Joining a faction?

Users who are viewing this thread

joer5835 said:
General K said:
Technically you are working up the ranks although I get what you mean. I think you should have to enlist in an army for at least Private/Corporal and once you are a Sergeant you can sort of lead a small party. Then to advance further (Officer Ranks) you have to buy comissions rather than earning them.

I don't know what Docm has planned but either system works fine. I am rather enjoying the ranking systems as they stand.  :smile:

You could do that by drastically limiting the party limits. A max of 10 for Private/Corporal, 25-30 for Sgt and good 50-80 for the starting Officer rank. I'd also like a system where you can't get anything above recruits untill you become sergeant.

That would be a nice feature I feel but for the purpose of gameplay I could see many being annoyed by it as you potentially would be raped by General's parties :p I wouldn't mind it though, I like challenges and accuracy/realism where practically possible of course.

I still feel that you should have to purchase Officer ranks through commissions only or an alternative system, to renown as it currently stands. That way it wouldn't be so fast or easy as currently the speed of which you can gain renown enough for promotion is pretty fast in that regard.

Edit : to below. Preferably that would be better for the lower ranks yes :smile:

Well, you're not really supposed to wander about as a private and seek out fights with lords, you are supposed to follow a friendly Lord and his party.

Count Roland said:
How can I get uniforms, like the lords have? Liaison gives me nothing but promotion and can't buy officer uniforms at the depot.
You can buy uniforms fitting your rank at the military depots. Enter depot -> Quartmaster -> class -> class(rank)

I need to advance in ranks a bit more then. Thanks. How do Social Classes Work? I tried to find infos, but nothing so far. Right now i'm a townie and it doesn't seem to change.

ClearlyInvisible said:
Froi said:
Docm30 said:
Be honest. Does everyone just click past the info screen that pops up when you first get on the campaign map? Because I wrote this information on it.
After clicking past it so often I didn't even realize I did it :lol:.

...Same.
I read it the first time on my first save.
Second save I took a screenshot for reference.
00E64444AB0D7C98F74F6ED48CA27756FA744BB9

fierymastermind said:
So you earn promotions by killing enemies? I've destroyed two Austrian generals and I have still not earned a promotion...

You have to go to the military depot and ask the regimental liaison for a promotion, it's tied to how much renown you have

Gewehr98 said:
fierymastermind said:
So you earn promotions by killing enemies? I've destroyed two Austrian generals and I have still not earned a promotion...

You have to go to the military depot and ask the regimental liaison for a promotion, it's tied to how much renown you have

I know about the depot, but I did not know about the renown! But how high must your renown be to earn just one promotion?

fierymastermind said:
Gewehr98 said:
fierymastermind said:

I know about the depot, but I did not know about the renown! But how high must your renown be to earn just one promotion?

Depends on the rank in question.

So far I think from what I know:

Private : 50
Corporal: between 50-100 somewhere
Sergeant:100
Lieutenant:200

General K said:
So far I think from what I know:

Private : 50
Corporal: between 50-100 somewhere
Sergeant:100
Lieutenant:200
Sergeant-Major was somewhere between 100 and 200.
Captain somewhere before 287 (my current renown).

Yep, Divisional General included as a rank also. You have to get around 900-1000 renown. (I think)

Back
Top Bottom