Just give up and start over at this point

Users who are viewing this thread

Bannerlord can’t be saved. It’s too far gone and the levels of irony it’s caked in are too deep. Just create a new mount and blade game. Start from scratch. I don’t think anyone cares what time period it is in whether it’s a prequel or sequel to warband, just give up on this and start over. You got your money from it and let’s be honest nobody is buying any dlc to this thing. Have a reasonable focus and plan for a new game. Besides, you’ll make a ton more money by releasing a new game, whether it’s good or bad, than updating and “patching” this dumpster fire. Seriously, I don’t see any other alternative.

Imo it's been an over complicated process in every respect as far as I can tell. Again, just my personal opinion, stop patching this clunky patchwork so much. Get it in good working order and make patches more infrequent, being that each patch brings more technical problems, not to mention a game shouldn't keep changing every patch, i.e the World of Warcraft model.

You got your money from it and let’s be honest nobody is buying any dlc to this thing.
I would buy DLC if it's good and adds content, even if it's from third party like in Warband ?

Just give up and make another Mount & Blade is such a stupid take. It took them 8 years for Bannerlord.
I would rather wait another 2 years for Early Access (I believe in a 2024 release at current pace) then wait another 8 years.

Just give up and make another Mount & Blade is such a stupid take. It took them 8 years for Bannerlord.
13 years, but whose counting.
I would rather wait another 2 years for Early Access (I believe in a 2024 release at current pace) then wait another 8 years.
The point is that the 13 years they’ve spent is a sink cost. It’s gone. We aren’t getting it back. In those 13 years they developed a dumpster fire. They keep trying to fix said dumpster fire, but no matter how much deodorant you spray on a pile of ****, it’s still a pile of **** regardless of the smell. My point is throw all that out. Start over and actually do a game right, in a reasonable timeframe. A year at most for major development. If you want early access, release it for a few months. This is entirely doable with the size of the team over at TW, which is over 100 employees. They can’t pretend to be some indie studio when they print tens of millions per game.

These kind of threads are not useful bro, as much as I dislike many other things, the is still being worked on, and there are a lot to look forward too (even if it's at the hand of modders). We're starting to get actual arguments with devs, and they listen to our suggestions from time to time. I remember suggesting scenes for marriages, and deaths and the such. I like to think they read those long ass suggestions I've made in the past on my previous account, and that they did consider them worthy. You should make suggestions and keep insisting on whats important for this game to have, be sure this kind of thread brings nothing to the table, and could potentially push the devs again. We should take this opportunity

The almost two years of constant and irrelevant Patches only made good mods disappear from circulation, I enjoyed more the 1.6.4 version than 1.7.1, because one of the mods that gave another life to the game Scum and Vilany is not there, and it's not the only, just because TW made the game to mod unfriendly. End the game, once and for all.

Yeah yeah yeah but when the dust settles modders will still make lots of good mods. People will still play Bannerlord. Why? Because there still won't be another game like this. I complain about stuff in the game ( or not) pretty much every day but I have no illusions of it failing or being unplayable or what not. It's done very well, people will likely buy enough on consoles too.

Bannerpie can’t be saved. It’s too far gone and the levels of pastry it’s caked in are too deep. Just create a new pie. Start from scratch. I don’t think anyone cares what filling it has whether it’s sweeter or more savory than the first one, just give up on this and start over. You got your Instagram photos from it and let’s be honest nobody is buying any toppings to this thing. Have a reasonable focus and plan for a new pie. Besides, you’ll make a ton more pies by releasing a new recipe, whether it’s good or bad, than updating and “patching” this oven fire. Seriously, I don’t see any other alternative.

Bannerlord can’t be saved. It’s too far gone and the levels of irony it’s caked in are too deep. Just create a new mount and blade game. Start from scratch. I don’t think anyone cares what time period it is in whether it’s a prequel or sequel to warband, just give up on this and start over. You got your money from it and let’s be honest nobody is buying any dlc to this thing. Have a reasonable focus and plan for a new game. Besides, you’ll make a ton more money by releasing a new game, whether it’s good or bad, than updating and “patching” this dumpster fire. Seriously, I don’t see any other alternative.
Grrroooaaaaannnnnnnnnn.

You're boring Roy. Dear God your ****ing boring....

If ever there was evidence that Roy's just a troll - this is it.

I paid money for Bannerlord - TW are therefore tasked to give me a finished product. Begging TW to 'start again' is one of the most infuriatingly pathetic things I have EVER heard.

Taleworlds need to finish what they started...

Last edited:
Oh look, it's one of those again. Ran out of ideas for more creative troll threads?

You know that just abandoning the game is not a viable option for many reasons, so why would you bother to even write this drivel if it was not just a low effort troll attempt?

All legitimate criticism aside, the game is still at 87% positive of 147,527 steam reviews.

It's one if the most successful and most positively received EA games of all times, so it would be retarded to abandon it. These are the facts.

That doesn't mean all the complaining and moaning on this forum becomes invalid, but you really need to put things into perspective.

All legitimate criticism aside, the game is still at 87% positive of 147,527 steam reviews.

Completely the result of a hyper successful marketing campaign carried almost entirely by Warband's success.

Seriously, Bannerlord had one of the most insanely effective word-of-mouth marketing campaigns in gaming history. It was unprecedented. From 2014-2020, the sheer amount of internet discussions, YouTube videos, memes, and overall hype generated by a rabidly loyal and dedicated fanbase ensured that Bannerlord would sell. People were telling their gaming friends, people were telling their real life friends. Hype for Bannerlord even spilled over into other gaming circles not under the Mount&Blade umbrella. Taleworld's presentation at Gamescom 2016 generated interest, but it was minute compared to the overwhelming zeitgeist fueled by the Warband community.

A lot of people bought Bannerlord, but of those 147,527 steam reviews, how many played it for more than a few hours -a few days at most, before ultimately dropping it, forgetting about Bannerlord entirely, and moving to on the next shiny object? I would imagine an overwhelming amount of them.

Taleworlds capitalized off of the goodwill created by Warband, as well as the collective ADHD that most people seem stricken by nowadays. People will buy a $40-50 game simply because it appears popular and everyone else seems to be playing it, they'll play a few hours, leave a positive review (without ever really taking the time or effort to question the depth or balance of the game), and then just as quickly they'll buy the next $40-50 game that everyone is playing a week later.

I suppose from an economic model you can't blame them for the exploitation of societal tendencies and market trends, but at this point I'd say that Taleworlds are probably better businessmen than they are creative auteurs.

86% is the AVERAGE rating for a Steam game, you are being fooled by the binary review mechanism to think it's a high number. The system is heavily skewed towards high numbers. Half of the games on Steam are rated "Very Positive" or higher, because Steam wants you to buy their games, not to get precise ratings. The great games are typically at "Overwhelmingly Positive".

Bannerlord does well in the EA average, but the number of failed EA indie games with terrible ratings is high and more is expected from an established company.

Preliminary-study-dataset-description.png

Back
Top Bottom