Just feel confused about the logic of making peace

Users who are viewing this thread

LEEKA

Recruit
my bannerlord version is e1.7.1
And there is the reason why I post this thread:
C1BB2045005FEFBBA2BC4184FF4841E5ED39A586

As the image show:
I make war with three fractions. For any fractions of them, I have the upper hand in the conflict. But if I decide to make peace with them, I have to pay for them.
In this case, I conqured 2 towns and 1 castle form Western Empire, and defeated their armies no less than 10 times . But only I pay for them, I can make peace with them. Isn't strange?
Additionally, sometimes if I ask for peace I have to pay them, but in the same time, the hostile faction will send a proposal of peace (and they will pay for us).
I'm confused about this since e1.6.5……Is it an AI mistake?

What? Winning the war and having triple strength from your enemy but still having to pay them tribute doesnt make sense to you?
pffft strange ppl man these days xd

Must be that in their little coded ''minds'' they think that they can still beat you up so you have to pay them or spent like 10 hours trying to get all lords prisoners while they escape every other day lol
cool beans...thats a dreamfull gameplay right here.

Another thing you could do from what i learned recently is you can get more unwanted clans in your kingdom with no fiefs and boom now the enemy pays you tribute.

Last edited:
What? Winning the war and having triple strength from your enemy but still having to pay them tribute doesnt make sense to you?
pffft strange ppl man these days xd

Must be that in their little coded ''minds'' they think that they can still beat you up so you have to pay them or spent like 10 hours trying to get all lords prisoners while they escape every other day lol
cool beans...thats a dreamfull gameplay right here.

Another thing you could do from what i learned recently is you can get more unwanted clans in your kingdom with no fiefs and boom now the enemy pays you tribute.
It's funny how winning battles has no effect on anything. Death of the lord has no effect on anything. Capture of the king has no effect on anything. Capturing a city or a castle has a reversed effect (YOU have to pay more, AI doesn't want to make peace)... It's all about capturing the lords, but now, when they implemented a prisoner limit (what for?) and the dumb AI throws every peasant in jail, you cannot place any lord in a jail. You have to go throughout the whole map to thrown them in your jail, cause it has no prisoner limit. Or you can drag them along, but without correct perks they will escape 2 minutes after the capture.

FUN!

It's funny how winning battles has no effect on anything. Death of the lord has no effect on anything. Capture of the king has no effect on anything. Capturing a city or a castle has a reversed effect (YOU have to pay more, AI doesn't want to make peace)... It's all about capturing the lords, but now, when they implemented a prisoner limit (what for?) and the dumb AI throws every peasant in jail, you cannot place any lord in a jail. You have to go throughout the whole map to thrown them in your jail, cause it has no prisoner limit. Or you can drag them along, but without correct perks they will escape 2 minutes after the capture.

FUN!
True bro, U really complaint what i want to. XD
i even see an army abandon the seige just for traveling half of the map to protect a town... If it isn't wrong, it's dumb.

i even see an army abandon the seige just for traveling half of the map to protect a town... If it isn't wrong, it's dumb.
I've even seen an army abandon a siege so they can take 1 step and then rebuild siege camp again....that's some brilliant coding if you ask me!!!

The logic is this:
This is a battle game. You get your enjoyment through fighting battles with enemies. So, when you are at war, the enemy "allows" you to have fun by making battle to them and at the end of the day they want you to pay them for all the fun you had.

They need to make a second system for when they player is involved or maybe 1 for vassal and 1 for ruler. TW really doesn't want too and seems stubborn About it but is should be obvious: ANY system designed to keep the AI from expanding too fast (or sometimes at all) is not appropriate for the player faction, players expect everything to make sense and for their progress to be encouraged by the mechanics.

They need to make a second system for when they player is involved or maybe 1 for vassal and 1 for ruler. TW really doesn't want too and seems stubborn About it but is should be obvious: ANY system designed to keep the AI from expanding too fast (or sometimes at all) is not appropriate for the player faction, players expect everything to make sense and for their progress to be encouraged by the mechanics.
Since when does TW make sense? Something that is obvious to fix they make it like it's end of the world dilemna

The logic is this:
This is a battle game. You get your enjoyment through fighting battles with enemies. So, when you are at war, the enemy "allows" you to have fun by making battle to them and at the end of the day they want you to pay them for all the fun you had.
True , Bannerlord is a Medieval type battle simulator loosely spritzed with minimal rpg elements , yet it could've been so much more.

The logic is this:
True , Bannerlord is a Medieval type battle simulator loosely spritzed with minimal rpg elements , yet it could've been so much more.

I was being a smart @$$...

They don't need a 2nd system they should overhaul the one they have because it's way too convoluted and runs counter to any logical sense. That's why we get threads like this one. People called for an end to snowballing but ofc Taleworlds implements it in the worse possible way and afaik no one wanted or even asked for a system like this. But here we are. I have never seen a video game company so bad at making base game mechanics. They're either way too confusing to new players, far too basic to actually do anything, way too grindy or are so poorly implemented that they actually aren't fun for many players.

People called for an end to snowballing but ofc Taleworlds implements it in the worse possible way and afaik no one wanted or even asked for a system like this. But here we are
+1

Was saying this the whole time that was going down. Yes ok, address snowballing but lets address politics as a whole rather than just "stop snowballing". This distracted the fanbase leading them to believe there would be a real continued working relationship between Developer and Fan.

+1

Was saying this the whole time that was going down. Yes ok, address snowballing but lets address politics as a whole rather than just "stop snowballing". This distracted the fanbase leading them to believe there would be a real continued working relationship between Developer and Fan.
Yeah the snowballing thing was because the Khuzait steamrolled every game.

Having the same faction dominate the map on every go-around is a bad thing. But snowballing itself isn't. It makes a ton of sense for factions to snowball, thats also what makes the game unpredictable and every playthrough entertaining.

Right now the snowballing in every direction has stopped but thats also put the game in a stalemate. It is very fickle right now to keep everything perfectly balanced as some things should be (not all).

A perfect balance is costing us:
Feasts (if all lord gathers in 1 place they can be steamrolled)
Alliances
Peacemaking
Death of lords
Mercenary clans making any sense

Nothing feels like it has impact because it doesn't. It is not allowed to have impact because that would skew the balance. Every battle is incredible hard fought and every castle and town immediatly gets challenged because there needs to be a quid pro quo.

At a new playthrough it barely matters what faction you choose to back because you are always the deciding party. You are quite literally the kingmaker. Everything else stagnates until you do so.

That's the issue though, your sarcasm aside, because I think you know it too - who pays tribute should be a function of who has the greater military strength and who has won the most battles.

That's the issue though, your sarcasm aside, because I think you know it too - who pays tribute should be a function of who has the greater military strength and who has won the most battles.
This guy might outnumber each of the three factions individually but together I bet their strength is very close to his. Since he is in war with 2 other factions this faction wants to be paid to not be an annoyance.

Also he his strength to fief ratio is too low (51 fiefs w/ 20k strength, he's got ~400 strength a fief, while his enemy has 11 fiefs and 7k strength which is 684 strength a fief) so he would be considered overextended, especially against 3 enemies.

Now to answer his real question of why sometimes he gets a peace proposal where the enemy pays. This happens because there is actually 2 values for tribute during a war, the value if you ask for peace and the value if your enemy asks for peace. You only ever see the value if you ask for peace, which would be considered surrendering so you get the worse end of the deal. If the enemy asks for peace you get a much better deal as you officially win the war.

Here is a recent example I encountered of whoever asks for peace is the one who has to pay the tribute.
hvkus.jpg
-dYFz.jpg

Back
Top Bottom