Just curious about this

Users who are viewing this thread

There's always room for desert! What's for breakfast tomorrow?

Too be fair to Bannerlord, you can stomp a faction (on hardest settings) as a solo clan and take over the map yourself, starting even very early in the game, which you couldn't do in warband. In warband there was no option to make peace and so even if you martially could over power a faction yourself you would have all the factions dog piling you very quickly. In bannerlord you can make peace as a solo clan so you can control the wars for yourself as long as you're not in a faction or a ruler. Now is this just an oversight and balance issue? Yeah probably, but at least for now it is a viable way to play Bannerlord that wasn't viable in warband.
+1 both points.

It only sounded very rehearsed to me imo. And what I meant is that, when you described what you were doing in your current save is more or less the only thing you CAN do in Bannerlord, as it has been brought up in several threads several times and that is that it is very linear.
Forum: Script version3.21.3a ENJOYMENTOFGAME -when asked if you play Bannerlord-

I love playing Bannerdlord *INSERT PATCH VERSION*. In this run I played *FACTION-NAME* and enjoyed *WAR/PEACE/WARAGAIN*.

LOL, oh my gosh. :LOL:

At this point I am just laughing at anyone immersed in this game, to all his own though.
Hey man, just being friendly here, you need a break from the forums. That type of attidude is really not helpful and its just the poison inside of you coming out.

Do you use mods? If yes, which ones and what is your favourite one?
I don't no, I prefer to stick to Native for now despite playing a bunch of mods in Warband. I have used the RTS Camera a while ago. I always thought signing up to serve in an army was a nice mod from Warband so it's cool to see Freelancer coming to Bannerlord as well. I do look at Bannerlord mods and make it part of my community feedback reports though.
A good trick is to make a female character and then they won't give you the stinky village and you can use the "no fief" credit to more easily get awarded a fief you take for yourself like a rich town.
Damn, I never played with a female character in Warband. Good one...
Yes, this was a difficult mechanic for many players to understand. Many people who asked about it still didn't get it after a full lesson. It's really good in 1.5.10 that there's no penalty to skill learning penalty for gaining main character levels. It means players can just gain thier levels and do what they please and it won't hurt them if they didn't fully understand the whole system.
Yeah, it's hard to come to this conclusion on your own even after playing for a while.
There's always room for desert! What's for breakfast tomorrow?
Cornflakes and milk probably :grin: Or maybe toast and poached egg on top if I am feeling excited. I do make an effort for lunch and dinner every so often though.

I always thought signing up to serve in an army was a nice mod from Warband so it's cool to see Freelancer coming to Bannerlord as well.
Yo try it while it still works, I'm sure you saw but bloc wont be supporting it anymore. After playing the early game of vanilla bannerlord every new patch and it getting kind of stale (after over 1000 hours lol), freelancer has brought a lot of life for me to early game and gives a much more logical start and opportunity to build yourself up before focusing on your party. It always bothered me a bit to be the weakest person in the party but the leader at the start of a playthrough.

I loved freelancer in warband and bloc did a really good job recreating that experience in bannerlord. I highly recommend it to anyone before it becomes incompatible.

Well, getting married does enable you to throw feasts, which is very useful if you're aiming to have your own kingdom.

I've posted this before, but there are several advantages to playing as a female character:

• You're not constantly losing relation with kings because you keep rejecting their offers of vassalship.
  • You don't have to suck up to a guy and his daughter/sister in order to get married.
  • You don't have to come up with a dowry or wait until you get a castle/town to get married.
  • You don't have to memorize any bad poetry.
  • You'll never have to duel anyone over a love affair.
  • As long as you're married, rebelling and keeping your properties is easy.
  • You can garrison troops in any property your husband owns, free of charge. You can also take troops from his properties.
  • You can steal high-value prisoners from his properties as well, and you get the ransom!
  • You're guaranteed at least 1 vassal for your kingdom right away.

The one in bold writing is the chief advantage of playing as a female character, and what the wiki means when they say you can use a husband as a political tool: Join a faction, get married, and rack up a bunch of fiefs together with your husband. Once you're rich enough and have a lot of properties between the two of you, convince your husband that you really should be Queen of Calradia, and you've instantly rebelled with all the properties you jointly own, and with your husband as a vassal. No need to wait to get rejected for a fief, no need to lose your properties. Or, take up a claimant's cause, convince a lord to join the cause as well and marry him, and have the claimant assign all fiefs to you and/or your husband. Then, tell the claimant you don't think their rebellion will succeed and withdraw. Now you've got most of their territories and you've weakened both the original faction and the claimant's faction, so they're easy to conquer. If you have the Diplomacy mod, you can also marry a claimant directly, but then you don't get to rule personally.
I always like to quote this when the topic of playing as female character in Warband is mentioned. It is pretty damn overpowered.

I always thought signing up to serve in an army was a nice mod from Warband so it's cool to see Freelancer coming to Bannerlord as well.
not anymore it isn't. but you already knew that.

• You can garrison troops in any property your husband owns, free of charge. You can also take troops from his properties.
This one gets even better as a ruler because you can just give fiefs to husband wherever you want free troops storage and it doesn't even tank your tax inefficiency.

Another great advantage is certain starting choices getting you stats spread not possible on the male, such as getting 4 riding but most attributes not goin into agility (only 6 agi) and being able to start with higher int, so at level 13 you can have maxed surgery (26 int + 2books) and ride a warhorse, then rest of your levelsl to build personal combat(BOW) or leadership (if you're casual).

No? I think that if you've enjoyed the Warband combat and progression of units in your party, you can't really hate the Bannerlord one. This will be a very broad question but what do you dislike about either of these two?
I don't really agree with the tone of the person who you were quoting myself, but what you are saying here is simply not true. I have 2000+ hours in Warband (about half of it unmodded), and it's probably my favorite game of all times. And yet I find the combat system in Bannerlord annoying, and absolutely hate the progression (or rather, the lack of thereof).

To answer your question even if it was not directed at me:
(i) Combat: I have no idea why y'all tried to fix what was not broken, Warband's combat was the best I have ever experienced. Bannerlord on the other hand feels like someone took that and made it wonky. To be specific:
  1. You need to tilt the camera to a weird angle to be able to hit unit from a horse with a non long reaching weapon (which is what I was aiming at with my question);
  2. Horse slide through infantry like they took a bath in lubricant. It's really weird and prevents one from enjoying mounted combat trampling infantry isn't really a thing anymore, and on the other hand you can't really stop a cavalry charger because they will just slide through the ranks;
  3. Infantry melee is unsatisfactory, again because of collision problems, that turn things into a blob instead of a solid battle.
(ii) Progression: what progression? Armor has almost no effect on the damage you receive. Elite troops die almost as easily as recruits. You can build an army of bow/crossbow users from the beginning and that's all you need to beat anything in this game (or you can do horse archers if you want to put up with buying horses to go faster on the map). There is also no viable alternative to fighting battles as a way of playing. Trading used to be good and I enjoyed it when the game first released, but now it is just completely sub par when compared to fighting battles. In Warband at least you had some side activities that would break the monotony every now and then.

I know that your job is to promote the game, but the kindest word I can find to describe it is mediocre. Y'all are losing your community over this, I hope you realize.

Your thoughts on the mid - end game please. My definition of mid game is after you obtain your first town. Yours may vary of course so please feel free to define what you consider as mid and end game.

Much appreciated.

Hey buddy. You've missed this question.

Would you care to comment on the mid-end game please.

@Dejan

Crickets. Lol

That’s the answer!
Yeah, because someone needs to be on the forum 24/7, especially on a weekend. Mind you, Dejan responded as a player; he may as well never respond again. Maybe you should go out on a Sunday too.

Too be fair to Bannerlord, you can stomp a faction (on hardest settings) as a solo clan and take over the map yourself, starting even very early in the game, which you couldn't do in warband. In warband there was no option to make peace and so even if you martially could over power a faction yourself you would have all the factions dog piling you very quickly. In bannerlord you can make peace as a solo clan so you can control the wars for yourself as long as you're not in a faction or a ruler. Now is this just an oversight and balance issue? Yeah probably, but at least for now it is a viable way to play Bannerlord that wasn't viable in warband.
Doesnt whole faction attack your solo clan when you declare war at them? I mean how can you defend against 2000+ soldiers coming to you without cheesing game somehow?

Doesnt whole faction attack your solo clan when you declare war at them? I mean how can you defend against 2000+ soldiers coming to you without cheesing game somehow?
They can try. I'm faster and every unit is soupier ? There's no way they can force me to fight a unfavorable battle. They don't have 2000k soldiers because I take down their parties while they're trying to assemble. The left overs typically are setting thier watching me take thier town to scared to attack me and if they do GOOD, if the garrison sallies out GOOD. Everything they can do is an advantage to me because I can control my troops 10X better then the AI in a normal battle and kill any problem units with my PC.

And keep in mind early game you have no fief for them to attack, it's all your choice to attack and by fore recruiting thier nobles you not only get the best units (Khan's guards) early but you deprive them of recruiting them as replacements. So by the time you have town they can attack your chosen enemy is much weaker then they started. Also, they seem to not ever attack a town that's far enough away. Say Khuzait seem to not go for stuff past epicracia or about. That could change if they got other fiefs closer but in many many games I see they never try to attack towns like lageta or further towns. They will go after norther empire area towns though. So early game don't poo where you eat! If you take a rebel town take it far away from your chosen enemy! If you move to take a town in the enemy territory make sure you have peace money incase they do amass a 2k man army.

Yeah, because someone needs to be on the forum 24/7, especially on a weekend. Mind you, Dejan responded as a player; he may as well never respond again. Maybe you should go out on a Sunday too.

To be fair, my question was raised on a Thursday and during that time, many other questions were answered. It's fine to ignore my question of course. There's no obligation on his part to respond to any question. As for you, does your hypocrisy know no bounds? Or are you so full of yourself?

Lastly, I note the warning given to the poor chap. What for?

Was it abusive? No. Was it inappropriate? Hardly. Was it spamming? One post hardly seems like spamming.

It's this kind of heavy handed approach to paying customers that really annoys me.

Back
Top Bottom