Joining a faction?

Users who are viewing this thread

So you find the recruiter.  Join the faction.  Then go to the Military Depot, enter it, then find your uniform and weapons.  Then you accompany whichever lord you want and join in on their battles.  Is that the system so far in the game?

Atikus said:
So you find the recruiter.  Join the faction.  Then go to the Military Depot, enter it, then find your uniform and weapons.  Then you accompany whichever lord you want and join in on their battles.  Is that the system so far in the game?

Pretty much

Docm30 said:
Be honest. Does everyone just click past the info screen that pops up when you first get on the campaign map? Because I wrote this information on it.

I did click at first because I assumed it was the standard vanilla crap hehe. But I noticed after watching videos earlier so in that sense we should be paying more attention! :p

Docm30 said:
Be honest. Does everyone just click past the info screen that pops up when you first get on the campaign map? Because I wrote this information on it.
After clicking past it so often I didn't even realize I did it :lol:.

I prefer this to freelancer, because you have the right clicking ability to follow automatically, also you can have your own regiment and/or squad.

Baktech said:
I prefer this to freelancer, because you have the right clicking ability to follow automatically, also you can have your own regiment and/or squad.

Would it be possible to have both in theory? Some of us might like to start out as a raw recruit and work our way up the ranks.

Technically you are working up the ranks although I get what you mean. I think you should have to enlist in an army for at least Private/Corporal and once you are a Sergeant you can sort of lead a small party. Then to advance further (Officer Ranks) you have to buy comissions rather than earning them.

I don't know what Docm has planned but either system works fine. I am rather enjoying the ranking systems as they stand.  :smile:

Baktech said:
Not really.
With Freelancer you are given equipment fitting your charge, you are promoted with time, you can work on your lord's relationship after each battle and, like I said earlier, the RP aspect makes it a lot of fun. For example, in my opinion the best mods to enjoy Freelancer are Gekokujo and Brytenwalda, even more Brytenwalda with its unique version of Freelancer which adds some RP options after each battle.

Gewehr98 said:
I am about to take the king's shilling. Will I get assigned to an NPC lord's army a la freelancer or will I be going it alone?
Its not like freelancer; it is more like accepting the mercenary quest.

The only thing thats kind of weird is how you can own land and be a vassal of the faction you serve while only being a sargeant... Also when you sign up  as a  foot soldier, does it automatically assign you to the faction you signed up for? Because i enlisted as a foot soldier and also became a vassal of Napoleon.

salma neyla said:
How i can rank up without asking king like pay someone

Go to your faction Military depot and attempt to purchase a commission via Headquarters, Officer there. if you can afford one :razz: That is teh only alternative way as far as I know, as opposed to asking your faction leader.

Tovias said:
Baktech said:
Not really.
With Freelancer you are given equipment fitting your charge, you are promoted with time, you can work on your lord's relationship after each battle and, like I said earlier, the RP aspect makes it a lot of fun. For example, in my opinion the best mods to enjoy Freelancer are Gekokujo and Brytenwalda, even more Brytenwalda with its unique version of Freelancer which adds some RP options after each battle.

The key word is there, roleplay. It's not the same thing following a lord's party around, I have tried but it truly isn't.

General K said:
Technically you are working up the ranks although I get what you mean. I think you should have to enlist in an army for at least Private/Corporal and once you are a Sergeant you can sort of lead a small party. Then to advance further (Officer Ranks) you have to buy comissions rather than earning them.

I don't know what Docm has planned but either system works fine. I am rather enjoying the ranking systems as they stand.  :smile:

You could do that by drastically limiting the party limits. A max of 10 for Private/Corporal, 25-30 for Sgt and good 50-80 for the starting Officer rank. I'd also like a system where you can't get anything above recruits untill you become sergeant.

Back
Top Bottom