Joining a faction?

Users who are viewing this thread

Question should be, how do I get a promotion? I tried to pay for it. How much is it, actually?

The faction leader can promote you based on renown. I believe it's in 100 increments, at least for low-level ranks. The Regimental Liason's cheapest commission for sale is a lieutenancy and it's 13,750 francs.

I am currently a Corporal in the British Army and I have yet to advance past. (Might be due a promotion actually).

I would like the system clarified tbh, I think eventually you should or do stop getting promotions before reaching Officer ranks, via your faction leader and thus have to or should have to buy a comission to join the ranks of Officers.

(Just saw posts above, makes sense)

I'm not sure how promotions work but I think they're tied to renown, glory points? (dunno what these are but I have them) and how many battles you've won or enemies defeated, you know doing your bit for god and country and all that. I started out as Common Rabble went around fighting and became a Soldat and then I talked to Miss Napoleon :razz: and buyed my way up to Corporal and that's were I am.

Would like to see a features page up explaining all this and that and whatnot, after Docm sleeps of course :grin:

Swagger said:
where is this army recruiter? i started in Prussia, searched in the army depot, towns, berlin and there's no army recruiter or anything similar...

Same with me in Poland. Found the UNIFORM, but not a place to buy commission.

Swagger said:
where is this army recruiter? i started in Prussia, searched in the army depot, towns, berlin and there's no army recruiter or anything similar...
Go to street view and wander around, you'll find him eventually (he usually wears the nations uniform so it can't be that hard to find him amongst the civilians).

I think the army recruiter only spawns at a nations capitol since I found one in Paris but not other parts of France, might be wrong though, and to get promoted talk to the faction leader :grin:

ClearlyInvisible said:
Swagger said:

Same with me in Poland. Found the UNIFORM, but not a place to buy commission.
Faction capitals are the ones with the name of the nation following the town name. In Prussia's case, Berlin.
These are the cities with the faction recruiter to be found by walking around town.
Further promotion, equipment, and services can be gotten mostly from the military depots, and from officers.

I am about to take the king's shilling. Will I get assigned to an NPC lord's army a la freelancer or will I be going it alone?

There's no freelancer in l'Aigle. If you want to do something like freelancer, you will have to follow a lord around on your own.

joer5835 said:
You're on your own, If you want to do something like freelancer, you will have to follow a lord around.

Ok. Is a freelancer mechanic going to be implemented eventually?

joer5835 said:
You're on your own, If you want to do something like freelancer, you will have to follow a lord around.
Which by the way can be automated by right clicking on a lord and pressing the accompany option.

Back
Top Bottom