Joker's Kingdom of Heaven topic (almost 300 medium sized pictures!)

Users who are viewing this thread

That hospitaller was my favourate along with that german lawyer(?) :razz:, i like it how they never named him.

Ridley Scott was quite impressed by his strength. I wondered though how many clichés about Germans he consolidated... starting to fight first after being letally wounded.  :razz:

Thanks for the screenshots. I never noticed the Mac Bible cleaver or the Opsrey Saracen Faris warhammer.

Clichés?
This guy starts the fight after being hit.
A few hundreds years later the prussians shot before they asked and only a few years after that we thought we could still win even though the enemy was already at the gates.

I'm not saying it is a good thing or somehow clever but it is no cliché that's typical!  :cool:

Cuthalion said:
Thanks for the screenshots. I never noticed the Mac Bible cleaver or the Opsrey Saracen Faris warhammer.

Me neither. Sure they had two good researchers and some bad researchers, and they had to agree in these kind of things.

Good Researcher "In the Mac Bible there is this weapon, a cleaver"
Bad Researcher "I read somewhere in the Internet that Muslims used it, as well as they used these cool 18th Century helmets"

kuauik said:
where is the most badass slash from mr.Hospitaller on horseback :razz: i love David Tewliss :mrgreen:

Here. Together with more blood  :wink:

304.png

296.png

298.png

299.png

300.png

301.png

302.png

305.png

307.png

308.png

309.png

310.png

311.png

312.png

313.png

314.png

315.png

316.png

317.png

318.png

319.png

320.png

321.png

322.png

323.png

325.png

326.png

327.png

329.png

331.png

332.png

Cuthalion said:

Some more pics, also with the cleaver and this hammer, this time in the hand of a templar ( :???: ):

324.png

330.png

293.png

294.png

295.png

297.png

303.png

306.png

I also found something interesting: a chain at the back of the great helmet of the third assassin knight (the guy with the morningstar). I never saw something like that, but I suppose it's meant for simply dropping the helmet off after the first clash with lances, to have the better overview of the sorroundings, fighting on with the mail coif or a small skull cap (correct name? German: "Beckenhaube")

328.png

the chain on the back  is from early 14th century,its connected with the belt and helmet preventing the helmet to get lost,so its ridiculous in the movie,also tha pig sound when the knight died was typical hollywood

kuauik said:
the chain on the back  is from early 14th century,its connected with the belt and helmet preventing the helmet to get lost,so its ridiculous in the movie,also tha pig sound when the knight died was typical hollywood

I've heard a sound from starcraft (That sound that plays when you first click on the icon, and get the desk loader GUI) in a 7th grade nature documentary. :grin:

I recommend that everyone, who has not yet done so, to get their hands on the director's cut (extended version - about 30 minutes longer).  It is almost like an all new movie and gives much more sense to the overall story.  Wont go into historical accuracy and so forth...

Right. I got some pictures of it, for example the few first shots in and around the castle, the last attacker in the French woods being executed by a warhammer, Balian sitting in the desert, the hospitaller standing behind him, the coronation of Sybilla's son, the final duel between Balian and Guy...

Still...anyone seen the Rome series? The characters stuck in their ancient ways of thinking are by no means as distant to us as the screenplay author of KoH said in his audio commentary. Arn the Templar wasn't exactly "hiostoric" in that respect either, so I'm still waiting to see a movie (especially about something as complex and misunderstood as the crusades) which pays attention to what the people actually did and thought. Apparently there's only The Name of the Rose.

Cuthalion said:
Still...anyone seen the Rome series? The characters stuck in their ancient ways of thinking are by no means as distant to us as the screenplay author of KoH said in his audio commentary. Arn the Templar wasn't exactly "hiostoric" in that respect either, so I'm still waiting to see a movie (especially about something as complex and misunderstood as the crusades) which pays attention to what the people actually did and thought. Apparently there's only The Name of the Rose.

You have a good point. I still have to find a film in which they show me the real thinking of the XII-XIIIth Century knights, a way of thinking that would appear both fantasious and romantic today, but that was very real.

I try to introduce all of these issues in the dialogues of our companions, though.

Cèsar de Quart said:
Cuthalion said:

You have a good point. I still have to find a film in which they show me the real thinking of the XII-XIIIth Century knights, a way of thinking that would appear both fantasious and romantic today, but that was very real.

I try to introduce all of these issues in the dialogues of our companions, though.
did you saw that movie i sent you?Perceval du Gallois

kuauik said:
Cèsar de Quart said:
Cuthalion said:

did you saw that movie i sent you?Perceval du Gallois

Not entirely. I was surprised about the "quality" of the scenes. I'm quite materialistic when it comes to this. I don't like Robin Hood, but I'd buy the DVD only to see those beautiful medieval hauberks and surcoats and castles...

It was not what I expected, but now that I know, I might watch it again with the proper perspective.

Cèsar de Quart said:
Not entirely. I was surprised about the "quality" of the scenes. I'm quite materialistic when it comes to this. I don't like Robin Hood, but I'd buy the DVD only to see those beautiful medieval hauberks and surcoats and castles...
Hehe, sounds familiar to me (too bad I cannot enjoy HD movies yet). In Robin Hood they even had mail mittens, unlike in KoH, but after seeing the cleaver I'm not even sure there. Maybe in the next movie the Weta Workshop will offer those one-piece shirts with attatched coifs.... if they are cool enough.

Back
Top Bottom