Joining armies at the start as a common soldier?

Users who are viewing this thread

I was just curious. When I start the game for the very first time, will I have the option to simply walk up to a lord's army or keep, and sign up as a lowly soldier? Like, starting at the bottom of the totem pole, given bad gear and low pay? With the ability to fight in said lord's army, climbing its ranks? I just thought that would be neat. Start as a grunt, fight in battles and tournments, distinguish yourself, become a sergeant, lead a small detachment, and keep climbing the ranks until maybe, just maybe, you get noticed by the faction leader, get your own title and maybe a village, or, hell, do so well in a siege that the lord entrusts the taken keep to you. Was just wondering, thanks!

The process you're describing, specifically where you sign onto another lord's army as a common low-rank solider, fight in his battles, and slowly get promoted receiving better pay and higher gear is a feature called "Freelancer" and unfortunately it is not present in native Warband. That being said, many single player mods DO feature this mechanic, just check to see if "freelancing" "freelancer" or "enlisting" is an option.

In native this is impossible but in the mod Floris you have the possibility to really be a troop in a lord/kings army, travel in his party, fight in his battles etc.

In native this is impossible but in the mod Floris you have the possibility to really be a troop in a lord/kings army, travel in his party, fight in his battles etc.
For the record what you're describing is actually due to Freelancer, which can be played on its own or included in a ton of mods, including Floris.

Back
Top Bottom