Need More Info Juicy little 1.4.0 CRASH when in world map

Users who are viewing this thread

TheAkuma

Recruit
Playing with a sizeable mod list but I'm getting this error (Using better exceptions mod):

Source: TaleWorlds.Core

Exception of type 'System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException' was thrown. Parameter name: formationClass Actual value was -1.

at TaleWorlds.Core.FormationClassExtensions.GetName(FormationClass formationClass)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.ViewModelCollection.TooltipVMExtensions.AddPartyTroopProperties(TooltipVM tooltipVM, TroopRoster troopRoster, TextObject title, Boolean isInspected, Func`1 funcToDoBeforeLambda)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.ViewModelCollection.TooltipVMExtensions.UpdateTooltip(TooltipVM tooltipVM, Int32 partyIndex, Int32 villageSiteIndex, Boolean openedFromMenuLayout)
at TaleWorlds.Core.ViewModelCollection.TooltipVM.OpenTooltip(Type type, Object[] args)
at SandBox.View.Map.MapScreen.SetupMapTooltipForParty(Int32 partyIndex, Int32 villageTypeIndex)
at SandBox.View.Map.MapScreen.HandleMouse()
at SandBox.View.Map.MapScreen.TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.IMapStateHandler.BeforeTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.MapState.OnMapModeTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.Core.GameStateManager.OnTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.Core.Game.OnTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.Core.GameManagerBase.OnTick(Single dt)
at DMD?1474181::OnApplicationTick_Patch1>(Module this, Single dt)

No idea what's going on. Doesn't seem mod related.

Last edited:
I'm getting the same crash. It happens whenever I mouse over an enemy party in the campaign map, and I'm close enough to see their troop composition. I'm playing in 1.4.1 though.

I FOUND THE SOLUTION. ITS TROOP TREES.

I've been modding my own game for a while and I've been trying to release a mod for an expansion pack of troops that are rare/hard to find for each of their cultures. Empire has a spartan sub-class, Aserai have ninjas, etc. If I'm right, there's 8 different FormationClass that correlate with the 8 ingame. That being infantry, ranged, cav, horse archers, etc.

If I'm right, there also seemed to be multiple names for each tag. This is the kicker. One of my trees became Archers rather than Ranged which Archer seemed to be valid before, but that's not the case anymore.

The report won't specify what mod it is because it's coming from core TaleWorld functions. It's reading off mods rather than them acting independently, which is why this was a little confusing to look into.

Make sure all your troops/troop trees have the right FormationClass in their XML!

Hope this could help anyone.

Hi, can you try disabling all mods and verifying your game files through Steam? If you can recreat the crash on a new save without any mods, please give me more info using the template below:

Summary:
How to Reproduce:
Quest/Settlement Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Version:
Installed community-made modifications:
Computer Specs:
GPU:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):