Joining siege combat

Users who are viewing this thread

hessuu

Sergeant Knight
How I can join a siege combat? I used "CHEAT: LIKE ME" -thing to the Rhodok king and ordered him to take one of Swadia's castles. King started to fight against the castle's garrison and was losing troops fast. How can I join the combat(/fun) ?

I'm using version 0.1g.2

Unfortunatly its simply not working. But as far as I know its no BK but a vanilla problem. I think it needs to become part of a major AI overhaul related to all that "following", "joining" and "ordering" stuff. Not sure if ashes is adressing it right now.

There is a cheat that makes your relations higher?!?! :shock:
I dint know that!
What where and how can i use it?!?!?!?!

Chechen! said:
I dint know that!

- Talk to lord/king.
Click "I wish to ask you for a favor." -option.
Then you should see "CHEAT: LIKE ME".
It rises relation to lord/king by 20 units.

- It's very useful.  :grin: If I play as khergit I can order Sanjar Khan and his army of +1800 men to take enemy towns and castles.  :twisted:

hessuu said:
Chechen! said:
I dint know that!

- Talk to lord/king.
Click "I wish to ask you for a favor." -option.
Then you should see "CHEAT: LIKE ME".
It rises relation to lord/king by 20 units.

- It's very useful.  :grin: If I play as khergit I can order Sanjar Khan and his army of +1800 men to take enemy towns and castles.  :twisted:
Thx man!

hessuu said:
How I can join a siege combat? I used "CHEAT: LIKE ME" -thing to the Rhodok king and ordered him to take one of Swadia's castles. King started to fight against the castle's garrison and was losing troops fast. How can I join the combat(/fun) ?

I'm using version 0.1g.2
You can wait until there is a break in the fighting.  At some point the two armies will break off attacking for a few seconds, and you have to be ready to jump in at that time.  Allies won't let you help them, but you can commandeer the siege from them at a break and get the castle for yourself after they have done all the wearing down of the garrison.

I haven't seen an AI army successfully take a castle or town at all - I've watched a castle under siege for hours and the troop counts of both armies never changes. Also I was in a town when it was under siege once and I was able to come and go from the city with no problems (I was a mercenary for the faction who owned the city which was under attack) and there was no fighting to get involved in.

I have, and the castle and attached village was given to me as a reward for all the work I have done for my king. I kept on refusing but he reall wanted me to have it. Problem I find with the seige is even after you have waited out the days there doesn't seem to be a change in the amount of defenders, or am I missing something?

Just sitting outside sieging the castle, I don't think that will actually kill anyone or anything. It seems, at least to me, that all that really does is keep the caravans and villagers away. Because lords can still walk past you if they want to. To actually kill any defenders, you have to attack the town.

Then why bother having it as a feature? The purpose of sieging was to starve out the defenderso the castle was earier to take. In that case don't bother sitting outside just attack straight away. Makes no sense.  :???:

Back
Top Bottom