ5.png

They have also managed to take over the northern fort from Quyas which were trying to fend em of from but since we also have still empire and Khuz invading from east we have to hold on to our pinatas ^^

Last edited:
Battania is now ruling in every campaign I am in.
hmm seems they have been buffed in some way then...Could it be the extra cav kicking in with the auto calk ? hmm must be...*takes out his thinking pipe and starring at the fire*

3M42YPY.png

I mean how are they managing to be at war with so many and still take everything. Khuz are comming in with 1600 men at Razih then Battania on the other end as they are crushing Vladia to ^^ You need to fix the auto calk TW. This is seen as early middle game at day 950. I find it funny though that south Empire are also invading us at the same time after so many years ^^ But guess they got in to an pact with Khuzs

Last edited:
I am not sure if they got overpowered, in my game (beta 1.5.4) they are still restricted to starting area. On the other hand, Khuz are at fight with everyone and still standing strong. I receive notifications about the voting of going into the war all the time, never able to persuade anyone to take a break.

I am not sure if they got overpowered, in my game (beta 1.5.4) they are still restricted to starting area. On the other hand, Khuz are at fight with everyone and still standing strong. I receive notifications about the voting of going into the war all the time, never able to persuade anyone to take a break.
But this is early game from the looks of it....what day ? They usually come out little bit later depending on the "diplomacy"..Khuz are still Khuz ofc :wink:

3M42YPY.png

I mean how are they managing to be at war with so many and still take everything. Khuz are comming in with 1600 men at Razih then Battania on the other end as they are crushing Vladia to ^^ You need to fix the auto calk TW. This is seen as early middle game at day 950. I find it funny though that south Empire are also invading us at the same time after so many years ^^ But guess they got in to an pact with Khuzs
This is definitely due to the fact your faction will only propose things 50% of the time if you are in it, even as a mercenary. So basically the game is expecting you to be the deciding factor of peace or not. Luckily this will get changed in 1.5.6 to ~33% for vassals and 66% for king and 0% for mercenaries. So right now joining a faction and not being a king gimps your faction super hard.

But this is early game from the looks of it....what day ? They usually come out little bit later depending on the "diplomacy"..Khuz are still Khuz ofc :wink:
If its 1087 then its been 2-3 years for him, not a bad map for ~3 years.

Back
Top Bottom