Just a little curiosity about names (Empire and any other of the barbarians) & little notes to Tales and ppl

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello, morning!

I gotta say I expect this game so much, TalesWorld became my favourite Game company since I love strategy games, war games (medieval and ancient times, ok.. sometimes napoleonic era). I believe they are doing an excellent job with their resources and capacity, I'm not a game designer let alone a programmer, so i believe they're doing all their can, every project has limitations. Imagine your boss criticizing you every step of your work, kill any mood, right?

So, let's talk about names? hahaha

The Empire is based on the Eastern Roman Empire/ Byzantine.... So, their names shouldn't be Latin as well? Lucon ----> Lucius?
And what other cultures is based on their factions? Ostrogoths? Gauls? Franks?

Since the Empire is based off Late Rome and Early Byzantium there should be indeed some Latin names, but later they completely switched to Greek.

Vlandia is based off the Normans
Battania off Celts
Sturgia off Vikings and Slavs
Aserai off pre-Muslim Middle East, so basically Sassanid Persia
Khuzaits.. i dont know either Seljuk Turks or just Mongols (i mean theres really not a huge diffrence)

I really like the setting. Early medieval times are so fascinating yet almost untouched in entertainment

Back
Top Bottom