Just me or are the graphics really ugly on some maps in daytime in this new patch 1.5.4 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Dr-Shinobi

Played some areas that really look like **** now with some strange overexposed lighting. Used to play on those maps before and was no problem then but now im raising my eyebrows. Have i accidentally fiddled with some settings or something or have they messed it up somehow like they did with the vegetations after some patches ago introducing some ugly bushes and shrubbery everywhere as an example.... i cant tell right now
Re: or is these new alpha stage made maps i might think ive played at but haven't...deja vu feeling or something ?!! (Deja Vu which also was a good game to add)

Last edited:
You are not the only one who noticed a difference. I did as well. It seems like they are playing with lighting. It was jarring at first for me because I was not expecting it, but it grew on me after a while, because in some aspects, it did add a little realism to the lighting instead of making all the color/lighting static like it was before. It definitely needs some tweaks, without a doubt, but I feel it is a step in the right direction.

yeah sounds like the most probably thing. And now when you said it, it does add some realism to it in a way even if it does look ugly right now

That light looks like it's illuminating some areas with a lot less work done to them or something. It looks like a shiny baron patch, almost like sand at first glance. I certainly don't think that area looks anywhere near realistic, more like an older game lol

That light looks like it's illuminating some areas with a lot less work done to them or something. It looks like a shiny baron patch, almost like sand at first glance. I certainly don't think that area looks anywhere near realistic, more like an older game lol
well you need to think more outside the box then just at the ugliness :wink:

It looks like that scene is not 100% baked... There are scenes that suffer from GI inconsistencies depending on the time of day. In my eyes, the sunsets are beautiful (the ones in the rocky desert especially seem fantastic to me) but on the other hand we see mornings with too cold cromatism or extremely burnt (high exposure) lighting.

This ss in particular, the raw lighting... look at the totally black blood...

_pd0T.jpg
Juq6O.jpg

It looks like that scene is not 100% baked... There are scenes that suffer from GI inconsistencies depending on the time of day. In my eyes, the sunsets are beautiful (the ones in the rocky desert especially seem fantastic to me) but on the other hand we see mornings with too cold cromatism or extremely burnt (high exposure) lighting.

This ss in particular, the raw lighting... look at the totally black blood...

_pd0T.jpg
Juq6O.jpg
ah good to hear :smile: was little bit worried here that my graphic card was about to burn in to oblivion xD

Beyond the problem of PRT, a comparison of what is expected from the GI to act in that atmosphere (imo). That burned-out light may work in snowy scenes with overcast skies; but not in forests on a clear day.

xjXZb.jpg

Warm...more in line with this:

qQUWZcWJBEJb2Mm5QYitiF.jpg

Man I love that picture is absolutely beautiful.
I like that one in particular too.

That "cinematic" darker effect for some sunsets/dawnings with unpleasant weather are interesting. However some scenes result from some bad reshade aberration. I attribute this to a lack of baking, which makes me wonder... why is a raw scene published without being tested and baked?

blog_post_13_taleworldswebsite_06.png
k3L3I06.gif

In principle every ugly scene like the OP's is going to be corrected eventually...for sure.

I had a pause for 2 months. Now i came back, with a new PC. Hoped for a great experience but the game looks downgraded and infested by graphical errosr all over the place. Everything on very high settings. Occlusion Method causes Grass and Trees to flicker as example. Rendering distance wont work properly. Weired motion blur on trees when slightly moving the camera. The Sky on the campaign map is broken also. Anyone else?

Can someone explain that?
ZriTYlQ.png
jrSXOrV.png

The flickering on one of the open field maps is dreadful. The screen tearing on the campaign map is about as bad as any game I have ever seen. Hard to understand how 8 years equals a game like this.

Back
Top Bottom