Join the Swedish?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi all,

being swedish I want to fight for Sweden.

King of Sweden says I can join faction after fighting his enemies for a bit. Does that mean I simply need to get 10 renown with Sweden?
AND, Sweden seems to lack a questline, is interesting to join swedish faction anyway?

Rgds, Oldtimer

You'll have to raise a company of soldiers and fight alongside the Swedish in some of their campaigns. You can then ask the king about becoming a vassal, IIRC. When you've fought battles, made them like you and won enough renown, they'll take you.

Despite there being bugs, I can recommend the Swedish. They have good, well-armored troops, with the Swedish Reiters being one of the most powerful units in the game. No archers though - if you want them, choose Crimeans - but if you like the style and equipment of central-European 17th century armies, go ahead.

Another good thing about becoming Swedish is that the best armour (Black Armour) you can equip yourself and your heroes with looks (central-)European, just like the Swedish soldiers. It wouldn't stilistically fit if you fought in European armour alongside Crimean Tatars!

Greetings
K.

Hi posters,

thx for your attn.

It simply takes much time to be invited to the swedish loyalist faction(there is a non-loyalist too...) as I discovered.

All of a sudden one lord offered me a position as a merc captain in the Royal Swedish Army. He also stressed that this opens a possibility of nobilitation and land grant.
So let`s play on and see. And hell yeah, Sweden kicks ass. Got a favourable peace with Muscovy and is annihilating Polish Commonwealth, which may be totally gone soon. Dominium Maris Baltici suddenly becomes reality.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Heh, I'm a Pole and I always make a beeline for Sweden in WFaS. I blame Sienkiewicz for pissing me off with his characterization.

Yes, Sweden lacks a questline, but then again so do all the vanilla factions in Warband, and with a little help from you, they can crush Poland. One time I played, all the remaining Polish nobles were hiding in Krakow, the only remaining city, and Sweden controlled most of the Khanate territory as well. Made it all the more satisfying to rebel and fight back all the way back north.

Hi scrdest,

the thing is that AI Sweden doesn`t need help from human player. When I was enlisted in the swedish army at 12 renown IIRC Sweden was abt 80% done with the Commonwealth. Not much left to do for me.
As I will not rebel I can only wait for round 2 vs Muscovy. Oh, I heard the climate in Crimea is very agreeable, let`s check it out, shall we...

Rgds, Oldtimer

I wanted to join the swedes as well (Swedish/Irishman here), but after going to several cities and fortresses, no one had any missions for me to begin to raise my points with them.  I'm still sitting right at 0.  I think it might be a glitch in my game though.

Swede's do have amazing troops and are awesome to look at when in battle :smile:  I went with the Musky's instead because they were the first to accept my blade (14 renown with them).  Hopefully after I get a few guys back from the Academy I can build up my troops and rebel against the Musky's to attempt to join the Swedes again.

Good luck man!

Hi AncientCWS,

perhaps a glitch, but may also be lack of patience. I had strings of mission refusals in my games and then suddenly missions start to kick in.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Hey

To join Sweden you can, next to do quests, loot cities and fight armies of nations which are hostile to sweden.

Back
Top Bottom