Just 9 save slots?

Users who are viewing this thread

Sikker

Recruit
Is there any way to get more then 9 save slots? I know you can go to the files and copy them to another place but its kinda annoying to do that all the time, isn't there a way to have more then 9 slots at the same time?

Its cus I like to play multiple characters in case I get bored with the ones I already have :razz:

I agree, we should be able to save more than nine. I'm just reaching the point where I have nine save games with significant time, if I start another game I'd probably have to choose which of my characters to delete.

One thing you can do is to just make a duplicate module - copy your Native module and rename it 'Native - characters 10-18' or something, and voila, nine more save slots. It's still inelegant, but hey.

or go to your mountandbladewarband savegames thingy and rename one of your savegames to like Jhonnydep, then you will get one free slot in your savegames. Then you can start a new game. When you want to play with jhonny again just rename jhonny to its old name, and name the new savegame to jhonnydepwannabe. Get what I mean?

manekemaan said:
or go to your mountandbladewarband savegames thingy and rename one of your savegames to like Jhonnydep, then you will get one free slot in your savegames. Then you can start a new game. When you want to play with jhonny again just rename jhonny to its old name, and name the new savegame to jhonnydepwannabe. Get what I mean?

Yeah I'm aware of that but I was hoping there would be some easier way so that I don't have to rename them all the time, and just have like 50 slots at the same time.

An awkward option that takes an extra 70MB of space for each +9 slots would be to make a copy of your ...Warband\Modules\Native\ folder and name it "Native 2" or some such. Then, when you start the game, select Native 2 instead of Native from the drop down menu and you would have a new set of save slots there as different modules' save slots are kept separately.

To save the disk space, I suppose, you could create fake module folders and use Windows junctions to simulate the other folders, for instance linking a Native 2 folder to the real Native folder, etc. You'd still need to select either Native 2 or Native in the drop down menu to access their array of 9 slots, but it wouldn't take up extra space on your disk for the duplicates of the Native module.

I use this trick to get my savegames out of the \Documents\ directory, so the disk space is used elsewhere, as I describe in this post:
Caba`drin said:
Unfortunately, no, there's no option to move the folder, so no way to reduce the Documents folder clutter. There is a work around for disk space usage, however.

I, too, have separate/partitioned drives for the OS, games, what-have-you and so have moved the save game folder and the config/settings/screenshots/export folder into my Warband game directory on the other drive.

I've then created a junction between fake folders within Documents and the real data in the Warband game directory using the following Windows command:
Code:
mklink /j source-path target-path

To Warband, the data is still in Documents\Mount&Blade Warband\, but the actual disk space is in my Warband game directory.

Caba`drin said:
An awkward option that takes an extra 70MB of space for each +9 slots would be to make a copy of your ...Warband\Modules\Native\ folder and name it "Native 2" or some such. Then, when you start the game, select Native 2 instead of Native from the drop down menu and you would have a new set of save slots there as different modules' save slots are kept separately.

To save the disk space, I suppose, you could create fake module folders and use Windows junctions to simulate the other folders, for instance linking a Native 2 folder to the real Native folder, etc. You'd still need to select either Native 2 or Native in the drop down menu to access their array of 9 slots, but it wouldn't take up extra space on your disk for the duplicates of the Native module.

I use this trick to get my savegames out of the \Documents\ directory, so the disk space is used elsewhere, as I describe in this post:
Caba`drin said:
Unfortunately, no, there's no option to move the folder, so no way to reduce the Documents folder clutter. There is a work around for disk space usage, however.

I, too, have separate/partitioned drives for the OS, games, what-have-you and so have moved the save game folder and the config/settings/screenshots/export folder into my Warband game directory on the other drive.

I've then created a junction between fake folders within Documents and the real data in the Warband game directory using the following Windows command:
Code:
mklink /j source-path target-path

To Warband, the data is still in Documents\Mount&Blade Warband\, but the actual disk space is in my Warband game directory.

Yeah, that sounds nice, I have tried it before. But what about when a new patch comes, wouldn't that mess things up, or would it automatically update both native1 and native2?

Sikker said:
Yeah, that sounds nice, I have tried it before. But what about when a new patch comes, wouldn't that mess things up, or would it automatically update both native1 and native2?
If you use the version where you actually copy Native to a new folder Native1, yes you would need to re-copy the patch-updated Native to Native1 again.

If you use Windows junctions, Native1 really points to Native (like a shortcut in a way) so if Native is updated, Native1 reflects those same changes...since in reality only Native exists.

9 seems like plenty to me and backing up is hardly any hassle, unless you're regularly playing more than 9 different saves.

Which is really quite ridiculous.

I think that Bannerlord proves that is not 'ridiculous'. There are too many ways to play the game and its mods. 9 save slots are not enough for such a game any tips on how to change this number would be great. The other way is a cutting and pasting saves to different folders which very inconvenient.

I think that Bannerlord proves that is not 'ridiculous'. There are too many ways to play the game and its mods. 9 save slots are not enough for such a game any tips on how to change this number would be great. The other way is a cutting and pasting saves to different folders which very inconvenient.
This thread is from 2011 and for Warband my man

Back
Top Bottom