Just add a topic filtering system

Users who are viewing this thread

Revverie

I don't know if this belongs here but please just add a topic filtering, seriously there is just no use for 4 threads per day about Bannerlord not getting released or getting critiziced by overly repeated arguments or baby cryouts, add a filter and just let in what is useful to thread on

I, for one, would not want to approve or reject every topic that gets posted, and I would be one of those tasked with doing it. No thanks, bud.

There are lots of threads complaining about the game not being released because there are lots of people who really want to play it. :razz:

While topic filtering sounds indeed like too much, there’s a lot we can do about better structuring the forums so things are easier to find and engage with, let’s see what we can come up with when the time is right.

Roccoflipside said:
I, for one, enjoy those threads because Orion gets to show off his meme moderating style  :iamamoron:

Ah... yes... Onion brought forth a brand new style of moderation that introduced freshness and swag into our more traditional team, quite the addition  :lol: who knows? Maybe that style will become the new norm eventually, you usually can’t fully distinguish and classify artistic trends until after that new artist has been doing it for a very long time  :razz:

Orion said:
I, for one, would not want to approve or reject every topic that gets posted, and I would be one of those tasked with doing it. No thanks, bud.
I assumed that the way Reddit did it was automated: if your thread contained the wrong keyword(s) or the wrong format, it wouldn't get posted. If you didn't like that, then you could appeal to the mods. If that's what Oswald's suggesting, I'd say he has a point. I've seen multiple people mention lately that there have been newbies who create an account just to make one thread crying about BL, and then they don't post again. Maybe that would be a good use for an automated topic filter: stop 'em before their threads even get posted. If they're serious about being heard, they can appeal and you can decide if it's worth it or not. If they just hit "post" and leave and never come back, maybe they won't even know that their threads have been blocked. It might also save you mods from having to deal with any off topic spam or flaming that can happen in those kind of threads.

Come to think of it, do you guys already use an automated filter to stop the spambots?

Reddit by default doesn't have any filtering. It has up and down votes which control what shows up on the first few pages of the community and automoderators which are just bots that follow generic rules like "your title must have me_irl in it". TaleWorlds is more like a traditional forum where recent replies bumps threads to the top.

Count Delinard said:
Ah... yes... Onion brought forth a brand new style of moderation that introduced freshness and swag into our more traditional team, quite the addition  :lol: who knows? Maybe that style will become the new norm eventually, you usually can’t fully distinguish and classify artistic trends until after that new artist has been doing it for a very long time  :razz:

Good luck with that Deli.  :lol:

Back
Top Bottom